Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sue_brunette

Acountryfarm-would you post kitchen floorplan?

I have been drooling over your kitchen pictures and would love to see a floorplan. Do you have one you could post? If you don't mind? Thank you

Comments (19)

• luckymom23
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Could I add a second request? Would you be willing to share the name of your cabinetmaker? We are building in Oregon City. Thank you!

• acountryfarm
    15 years ago

hockeychik -- I would be glad to, just give me a day or so. Thank you BTW.

luckymom23 -- You must know we are not to far away. He is very good, although a bit scattered sometimes. I will say everything was done on time, just like I ordered. All other subs comment on how nice the cabs are & what excellent quality they are.

Its Robert & Sons Fine Cabinetry 541-484-9876

p.s. luckymom, my sister and her husband are moving to Oregon City, they just made an offer on a lot so will be building soon. They are relocating due to it being a better basketball program at the highschool. They are very excited.

• tkln
    15 years ago

I third the request!!! All the pictures have me dying to see your layout!

• luckymom23
    15 years ago

Thanks acountryfarm! Yes, I knew we were 'neighbors' :). I posted to another thread about your gorgeous house, but I think that one 'passed on'. I love seeing the pictures, can't wait till your done and you post those! Exciting about your sis, I'm sure you can give her tons of tips on the process!
    Thanks again for the cabinetmaker's name.
    Lucky

• solarpowered
    15 years ago

Could someone please give a link to the pictures of Acountryfarm's kitchen? (I looked in the FKB and did search and so forth and came up blank.)

Thanks!

• Sue Brunette (formerly known as hockeychik)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Solarpowered, there are several posts with acountryfarm's pics but I think I ran across them on the one titled: Beadboard pics. It was posted by mominthedubc on Tues May 13, 2008.

Here is a link that might be useful: Beadboard pics

• acountryfarm
    15 years ago

Thank you all for the nice comments.
    Here are some more pics.
    A little about my kitchen.
    - no uppers, in main part
    - scullery separated by arches
    - 2 baking centers through scullery in open, large, walk in pantry
    - black honed on perimeters
    - carrera on island and baking centers
    - all chrome fixtures, pulls, etc
    - dining room is on one side. It is about 22 x 18, we use the dining room a lot as we have family meals everyday, also always lots of extra people joining us. I can't wait to use this room.
    - breakfast room & great room is open from other side of kitchen through arches. This room is 1200 sq. ft.
    We needed a large home, but I do not like huge entrances, grand staircases etc. I worked really hard to get this home to feel like a wonderful old country cottage. There are builtins everywhere with lots of classic detailing.
    I designed every aspect of this home to be functional as well as beautiful to look at and wonderful to be in.

I hope I get to live there soon. It has been a long , emotional heartache. We have had a builder embezzle money and then file BR, next builder is just not there, fraudulently bills etc. Dh and I have to fight everyday for this house in some way or another. The bank was not supporting us either, just said we had to figure out how to finish since builder wasn't. That means we pay builder and now we are out their hammering nails etc.

We have owned property for 3 years , I decided 3 yrs ago I wasn't going to just wait to move in so we travel there (15 miles) almost everyday, made a kitchen in the barn, fire pit, vegetable gardens, etc. I take the children and we live there until night falls then travel home. I know their memories will be wonderful. We live in city now so they have no real place to play. They love going to the country. We have never lived in a home bigger than 2200 sq. ft. I can't wait to move and spread out a bit. I am absolutely greatfull beyond measure.
    This is my sob story in a nutshell, There are definitely more important things in this life than houses, but it just is my life right now.
    I am glad you all enjoy seeing my kitchen. Would love to invite all of you over for a glass of wine or a hot cup of coffee.

• acountryfarm
    15 years ago

hey there hockeychic ---
    I haven't forgotten, it just seems my scanner has decided to take a vacation.
    I can usually figure these things out, but it is part of our server and network, which I don't know all that well. I will get floor plan posted as soon as I get it going.

Original Author
    15 years ago

Don't you hate it when stuff like that happens? I figured you had just been very busy. I'll keep waiting until you get it fixed. Sounds like I'm not the only one who wants to see!
    Is your house totally your plan or did you adjust an existing plan? I can't imagine trying to get enough room for all of the kids and still make the rooms cozy, but it looks like you have done that from the pictures I have seen. And it isn't even finished yet. I live vicariously through all the posts on this site. I'm so afraid my own kitchen reno will be nothing like the way I want it to look. I guess I am kind of scared to actually get the ball rolling because of that. And I am one of those people that has to research everything to death, you know I just might find the perfect thing and it will be too late to use it if I rush into things!!hee hee

• acountryfarm
    15 years ago

hockeychik --
    Yes, I do hate it when I can't figure something computer-ish out. Oh -well.
    My house , wow , where to start. It was an existing house 3 years ago. The middle part was where PO's lived. About 1100 sq. ft. kitchen, laundry, 3 beds upstairs, tiny bath. All very dated and well lived in. Old carpet, oak cabs you get the idea . Very 80's for sure. PO had added to both side of his livable space for a total of 5700 sq. ft. He only framed it. No insulation, no electrical, no plumbing no nothing. He used doors to keep the sections separate. It was awful.
    We first went to look at house because they said under construction, HA! We were very disappointed because it clearly was just a mish-mash of hope to be something someday. But.......
    .... renovation is my thing. This was beautiful property, 22 acres. Something we had wanted . We started talking and well the rest is history. Actually more like a nightmare.

We made offer ,bought house. Then gutted it. Down to studs, all of it. Insulation, roof, siding , plumbing, electrical, windows, doors. Every single bit of it. I reworked entire layout. We added a couple of small additions for better flow which made house 6100 sq. ft. Truly this is as new as can be except the lumber for outside structure.
    We re-sided, re-roofed, put in all new electrical, plumbing etc. Installed 58 new windows, 9 sets of french doors. I really can't believe sometimes how well the footprint has worked in my dream home. I love the floor plan, it really works so well. I had to work with 8 ft ceilings in original house and now I absolutely love them, it gives the house that cottage feel I wanted. I added secret staircase, dutch door, every little detail was well thought out and I am in love.
    I think the built-ins in all the bedrooms really help with the classic cozy feel as well. I told builders at start be prepared because I will have a lot of cabinetry, don't think they believed me but they do now. There is 415 lineal feet of cabinetry.

I also need to research everything. I am a bit of a perfectionist but do have quite a bit of knowledge and experience.

I love to share photos, so if you want to see more let me know. I just get so thrilled because it was something once so awful and now its wonderful.
    Looking at these before pictures is emotional at times. Its been 3 years and much heart ache. As I have said in other posts our 1st builder embezzled money then file BR. Our new and now builder is NEVER there, bills fraudulently, steals, etc. We now have an attorney involved. When he got wind of that he put a lien on our house which seriously jeopardizes everything as we have a construction loan.

These pics are exactly the way we bought house. I can't believe the pictures myself these days, it is so much worse than I remember.
    What were we thinking?
    Also check out that electrical panel, that was their entryway.

Original Author
    15 years ago

Ohh myy gawd!! You have done a terrific job!! I've always liked to view and putz with floorplans, but, you definitely have some talent. You are going to have such a spectacular home when you get it all finished. It's so heartbreaking that you have had such bad luck with builders and other issues. I'm glad you have a lawyer on your side now.

I would love to see any more pictures you care to post, as I have said, I don't think there is ever "too much" info. Bring it on.

I love the front door. I'm assuming you put that in? I also love the shingle style. My husband hates it. When we resided our home I wanted to use at least some shingles but he said no. I decided, ok, I can live without that, as long as I have my say in the kitchen redo. Hee hee. Actually, as it turns out, I'm kind of glad we didn't end up with shingles now. Pretty much our whole neighborhood resided their homes due to a hail storm and now there are so many shingle sided homes that it isn't as unique as it once was. That style isn't terribly common in Minnesota! I guess it will look dated in a few years, just like kitchen styles tend to look dated after awhile.

Once again, you have done an awesome job on your home. I just can't believe you have managed to get so much done while homeschooling and taking care of all of your children. I imagine some are old enough to be a big help, but still, they are kids. I have 3 of my own and boy can they be challenging. I really look forward to the time they spend in public school. Silence is golden.

I'll eagerly await more pics and your floorplan when you are able to get it posted. Thanks so much for all the info you have given. :)

Original Author
    15 years ago

I've been away from the forums for a bit and wanted to check in to see how things are going with you. It sounds like it was pretty frustrating. I hope things are improving and you have been able to move forward. Please let us know when you have time.
    Thanks,
    Hockeychik

• acountryfarm
    15 years ago

hockeychik --
    we are still working away, despite no GC involvement. Still have many of the same issues, lien from builder, bank being uncooperative.
    We are really just trying to do the right thing everyday. The bank still has the construction loan on hold (due to GC they put us with misdirecting funds) that means everything we are doing and have done for the last 3 months is coming out of our pocket.
    Our attorney is iffy at best. Its a huge mess of a situation. Since we are physically doing the work, not much time to get new attorney.

Bank comes out every week to breathe down our necks and tells US we are not moving fast enough. I kid you not, last week they said Dh was spending too much time on his tractor. WHAT? We were putting in grass in front part of house, what the heck? It is beyond stressful.
    On a positive note, our appraisal came in and it was higher than last year, woo-hoo.
    I have put in my 1/2 acre garden as I have done every summer for the last 3 years. We have already had many wonderful bar-b-ques. We are really trying to live the way we know God wants us too. It seems we have been through hell & back but I truly know this is so minuscule compared to what we have been through and what others live on a daily basis.

My heart really is to live right in any situation, not to let my situation determine how I live.
    So enough of my random musings for now.

I just had my scanner put to the right settings today, I needed a different driver. I will post floorplan tomorrow if you are still interested.
    Thanks for checking up on me, its definietely a bright spot coming here and talking to " Friends"

Kimberly

Original Author
    15 years ago

Kimberly,
    Yes, I would still love to see your floorplan if you have time.
    You sound like a very strong woman. I think I would just have a meltdown in your situation and they would have to call the men with the little white jacket for me:) I still can't believe so many things have gone wrong for your family. Are all the builders, banks and lawyers in your area in cahoots? I don't have any experience with building loans and such but it sure doesn't seem right. I think I would go to the local tv station to get some exposure. I'm sure they have some sort of "on your behalf" investigator/reporter that would be interested in your situation.
    It sounds like you and your family are working your tails off. When do you sleep? I'll pray that the tide will turn and you will get some good news and help for your situation.
    Hockeychik

• acountryfarm
    15 years ago

hockeychik --
    here they are, I also started a new post with them for the others who wanted to see them. Thanks for your nice comments. This forum certainly is a bright spot.

Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Kimberly

• rhome410
    15 years ago

I don't know how I missed when you posted the plan. It's genius! I absolutely love it...almost wish I hadn't seen it... ;-D

Thanks for sharing.

• acountryfarm
    15 years ago

rhome - Thank you! I am very anxious to start using it. Don't know when that will be, if ever.
    Hope to see you in Aug. I am still planning on bringing DD, are you?

• rhome410
    15 years ago

I hope to. It's a LONG way to drive for us, and lots of gas to use! DH is a teacher and the summer is getting away from us fast. But you and flyleft, especially, keep encouraging me, so I have it scheduled on our calendar. :-)