Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lydiacaitlin_gw

countertop advice for henrybuilt cabinets

lydiacaitlin
9 years ago

Hi, this is my first kitchen post, though I've been lurking the forums for quite a while!

I'm planning a gut reno of my small kitchen in Brooklyn. I'm in the middle of a complicated pregnancy and need to make decisions quickly to get the job done by September.

I went with henrybuilt cabinets because I liked the quality and loved their efficient design process.

We are doing henrybuilt's "grey oak" wood cabinets (their lightest wood option) for uppers and island paneling, probably with a complimentary warm grey "high pressure laminate" base cabinet.

I'm debating about countertops. henrybuilt offers only one option -- a "solid surface acrylic" that comes in many colors. I believe it is LG HI-MACS, which seems to be a lot like Corian. I would probably get white, or maybe a very light grey.

I didn't love it in the showroom, but probably I wouldn't "love" any countertop option that works well for us. I love wood countertops, and very light-color subtle patterned marbles. But our two counter areas will be around the range top and the sink and we are HARD on our kitchen so need something as low-maintenance as possible.

Anyone have experience with this type of countertop henrybuilt offers? The big pros -- they can cut out a nice integrated drainboard and have the counters delivered with the cabinets ready to install. Cons -- it's pretty thin material, and feels like plastic to me. Saving the extra install time and research / purchasing energy is probably worth it to me in the end, but I don't want to regret not exploring all my options!

Many pictures of the cabs and countertops on henrybuilt.com. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022