Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
musicgal_gw

Return from White Macaubusland

musicgal
9 years ago

I've learned a lot about this quartzite over the past few weeks. Finally made a commitment today to two slabs of this lovely stuff. White Macaubus vein cut was called simply White Macaubus. The crosscut variety was called Calacutta Quartzite. They don't make things easy for us neophytes.

Comments (14)

• edeevee
    9 years ago

Oh goodness, that's pretty!

• musicgal
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you edeevee- I paid more for that stone than I did for my wedding back in 1977. I can only hope it lasts that long:)

• ssdarb
    9 years ago

That is gorgeous!! You're going to love it!

• bookworm4321
    9 years ago

That is pretty. I took a few pictures of BS that I would have used if going with that quartzite. If my next kitchen is a white cabinet one, I loved these.

• nhbaskets
    9 years ago

Gorgeous! Congratulations on making a decision!

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

Lovely slab, glad you were able to make a decision! I would be paralyzed with indecision in a stoneyard.

• romy718
    9 years ago

For a neophyte, you did good! That is a gorgeous slab...a slab that if you knew exactly what you wanted, could take months to find.
    Thanks for sharing a pic of your slab. Please share installation day pics.

• bicyclegirl1
    9 years ago

Gorgeous...my fav! Can't wait to see it installed. Congrats on finding the perfect slab.

• Mags438
    9 years ago

Gorgeous

• andreak100
    9 years ago

Oh, pretty!!! Can't wait to see that installed! Isn't it the best feeling when you find "the one"? Congratulations!

• musicgal
    Original Author
    9 years ago

strayer- that it a fabulous backsplash on the right with the gray borders between the tiles. Do you remember the name of that supplier and pattern?

strayer, nhbaskets, greenhaven, romy718, bicyclegirl, Mags438 and andreak100- thank you. I am excited about seeing it on the horizontal so to speak. Here is a pic of where it is going. Everywhere but the back perimeter by the stove.

• musicgal
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here it a pic of the kitchen layout in part.

• ssdarb
    9 years ago

I think bookworm4321 posted the pictures of the subway tiles with the little tiles in between.

• musicgal
    Original Author
    9 years ago

so she did- bookworm do you remember where you saw those pretty bs patterns?

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH