Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raee_gw

Will you help me with color scheme ideas?

I am having my cabinets made for my smallish kitchen, and none of the initial choices of colors (painted) from the cabinetmaker really grabbed my imagination (he uses Woodwright finishes). I have been drawn to Clic's "Tea Leaf" in the past though, and Woodwright's light sage and morning drizzle seemed like nice options. But, like I said, from a tiny color square on an 8x11 piece of paper, didn't really grab my imagination. Plus, as I have mentioned here before, I have difficulty visualizing options.

I will have a darker oak floor (color "antler"), satin nickel pulls, SS with black frig and DW (replacing stove later).

I was leaning toward just a white (not bright, but slightly mellower) cabinet with Silestone Marengo counters. Neutral, classic and *easy*!

I have been in love lately with warm grey, sage-y green, pale blue, soft yellow mixes in pants and tiles after seeing a couple of examples both here and in a magazine.

Now - at the last minute - my CM has told me that he can color match for only $50 more, so now a world of possibilities has opened up for me, and I am going crazy! I am not locked into the counter yet, I could change to toffee or white (although I don't love the first-tier Silestone white) or even to granite (such as river white) in the same price range. I am wondering about a warm, almost greenish grey for the cabinets with the river white granite.

Then I thought, Hey! why not ask the GW'ers to let their design imaginations run wild and come up with some suggestions for color schemes? or maybe, specific colors?

So, cabinet, wall, counter, (but staying in that pallete of warm grey, green, blue, yellow/tan)-- what have you got?

TIA--Raee

Comments (4)