Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
realhousewifeofnj

Good price for 94 sq. ft.of granite in NJ?

Hello all!

I am being quoted $4400 cash for 94 sq.ft. of River White granite in NJ. This is for any edge except Miter.

Thank you in advance!

Comments (10)

• live_wire_oak
    9 years ago

Sounds suspiciously cheap. Please check several past installs in person, paying close attention to seams, even sink reveals, even overhangs, and overall edge details. If you can't view his past work in person, that ought to tell you a heck of a lot right there.

• ardcp
    9 years ago

That is crazy cheap. I paid $3800 for 50 sq ft north of Albany for a stone that has similar pricing to river white

• speaktodeek
    9 years ago

If it's CASH, make sure it's all right before it's all paid. And all in writing, too. It also helps if it's a business wanting online exposure, so you have leverage in online reviewing and they have motivation to make sure you are a happy customer.

I do know that in the Philly/Wilmington area the stone business is very competitive, so prices seem to be significantly lower than many other areas of the country.

I was pretty shocked how competitive the pricing was in the Philly 'burbs.

• RealHousewifeofNJ
    Original Author
    9 years ago

They are a legitimate local fabricator with a store front that my contractor has used for many years. I just wasn't sure if the price was high or not since you see so many advertised specials around here @ $28 a square foot. I know I am getting an additional discount for paying cash plus I do not need a sink. Thank you for your help!

It seems that granite prices have fallen quite a bit. When I originally did my kitchen in 1999. I paid about $7000 for Ubatuba! Back then granite wasn't anywhere as common as it is now.

• bbtrix
    9 years ago

Very suspicious. Be careful and good luck. If you've been following recent posts, many of us have had fabrication problems. As others have stated, check references, warranties, and hold payment until satisfied. Cash payment indicates something's up.

• User
    9 years ago

I've got these watches here under my overcoat........

That might be the stone cost. Or the labor cost. Not both together. Just the labor alone in a very cheap labor location is $30-50 a square. The more expensive the stone, the more risk to the fabricator, so the higher the labor costs to fabricate. And that's. NOT a Group A stone. More like a Group E, which would be double the price quoted, a the lowest.

Something isn't right with those numbers. When something is too good to be true, it IS too good to be true.

• jonesjrjonesgolf
    8 years ago

I'm not sure how to private message you but I would love to know the name of the granite supplier. I live in South Jersey and would love to get a good deal on River White granite! Thanks

• PRO
    The Kitchen Place
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Does it include laser template, deliver and installation? That price is less than my cost. However, I have heard that coastal cities, granite is cheaper due to less freight costs. But I agree, that seems pretty low. Let us know how it turns out.

• monika2024
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

RealHousewifeofNJ: I'm in south nj- who is it? or at least can you tell me the city they're located in? I'm looking for something that looks like this River White aka Pretoria white aka Thunder white. (really wanted super white but can't deal with the maintenance and this granite is the next best)