Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sneak peek--Backsplash to match Heidihausfrau!

Posted by cathy725 (My Page) on
Wed, May 8, 13 at 14:54

Since I saw Heidi's backsplash and it is almost identical to mine (I posted a shot in her thread) I thought I'd post in my own thread.

We're still dealing with renovations--they have a few things to do to finish kitchen and they are now working on my master bath. I'm getting so tired of renovations, but I know I'll love it all in the end. I'm also weary of making decisions and then thinking I'm finished choosing things only to have something out of stock or the GC recommend something different.

OK, enough whining, here's my backsplash!

Kitchen Backsplash

I give credit to DH who finally chose the backsplash. It also solved the problem where he wanted to add the 4" granite backsplash because it turned out that wasn't included in the price, so I could have my backsplash without the granite--which I was having to fight everyone over. Everyone is now happy and agrees that I was right!

Hopefully I will be as happy with my master bath tile decisions! We'll see.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sneak peek--Backsplash to match Heidihausfrau!

Love it! Soooo pretty! At least you won the fight for the cool hood! I lost and got the otr micro. Can't win em' all!

o

It's gorgeous. Congrats!

o

And congrats on winning the 4"-er fight: it would have been awful, but is now spectacular! Sometimes it's just worth holding out.

o

Beautiful. It looks great with your counter tops but we do need more pictures!

o

I'm waiting for the rest of my outlet covers before I post more pics!

Heidi--the hood was non-negotiable! We had a otr microwave and I couldn't even boil water without setting off the smoke alarm in the entry hall. I wanted a hood with power that was also quiet (my microwave was so loud and didn't move much air).

This post was edited by cathy725 on Wed, May 8, 13 at 22:31

o

Love the backsplash...glad you kept fighting against the 4"backsplash.

o

Lovely!

o

Ooooh! I love it!! Can you please share the specs on the backsplash?

o

I have to comment on the 4" granite battle. I didn't want it (obviously). GC brought it up and DH wanted it. I finally won the battle (took at least 1+ week of convincing and some cost difference before DH agreed).

Granite fabricator (owner of shop) came in today to measure for granite bath vanities. He admired the backsplash and said "see I told you it would look better without the granite backsplash" to the GC. Ha! I can't figure out why GC was pushing that so hard--it wasn't going to make him any extra money. I think he and DH were just stuck with the picture that "everyone" does a 4" granite backsplash.

Anyway--on to the backsplash material. It is honed travertine. I got it at the tile shop in town. Even got it on sale! I'll post the link of the actual tile. I sealed it and it is working out well. I sprayed water on it to test it and the water just beaded up beautifully on the surface.

Here is a link that might be useful: Claros Silver honed corinth

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here