Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE dual fuel cafe help needed, please

Posted by beachlover2 (My Page) on
Mon, May 6, 13 at 14:37

Does anyone have the GE dual fuel model C25985SETSS range? I am looking at this and am concerned about the stainless stove top?
Anyone have experience with this? I love that it is free standing but yet looks like a slide in. I like that the large oven is on top and the smaller one on the bottom because I don't think I could lift the turkey from the bottom!!! All the reviews seem to be good with the exception of the stainless top is easy to scratch. Can anyone advise me on this? Thanks so much for taking the time to help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE dual fuel cafe help needed, please

I have a GE Cafe double oven range--it's all gas, but it has the same stainless steel top. We've had it installed for a little over a month and haven't had issues with scratching, but we have been careful not to scrub it with anything abrasive. One thing I wanted to mention, we had an issue with the install because the back of the range will not get totally flush with the back wall. The way it's designed, there is a small gap at the back, so it doesn't slide all the way in. We were able to minimize the gap by running the backsplash a few inches below the top of the range, but it's still apparent if you look closely.

o
RE: GE dual fuel cafe help needed, please

No issues with scratching here after 9 months. I'm getting a lot of discolored spots under and around the edges of the burners though so I need to figure out how to remove those.

I also went with the all gas version because I wanted the performance of a gas broiler, but the cooktop is the same.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here