Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Three different types of hardware in a small kitchen?

Posted by geomeg (My Page) on
Mon, May 13, 13 at 13:55

I've chosen knobs for my cabinet doors and cup pulls for the one stack of drawers we have . We have one tall pantry that is 90" tall and 17" wide with 3 doors.
I'm debating wether to put knobs on the doors of the pantry or use a pull similar to the Aubrey by RH.
The kitchen is small so would this look odd, having 3 types of hardware?
The finish wound all be the same, brushed nickle.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Three different types of hardware in a small kitchen?

Part of my decision process would be how easy the pantry doors would be to open with either the knob or cup pull you have chosen. If they are heavy because they are backed with shelves or pull out, I would use a pull if I thought it functioned better. A lot of people end up using a third type or size of pull on paneled appliances and DW because they are harder to open.

If not, I might use the knob for simplicity's sake. But it wouldn't be incorrect to use a pull if that works better, particularly in a coordinating finish.

o
RE: Three different types of hardware in a small kitchen?

I remember your kitchen. geomeg. I agree with palimpsest. If a third type of pull works better, use it. I don't think it will be odd or too busy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here