Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will you help me with color scheme ideas?

Posted by raee (My Page) on
Sat, May 11, 13 at 15:03

I am having my cabinets made for my smallish kitchen, and none of the initial choices of colors (painted) from the cabinetmaker really grabbed my imagination (he uses Woodwright finishes). I have been drawn to Clic's "Tea Leaf" in the past though, and Woodwright's light sage and morning drizzle seemed like nice options. But, like I said, from a tiny color square on an 8x11 piece of paper, didn't really grab my imagination. Plus, as I have mentioned here before, I have difficulty visualizing options.

I will have a darker oak floor (color "antler"), satin nickel pulls, SS with black frig and DW (replacing stove later).

I was leaning toward just a white (not bright, but slightly mellower) cabinet with Silestone Marengo counters. Neutral, classic and *easy*!

I have been in love lately with warm grey, sage-y green, pale blue, soft yellow mixes in pants and tiles after seeing a couple of examples both here and in a magazine.

Now - at the last minute - my CM has told me that he can color match for only $50 more, so now a world of possibilities has opened up for me, and I am going crazy! I am not locked into the counter yet, I could change to toffee or white (although I don't love the first-tier Silestone white) or even to granite (such as river white) in the same price range. I am wondering about a warm, almost greenish grey for the cabinets with the river white granite.

Then I thought, Hey! why not ask the GW'ers to let their design imaginations run wild and come up with some suggestions for color schemes? or maybe, specific colors?

So, cabinet, wall, counter, (but staying in that pallete of warm grey, green, blue, yellow/tan)-- what have you got?

TIA--Raee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will you help me with color scheme ideas?

I have white cabinets, but just painted the walls in my kitchen with BM Moonshine, which I really like. It's a pale greeny-gray, and changes color a lot depending on the light. It may not be as warm a gray as you'd like, but take a look! I also used a slightly darker gray, in a similar hue, called Gray Horse, in my back room.

Picking colors is hard -- hope you get some other good suggestions here!

o

Do you have a backsplash in mind?

o

mpagmom, I have only decided to put a stainless steel sheet behind the stove for now, and planned to paint the walls. But,with the white cab/dark grey counter scheme I have been thinking that I might run a strip of tile in a soft blue, grey or sage green, instead of counter materiel, for a small backsplash for now. I don't like the look of a 4" backsplash; it will have to be either minimal or the whole wall eventually. I saw a kitchen (linked below) that started me on the blue/gray/green color idea although I wouldn't go exactly like it, I like the feeling of it.

Thanks, justmakeit, I will search out that color tomorrow at BM! We have a shop a quick bike ride away!

Here is a link that might be useful: one inspiration for backsplash

o

Moonshine is a lovely color, thanks! I would love to see a picture of it in your kitchen, justmakeit!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here