Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amysrq

Farrow & Ball Mizzle!

amysrq
12 years ago

I have painted my kitchen and breakfast room walls with F&B Mizzle. Very yummy color! Next is the bank of uppers over the sink, which will probably get F&B Stony Ground, inspired by Rococogurl, and a near-perfect match for the Pratt & Larson backsplash tile.

This last shot is a little rough...I haven't put the room back together yet.

Comments (13)

• francoise47
    12 years ago

Dear Amysrq,

It is so fun to see the new F & B color Mizzle "live" in your kitchen and eating area. It, and your kitchen, are lovely. I look forward to seeing more pictures of your renovation.

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

Oops. I just realized that I really don't know what the word means so I apologize if it's a dirty word! I liked the rythme.

• lisa_a
    12 years ago

Love the color but what I really want to ask about is your window and door molding. Is this original to the house or something you created? It looks like a combination of craftsman and traditional, which I think would work great in my house. Any info you're willing to share would be appreciated. TIA!

• amysrq
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Francoise!

Breezy, I think that is a perfectly acceptable (and damn funny) substitute!

Lisa A, the trim was something my builder cooked up and my husband liked. I would probably have gone simpler and I can tell you, the flat top of the baseboard is a dust magnet. I dream of adding some kind of extra piece to soften it. I asked for the top cap (or whatever you'd call it.) It looked incomplete without it. I also ended up with a more detailed plinth block which I really dislike. If I haddabagacash hanging around, I'd probably hire a carpenter with a crowbar. :-)

• User
    12 years ago

amysrq-

Looks great, love the Mizzle and the tile, beautiful choices, they work very well with your cabs.

Did the tile solve your right of the hood look/feel dilemma?

sandyponder

• rococogurl
    12 years ago

Amy, the Mizzle looks great. It's a terrific color. Sort of like the green counterpart of Blackened.

Can't wait to see the SG on your uppers. It's a match to my "Glossy Fog" Barbara Barry tile as well. I cannot tell you how much I am loving this color (almost repainted the bedroom with it as well) and hope you will too.

• lisa_a
    12 years ago

Thanks, Amy! And good to know about the dust magnet catching ability of the molding.

• amysrq
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey Sandy, I think that painting the uppers is what's going to finally "fix" it. But it may start me down the slippery slope of painting the rest of the cabinetry. My husband will be delighted. Gotta say though, it has taken me this long to get this far and my business is picking up, so it may never happen (the rest of the kitchen, that is...those dark uppers have Gotta Go!)

Thanks Rococo! It is going to take a lot for me to hit those doors with sandpaper...feels like a very big step. I will keep looking at your kitchen as inspiration! Tell me something...did you use F&B primer? I have a can of 1-2-3 and would love to just use that.

Lisa, if you come up with a way to add something appropriate to the baseboards, please send me an email. Details like millwork are not my forte.

• rococogurl
    12 years ago

Yes, they used F&B primer for the cabinets. I insisted as I didn't want any issues later on. It's held up really well and I had a few tiny places to touch up recently and that doesn't show.

U ever get a new faucet?

• amysrq
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good to know, thanks!

I never did get a faucet. Was kind of hoping my husband would kind of "forget" he hated the Grohe. Well, just a few days ago, he started in on it again! So, I think I will get the KWC Divo Arco, even if it isn't quite up to the manufacturing standards of your model.

I know you said if I shopped hard I could find a deal. Best price is 504 from Quality Bath. Any other ideas?

• rococogurl
    12 years ago

Ideas about other faucets or places to look?

• amysrq
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I was thinking places to look. I don't really want to rethink the product choice unless you think I can do better for my money. The Divo Arco has the right physical specs to solve my splashing problem (I hope) and I find the style acceptable....just rather plain.