Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what color grout?

Posted by elizabeth714 (My Page) on
Tue, May 13, 14 at 14:00

just need confirmation that a grout that matches the tile is the way to go. i don't want white (which would be a contrast), black, or gray. so the off white is what to choose, right? i don't think much grout will show anyway.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what color grout?

I don't think there is a right answer in this case. It is what you like. But also FYI, as I posted in another thread, in the case of two tile jobs in my house, I wish I had gone darker for both since in both cases, the grout dried quite a bit lighter and "stood out" more than I wanted.
Probably different from your case here, since both my tile jobs were dark colored tiles.
Good luck.

p.s. I am a newbie and have no designer experience ...

o

It really depends on the look you want. I used white subway tile in my master bath and kitchen, but wanted slightly different looks, so used different grout.

In the master bath, I used "Snow White" grout for a more seamless look:

photo DC64F82A-9002-4445-83E7-08272FE4F824_zpspuwvfsvv.jpg

In kitchen, I used "Oyster Gray" for a bit more contrast:

photo 492C74D6-4D76-4FED-9F9D-2FC3E932D702_zpssu5xgll3.jpg

o

love them both, mommytoty! and i'm so grateful for you posting both. i think for my kitchen, i'd like the seamless look.

o

Elizabeth
Go for the matching grout!
Beautiful tile and kitchen

o

Here's mine, with a closely matching grout color (alabaster?)

You see the pattern of the tiles, but it's a very uniform, inconspicuous look. A darker grout would have looked more like the untiled bit to the right

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here