Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suel41452

AnchorBayTile.com subway tile

suel41452
10 years ago

I called this company (Anchor Bay Tile) to ask about their 3 x 6 inch subway tile colors. Unfortunately, the man who talked to me was a bit rude when I asked him to describe the colors.
Maybe I was being like Myrna Loy in "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House" when she's telling the painters what colors she wants, lol.
Anyway, just wondering if anyone has had good or bad experiences with them?

Comments (11)

• PhoneLady
    9 years ago

I too am curious to hear from anyone ordering/installing subway tile from this company........anyone?

• PhoneLady
    9 years ago

Looks like their local showroom is in Tempe AZ so I'll probably take a ride over and report back. "Myrna" I'll provide a report - especially if I encounter the rude guy!

• suel41452
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oops - this is a separate issue I posted elsewhere on GW; I ordered 3 samples online & they asked for $4.50 postage. The postman said I owed $6 so I refused delivery.
    On a separate note, Home Depot has a beveled 3X6 inch tile called "pearl white" by Jeffrey Court that I plan to use. It's the exact bone color (it's NOT white) I've been looking for!! It's 4.99 a sq. ft. box of 8 tiles.

This post was edited by suel41452 on Thu, Jun 5, 14 at 13:35

• PhoneLady
    9 years ago

I am really happy you found something you love! Its not easy! I have to say there is a really weird vibe I get from the Anchor website. My job is to find the tile places and then hubby does the map thing to find out how to drive there. We do this ALL the time.....it's not rocket science! But every time he tries to map out their address, it pops up somewhere else in Tempe and sometimes the business name changes. So in addition to the fact they advertise some tiles I am very interested in seeing, my curiosity has the best of me so we really have to see it for ourselves.

• suel41452
    Original Author
    9 years ago

All I can say is I hope you have a better experience than I had! Steve told me today he never received the samples back and is not going to refund any of my money.

• PhoneLady
    9 years ago

Alas we lost interest in trying to find the elusive showroom. The address on their website brings you to a meandering residential street very close to ASU. Rather than waste more time, I tried to call the local phone number listed on the website to inquire about the cross streets......."the number you have dialed is no longer in service". Done. Moving on :)

• PhoneLady
    9 years ago

Removed. Duplicate

This post was edited by PhoneLady on Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 20:07

• suel41452
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the update, PhoneLady! That's very strange, indeed! I'll be interested in seeing what happens about my complaint I filed with Arizona BBB.

• gardenwebnewbie
    9 years ago

I ordered subway samples from them a while back, both beveled and flat. They were very thin. After having been on a subway search, acquiring many brands, theirs seemed thin and of a lesser quality to me.

• suel41452
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for that info, gardenwebnewbie!!
    By the way, Phonelady, Anchor Bay Tile finally agreed to a refund but claimed the box they mailed me (& I returned unopened) was empty!! Weird!!
    I found the tile I'd been looking for at Home Depot, a bone color by Jeffrey Court called "Pearl White" sold by the sq. ft. online only. It seems like a good tile to me.