Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplash Question?

Posted by dhuston (My Page) on
Fri, May 31, 13 at 15:01

Just getting around to getting our backsplash done and I have a question. There will be two sections between the upper cabinet and door or window trim that the top of the tile will show. I am using 2x4 venato carrera marble tiles. I know that I could get the few tiles on the top row bullnosed but my question is the you would still be able to see the mortar. I can get some pencil trim but then again you would see the mortar. What is your suggestion?

PS I am only talking about 4 inches or so of tile in each area.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplash Question?

Tile caulk. You should be able to get it in the color of your grout.

o

Mine has grout showing.... Very little. Our tile guy must have just went over that area with the grout. It's such a small skinny space that the grout fills right in with the rest of the work.

o

We will have 2 small areas on either side of the vent hood where the backsplash tile will meet plain wall. (Not tiling behind the hood.) We plan to use the Schluter metal trim to give it a clean finish.

Here is a link that might be useful: Schluter edges

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here