Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Laurat88 -- question about your cabinets, please

Posted by kaysd (My Page) on
Wed, May 22, 13 at 14:26

Hi Laurat88, in another thread you posted that your cabinets are rift cut oak "with a custom stain of walnut/black/grey wash." Could you post photos please, or point me to another thread that already has photos?

We are planning for rift cut oak built-ins in our bedroom, and I would love to see pictures of your cabinets. We need to choose a stain color, and I want something that is grey, but with brown tones too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Laurat88 -- question about your cabinets, please

Laurat88, I too would like to see your cabinets. Rift cut oak is gorgeous and tentatively what I want in my new kitchen.

o

kaysd - I've been waiting very (im)patiently for your kitchen reveal. Can you give us an idea of when that might be??? I cannot wait to see your finished kitchen!

o

Sorry - Just saw this!

Here are some pictures.

Yes, it is rift oak with a walnut base stain and a grey/black wash. The cabinet finisher was like a cook mixing a little of this and a little of that. He gave me a few choices and I liked this the best. Will do a full reveal shortly. Painters are here today doing final touch up so we can move in tomorrow. Woohoo!!

photo DSC_2214_zps8f7d856d.jpg

photo DSC_2199_zpsc1eba228.jpg

Closer look at the grain.

photo DSC_1937_zps7d88aa74.jpg

photo DSC_1915_zpsd9ae876d.jpg

We have rift oak in the bathroom too, but with a lighter stain.

photo DSC_2223_zpsf40bd26a.jpg

This post was edited by laurat88 on Thu, Jun 6, 13 at 13:07

o

Laurat88, your kitchen is beautiful! I especially love the cabinets and the windows flanking the range hood.

Is that the Tech Lighting Kable Lite system? Does it provide good light? We are thinking of using that in our living room since we cannot have recessed lights.

o

Laura kitchen looks stunning!!! I would really like to know the name of those cabinet pulls. I am still without and really love yours.

o

ck_squared, DH and I can't wait to see the finished kitchen either! We have been dealing with some serious health and financial issues for both of my parents the last 3 months, so the remodel has been a low priority.

Kitchen still needs: hood, backsplash, appliance toe kicks, steam oven installion, French door stained or painted, Solyx film to obscure contents of pantry cabinets, finish light and outlet installation, painting touch ups and barstools. (At least the kitchen is close, the bathroom is still a gutted space.) I would post "nearly done" photos, but the paperwork for my parents' insurance claims and VA benefits is spread all over the island right now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here