Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doityourselfgirl_gw

Bianco Antico, backsplashes and cabinet paint color...

doityourselfgirl
13 years ago

I LOVE THIS FORUM!

I have new bianco antico granite counter tops with a 6" backsplash, stainless appliances, a blanco silgranite Black sink and tons of oak cabinets.

So far I have sanded and primed all the cabinet boxes...my cabinet doors are "vacationing" in the garage. I am trying to figure out what color of SW Pro Classic paint I should use for the cabinets...true white almost makes the granite look dingy...I've gotten 3 samples so far.

I've got 12 inches above the granite to do a backsplash....I've been looking at Port Decor "Kick*ss Glass" in Chai or black...

My QUESTION...with bianco antico, what color did you paint your cabinets and what did you use as a backsplash?

(I'll post pics when I get home, our family room kitchen has a whole wall of windows that face south...lots of light)

Thanks in advance for you help!

Comments (9)

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

Yay!!! Another BA-er!!! Woo HOO

I know exactly what you are talking about.

I painted mine BM Cloud White. I chose this one because I knew my oil based paint would yellow slightly, so I planned ahead, so to speak. It seemed a little "white" when I chose it, but it has come into its own slightly creamy color. There was another choice that was slightly creamier on the paint chip, but for the reasons I just mentioned the other one won out.

Here's a picture:

• willis13
    13 years ago

My kitchen is not built yet, but my cabinets are also going to be BM cloud white. I looked at other whites, but the creaminess of cloud white won out. Again. My walls are BM revere pewter. I will decide on a backsplash later, so be assured I'll be posting for help later too!!

• Suzy
    13 years ago

i didn't officially pick my granite yet because my cabs are being installed now, but i'm pretty sure i'm going with BA and revere pewter on the walls. my cabs are ben moore white dove and i love them!

• willis13
    13 years ago

My kitchen is not built yet, but my cabinets are also going to be BM cloud white. I looked at other whites, but the creaminess of cloud white won out. Again. My walls are BM revere pewter. I will decide on a backsplash later, so be assured I'll be posting for help later too!!

• megradek
    13 years ago

well, my cabs are stained so no help on white paint color from me! But, my walls are BM Revere Pewter (I'm seeing a trend!). This color blended so well with my slabs that there was a drip of it in one spot for over a week after painting because we couldn't see it!!!

• doityourselfgirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all the tips! This weekend I painted all the bottom cabinet bases and the island SW Black Bean...it looks AWESOME...will post pics later. I think I am going to keep the top cabinets SW origami white...I want to lean toward the brown/gray rather than the yellow.

I may put some type of frosted glass in a row of upper cabinet doors.

Now I need to pick the hardware so hubby can drill the holes and I can start priming the drawers and the doors!

I found a great glass backsplash when I stopped into Tile Outlet...I'll find out what the name of it is and let you know.

I can't wait to see BM Revere pewter...I need a color for my walls....decisions, decisions...more later!

• redroze
    13 years ago

DIYGirl - This forum is awesome isn't it??? I can't wait to see photos of your space and Bianco Antico. I never, ever tire of seeing Bianco Antico.

We painted our cabinets Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace. Our backsplash is a colour called Chalk White, and is a handmade ceramic 2x8 subway tile from Ann Sacks.

• byzantine
    10 years ago

Oh, I'm so glad I found this thread. This is one of the tile options I've picked out for my remodel. It looks very bit as splendid installed as I imagined! Thank you!