Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sink size in base cabinet of 48

Posted by sarina (My Page) on
Mon, May 13, 13 at 14:25

Would it look strange to use the model of sink I have now in a 48 inch base. The size now is outside undermount 31 1/2 inches x 20 7/8 . Its is 7.5 inches deep. Its a Kohler they no longer make saw it on amazon though for 720.00 .Great price and I know I love the sink as I have it in this house. Also does anyone have that chart that says how deep a sink should be for your height . The bigger sinks on Kohler website that are double basin are all 9 inch plus deep. I am 5 ft 4.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sink size in base cabinet of 48

I currently have a standard 33" double sink in a 48" base. It doesn't necessarily look strange, but I don't consider a sink base to be very efficient storage, so in my remodel I went with a 30" sink base, and a smaller sink. That gave me 18" to use for drawers!

o

Yes this is a semi custom home so they have it laid out there way if it had been me I would of went with a smaller cab for sink base and used the space or something else indeed. I looked at a bit bigger sink and the price at Ferguson is not bad or Kohler. Hubby also saw some new sink from Kohler with a lower divide in middle he thought sounded good I have to look at that not sure about that concept.

o

32" sink in a 48" base cabinet will look fine. The extra counter space on the sides will be handy for prep work. Is there any reason you are going with a Kohler sink? I know many people prefer big brand sinks, but nowadays even the Kohler and Elkay sinks are made in China. Many people here have been very happy with Kraus and Ruvati sinks. You will be paying almost half the price. Kraus and Ruvati are almost all 16 gauge stainless steel (the thickest steel available for residential kitchen sinks). I myself have a Ruvati sink that I am very happy with, and everyone who visits our kitchen compliment us on it. It has excellent soundproofing and the brushed finish looks very good. It also came with a bunch of extras including a bottom grid that protects the sink from scratches. Overstock.com is a good place to buy your kitchen sink, especially for their return policy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Overstock

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here