Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opinion on tile

Posted by Abi123 (My Page) on
Sat, May 11, 13 at 14:56

Hello everyone,
We are trying to decide on tiles for our kitchen. We have cherry cabinets and a somewhat busy granite. Our kitchen does not receive much sunlight so I wanted something simple and a little reflective. This is the only tile we found at the store that we liked. DH loves it, I am not so sure. Wondering if it is a little too white? Would love your opinion and also if you have suggestions for tiles I would love to hear them!
Thanks

photo photo21_zps84ae24f6.jpg

photo photo22_zps14c61f4b.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opinion on tile

I like that tile but I don't think it works with your cabs and granite.

o

I think the small squares are a little too close to the size of the speckles in the granite...

This post was edited by palimpsest on Sat, May 11, 13 at 15:46

o

Thank you for the responses. palimsest, that is an interesting point. Didn't think about it, but it makes so much sense. So perhaps larger tiles will look good?

o

I LOVE the tile...but, I agree with others, it doesn't work with the granite. The counter is busy and the tile would compete with it.

o

How about white glass subway tiles? They won't compete with the granite but they probably reflect light. I have also seen tempered glass painted on the wall side and cut to fit the backsplash area.

o

I love the idea of subway glass...

o

We went with a combination of sizes with travertine tile....similar top to yours but we do have the oak cabinets instead of maple or cherry. I felt this still had some interest with the different sizing and random lengths but was simple enough to not compete with the busy pattern of the granite.

o

Another closer shot.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here