Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Return from White Macaubusland

Posted by musicgal (My Page) on
Sat, May 17, 14 at 15:07

I've learned a lot about this quartzite over the past few weeks. Finally made a commitment today to two slabs of this lovely stuff. White Macaubus vein cut was called simply White Macaubus. The crosscut variety was called Calacutta Quartzite. They don't make things easy for us neophytes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Return from White Macaubusland

Oh goodness, that's pretty!

o

Thank you edeevee- I paid more for that stone than I did for my wedding back in 1977. I can only hope it lasts that long:)

o

That is gorgeous!! You're going to love it!

o

That is pretty. I took a few pictures of BS that I would have used if going with that quartzite. If my next kitchen is a white cabinet one, I loved these.

o

Gorgeous! Congratulations on making a decision!

o

Lovely slab, glad you were able to make a decision! I would be paralyzed with indecision in a stoneyard.

o

For a neophyte, you did good! That is a gorgeous slab...a slab that if you knew exactly what you wanted, could take months to find.
Thanks for sharing a pic of your slab. Please share installation day pics.

o

Gorgeous...my fav! Can't wait to see it installed. Congrats on finding the perfect slab.

o

Gorgeous

o

Oh, pretty!!! Can't wait to see that installed! Isn't it the best feeling when you find "the one"? Congratulations!

o

strayer- that it a fabulous backsplash on the right with the gray borders between the tiles. Do you remember the name of that supplier and pattern?

strayer, nhbaskets, greenhaven, romy718, bicyclegirl, Mags438 and andreak100- thank you. I am excited about seeing it on the horizontal so to speak. Here is a pic of where it is going. Everywhere but the back perimeter by the stove.

o

Here it a pic of the kitchen layout in part.

o

I think bookworm4321 posted the pictures of the subway tiles with the little tiles in between.

o

so she did- bookworm do you remember where you saw those pretty bs patterns?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here