Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question About Using the Living Social Deal at AJ Madison

Posted by marcia59 (My Page) on
Mon, May 27, 13 at 13:57

I talked to one of the sales people at AJ Madison who said that when you use the Living Social deal, you lose all their sale prices and discounts, so if your appliance has that 10% today offer, you lose that. If it's got the "lower price in cart" discount, you lose that. Memorial Day (and presumably other special sale) prices don't apply.

But I'm pretty sure someone here said they used the LS deal and got the AJ Madison discounts.

So, for those of you who have actually used the deal, what's your experience?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question About Using the Living Social Deal at AJ Madison

I haven't redeemed mine yet, but I think the $250 savings is better than 10% off unless you are buying something really expensive.

Also, one could easily split their purchase by using the $500 voucher on one transaction, then do a separate purchase for other things they need where they can get a sale or 10% discount.

o

Is there anything in the fine print to that effect?

o

I got the lower price when I bought my range hood yesterday (so excited!). The hood was listed at 549 but I got it for 494 in my cart. I had to pay the shipping of 99 dollars, but nothing else.

o

The shipping charge should DEFINITELY be waived for items that qualify for free ship under the Memorial Day sale. There is nothing in the fine print excluding it.

o

Remember that unless you are one of those who gets the whole discount for free, you paid $250 for the privilege of buying something at regular price. Don't forget to add that $250 back to the equation. You're really only getting $250 off when it comes down to it. That might be a good deal for a DW or other appliance less than $2500, but for a fridge or stove that's higher priced, it's probably cheaper to just get the sale price.

o

And the deal is over. When I called today to inquire about my order, not only were they extremely rude to me, they actually hung up on me! :-o The rep also stated that they pulled the LS deal because so many customers were wanting the free shipping that had been advertised for Memorial Day and/or the free shipping that would come standard on their items. Of course people wanted it--AJ Madison advertised it! (FYI I could not get the FS that is always offered on my item- they actually tacked on an extra $99 to the $3,000 range I was purchasing.)

Overall I'm disappointed in their service and will not do business with them in the future.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here