Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kmg67_gw

What To Put Above Hood

kmg67
9 years ago

Hi,
Will be starting a kitchen renovation in a couple of weeks and am just finalizing our cabinet order.I'll try to attach a picture later once I get it but my design includes an under cabinet hood that is 10" high. (36" width) with an 18" cabinet above. I'd really like a stainless hood that is 18" high but not sure what to put on top of it. We're going with 39" high wall cabinets so that does not leave a lot of options as far as an over the hood cabinet is concerned since I want around 30" between bottom of hood and induction cooktop and I would like whatever is on top of hood to be flush with the wall cabinets that flank it. That only leaves about 9" to fill above the hood. What other options do I have to put above the hood? I do like the stainless flue you can buy with this Broan but it is 12" and would be taller than the wall cabinets on either side of it - http://www.ajmadison.com/ajmadison/images/large/E60000-l.jpg. We do have the option of going with 42" wall cabinets but I think they would be little too imposing for the room.

I'm not really crazy about a chimney style hood as we have vaulted ceilings that slope both upwards and to the side so not even sure how the chminey would terminate. Not to mention that I would really like a hood that is 24" deep and I do not see a lot of chimney hoods that deep.

Any other ideas?