Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dkotov

Color of the sink - Bianco Diamond Silgranite - white quartz?

Denitza Kotov
10 years ago

Clear finish walnut + Blizzard ( white quartz) - backsplash will be greenish( maybe olive ) - haven't decided yet.

Which color would you pick for the sink?
http://www.blancoamerica.com/c3/blanco_usa/_www/en/pub/products/product_portfolio/portfolio_catalog_sinks.cfm?fuseaction=c.productdetail&startRow=1&endRow=24&strukturID=1269500751135

It's hard to order the sink before deciding on the backsplash

Please share your thoughts - thank you!

Comments (8)

• olympia776
    10 years ago

I was thinking of doing silgranit but I don't think there's a model for us. As I was researching I became concerned with stains from food and hard water. If it were me I'd probably do the metalic gray. Is the blizzard predominantly white?

• Mrs_Nyefnyef
    10 years ago

Your sink link did not work for me. You mentioned not wanting to pick the sink color before the backsplash, but I don't think backsplash is nearly as important as countertop and cabinets for picking the color of the sink. It's hard to know from your brief description what color would be best. With a white quartz, a lot of people don't like white-on-white, but other people do. Some like the contrast of anthracite. I've seen pics of anthracite sinks with marble or quartzite or white quartz, and it looks fabulous. I think that is what I am going to get. But for you, it is almost impossible to advise you with the little info you've provided. Any photos?

I do not agree with Browneyes776 about stains on Silgranit! I am about to start on my third kitchen, and my last one had a Silgranit sink. That thing was the most stain-proof sink I have ever had in my entire life. My family abused it terribly (teenaged boys) and it just never showed a thing. My gosh, it's made from mostly granite, and is as durable. I've been a lurker on this forum for a while, and know there are many threads here that talk about how stain-proof Silgranit is, if you want to do a search. Especially when compared to stainless steel (two kitchens ago) which gets water marks all over the place, and even rust marks if you leave a metal spatula sitting in it.

You can contact Blanco's customer service, and they will mail to you sample color chips of the colors you are interested in. It's best to see the colors in your home, than try to decide from online pics.

• olympia776
    10 years ago

I know plenty of people love them I just read threads on here where some complained of stains. I don't have one so I don't have a horse in this race.

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

Browneyes--IIRC, almost everyone that complains about staining has a light colored sink. White or biscuit. BUT most people with these light colored sinks report ZERO staining at all. I'm so curious as to why some stain and some don't. It could be the kind of food dumped in them or the type of cleaning product used.

I am in love with my two metallic silgranits. I think that color would be a nice compliment to the colors you describe, Thedork. My prep sink is inset in my black walnut counter with white cabs. Not quite the same materials as yours, but perhaps the visual will help.

• cathy725
    10 years ago

There may have been some staining issues on the original silgranit in the light colors, but I really haven't seen any complaints about the silgranit II.

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all! I even consulted with some designers and they are saying to pick white however I kind of like a little bit of a contrast but I guess I need to pick the backsplash first which is not an easy task. We also have hard water which worries me if I pick white.

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

I'm not sure I understand the need to pick a backsplash first. I'd rather the sink coordinate with the counters and cabs, but it's always better to have a backsplash picked out before you start. Otherwise, you run the risk of being at 18 months post-working kitchen STILL without a backsplash.

If you're looking for some contrast, I still think the metallic gray would be a great choice.

• SparklingWater
    10 years ago

My Blanco sample of "Cinder" Silgranite came today. Definitely a new, strong player to the team.

I have a sample of polished White Carrara next to me, and Cinder Silgranite picks up the darker veining while the Metallic Gray the lighter grey veining. I really like the Cinder as it contrasts the overall background of grey and white in the Carrara yet extols the deeper, darker veins. The Cinder sample piece looks perhaps to have a smoother, continuous cinder (dark ash) color with a matte finish.

You may wish to look at it, OP. I do think Silgranite II colors in general are great, although the white is a bit too chalky to my eyes and may pose due consideration when putting it in a white countertop. Good luck on your choice.

This post was edited by SparklingWater on Mon, May 6, 13 at 20:11

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz