Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opions wanted Kitchen Peninsula end cap

Posted by pinkhouse2011 (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 14:25

I need input on how to finish off the end of my peninsula.

The peninsula is 73" Long I have a 24"wide by 12" deep cabinet at the far left. There is 48" for two stools.

Should I run an end cap a full 36"deep along the end or leave it open by using only a 24" end panel ?

attached is an image with a 36" end panel.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opions wanted Kitchen Peninsula end cap

Opinions Please. :)

o

I think I like the end panel b/c of the cabinet on the other end. If there was no cabinet, I'd say just have the overhang. What about a pretty leg? Would it smoosh the seating area too much?

o

I am worried about smooshed seating with the full end panel.

Attached is a picture of NessaB kitchen with just an over hang.

o

I went through a similar issue with my island overhang. I'll link the thread I started asking for opinions below so you can see some examples and discussion. I ended up forgoing an end panel or leg so as not to cramp the stool space. 48" for two stools can be a little tight. I ended up with 53", taking into account the side overhang, for my two stools, and I'm very glad I didn't close in the area, especially with two young kids shoving the stools around getting in and out.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread with pics and discussion

o

Thank you that was very helpful.

o

I'm not sure I have an opinion but I will have a similar decision to make. I just saw this pic on Houzz thought Id share it so you can visualize the end option...

Breezy, I just read through your old thread....so, have your kids ever bumped heads? Are you glad you went naked?

o

If the counter (stone) is left "naked" how would it be supported? The overhang would be aprox. 13x48

o

I'd be worried about the smoosh factor also and would do it like NessaB's

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here