Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Full Kitchen Reveal...lots of pictures!

Posted by bowyer123 (My Page) on
Wed, May 22, 13 at 13:54

Hello~I thought I'd go ahead and post the pictures to of our kitchen. This is new construction and we moved in back in early March. We planned this build before I found this amazing site. Knowing what I know now from reading the posts here on GW, I would have made a few changes, but we are very pleased overall. (Some of you may have seen it when I showed my BS last week, so sorry if this is redundant).

The kitchen measures approximately 21' wide X 15' deep. The ceilings are 10' tall. Cabinets are custom built. I hope you enjoy and feel free to ask any questions you may have, and thank you for answering mine as we progressed.

The island is 9'-2" x 4'-8" The granite, which we love is delicatus juparana.

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen064_zps7cb69bb6.jpg

Another view

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen063_zpsdcc923d5.jpg

The floors are site-finished quarter and rift-sawn white oak stained in 'spice' color, I forget the manufacturer. The distance between the cook top and sink is wider than what is usually preferred, but we love it...lots of room to maneuver and great for entertaining a crowd. It's 56" wide.

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen058_zps9299b4cf.jpg

We went with the 'package' of Thermador appliances. Dual Topaz dishwasher (LOVE having 2 of them!) and a 33" Krauss single-bowl SS sink. I need to find better outlet covers, ones not so wide, and possibly not white...looks a bit odd.

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen053_zpse7bd4948.jpg

Alsoi went with a Krauss faucet. I love it, my wife thinks it is a bit too large. For the price, $300, I feel it is a good deal and looks fine. We wanted something to stand out and give some height on the island. The Waterstone we liked was just too much money, maybe we will get something different down the road. The soap dispenser needs to be longer, and this one leaks....so 0 stars for it! Also, there are drawers inside the two sets of doors on either side of the cook top. Looking back, I wish we had just used regular drawers, but we may elect to do that in the future.

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen049_zps0dc6c602.jpg

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen047_zps1aef928a.jpg

The double ovens work great and are accurate with the temperatures, I have used 2 thermometers to verify this. The microwave is huge inside, but a handle would be better...there are constantly fingerprints all over it...having 4 kids doesn't help!

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen046_zps720a8917.jpg

Storage on both ends of the island and the back as well...we like it! No knobs on either side, we don't want to 'catch' them as we walk by.

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen042_zps9395858f.jpg

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen041_zps0c58fd4d.jpg

Different pulls up high for the small glass-fronts

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen045_zpsc166b963.jpg

A good look at the granite island

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen040_zps18ed4a65.jpg

3 x 6 Henry tile is bone finish...color is off in picture, but we like this tile

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen039-Copy_zps6df98f07.jpg

A look at the BS. 36" Thermador cook top. PS...that is a Lodge griddle/grill, we love it and it gets used nearly every day. Best $45 dollars spent in a long time. 600cfm hood from Thermador.

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen035_zpse32e4cc1.jpg

42" Thermador fridge, no in-door ice, we have another fridge in our nearby laundry room. Again, very happy with this refrigerator.

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen043_zps8f8bcbaa.jpg

A few more...just for fun!

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen056_zps86f64aa0.jpg

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen057_zps4542295e.jpg

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen061_zpscf941a6b.jpg

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen054_zps3ab087e8.jpg

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen044_zpsbd16bd2f.jpg

photo MaryClaireProgramkitchen037_zpscb7024b7.jpg

I hope this helps someone, and I figured I'd get some pictures while it was relatively clean! Have a great day!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Full Kitchen Reveal...lots of pictures!

Fabulous! I love the granite, the floors are just exquisite! And with 4 kids, you sure need 2 dishwashers :-)

Enjoy your gorgeous kitchen!

o

Wow wow wow! I got to see glimpses of your granite in earlier posts, but how exciting to see pics of the entire space. It is beautiful, and I am sure you enjoy it!

o

It's beautiful! Enjoy!!!

o

Congratulations on designing such a beautiful kitchen! Your choices are stunning and I'm sure you'll love it for years and years to come!

o

Really beautiful kitchen! The granite is especially unique. Love it.

Love seeing the Thermador appliances in a space. We are going with the same fridge and rangetop, slightly different double ovens and the drawer micro. They look great in your space!

Enjoy your new house!

o

What color are the cabinets? In some of the photos they look creamy and in some white. Your kitchen is dreamlike in its beauty.

o

Simply gorgeous! The scale of everything is grand but not obnoxious and the finishes are stunning. The granite in particular is really a show stopper. I love your floors as well. I lust after having as much storage as you do. Really a phenomenal kitchen. Congratulations!

o

That is exquisite! LOVE the granite! And I'm so jealous of your high ceilings and double-stacked cabinets. Gorgeous!

o

love your kitchen!!!!!!! i wish i can take it and just put it in my house - i wouldnt change a thing :)

o

Beautiful! Every single item is just lovely, and the granite is stunning!

o

I love your kitchen - it's just gorgeous!! And your granite is amazing.

May I ask where the barstools are from? I am on the hunt for some and these look terrific...thanks!

o

Really amazing! I love the floors and the granite, especially. Beautiful job.

o

It's absolutely stunning and elegant! Each element is beautiful on its own and together they are spectacular. The chandeliers over the gorgeous granite are perfect. Congratulations!

o

What a beautiful, elegant space! Your counters are amazing -- I would just stare at those for hours if they were mine.

o

That is a great entertaining kitchen! Love so many elements. The glass front cabinets are beautiful and will actually hold items! Just gorgeous. When's the next party?

o

So beautiful. I wish my glass upper cabinets were that large. Mine have about 9" height inside. I love all the space in your island too. So happy for you. Now celebrate. Have a party and use every single appliance you have. Peke

o

Absolutely beautiful! I especially love the glass mullioned upper cabinets and the wonderful granite. Great job, congratulations and enjoy!!

o

oooooooooooooh! so pretty! wonderful job!

o

Beautiful kitchen! Love the countertops. How did you do your lighting in your upper cabinets and what are the measurements of your two sets of uppers if you don't mind. :)

o

Oh my goodness! Jaw dropping, Devastatingly beautiful! The granite is just sheer gorgeousness. Love your choices across the board.
Congratulations on creating such an inviting and stunning kitchen. May you enjoy many many happy meals there!

o

Just love your chandeliers. Who are they made by? My kitchen is much smaller. I chose pretty, crystal pendants. I now need to choose a chandelier for over the table and concerned that crystal there will be a nightmare.

o

I just can't get beyond how beautiful your granite it. LOVE it!

o

Gorgeous kitchen!

o

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. I'm usually not a huge fan of white kitchens, but this is a show stopper! Great job!

o

That granite is amazing! Love the floors too. Your kitchen looks great, very classy, yet a bit casual. Love it!

o

It is a beautiful kitchen. I love the backsplash/granite combination!

o

Congratulations. Just lovely. Love the double stack cabinets and am jealous of the chandeliers. (Sigh, I was put under a "no dangly sparklies" restriction on the kitchen lighting)

o

Beautiful. Elegant. Traditional. I love your kitchen.

o

Totally gorgeous, congratulations!

o

Well Done! The kitchen is divine...and that slab is stunning! Thank you for adding the dimensions of the island. Your room is so spacious I'm sure its a joy to work there. Thanks also for the grill tip!

o

I love how the apron sink looks between the two dishwashers. That granite is incredibly beautiful! Great find.

o

Oh my! Absolutely stunning! What a big kitchen---You must dance in delight every time you go in there. Lovely.

o

Very nice job--stunning granite! Wow!

o

I would also like to know what color are the cabinets. Also, how do you open the end cabinets on the island -- are there any hidden knobs/pulls?

o

Whoa, that is just gorgeous! I love how all the individually fabulous elements work so well together! It's even more than the sum of its parts, adds up to one of GW's nicest kitchens. May you enjoy for years to come! Congratulations on such a wonderful job.

o

WOW!!!! Amazingly beautiful kitchen-I adore the faucet-I am going to getting the same or similar one, mixing it into a very traditional kitchen. :) Nice job.

o

Absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful job. What wonderful space you have!

o

Stunning kitchen! Great job!

o

Thank you for all of the nice comments. We really love it and it works well and 'cooks' great for me...and I cook everyday. We are also the designated family gathering house, every Sunday we seem to have at least 5-15 guests over. My MIL has actually announced Thanksgiving dinner will be here instead of her house! I can't wait, we love entertaining.

To answer some of the questions...

The cabinet color is definitely not 'white,' is is slightly creamy...just a hint of yellow. I will try to get the color from the cabinet maker, but I think it was a custom mixed color. My photos don't convey the exact color too well...but definitely creamy, very slightly yellowish

The bar stools came from Stash...here is a link, although these look very slightly different than what I have, but are close.

http://www.stashhome.com/shop/detail/ford-stool-w-o-back

The lower-upper cabinets doors are 33" tall and the upper doors are 23". This is just the doors themselves, not including the crown molding or the frames.

The side doors on the island usually stay closed, and there are no pulls. We just grab the top of the door to open them. It's really just long-term storage for rarely used items and they don't get opened much.

The mini chandeliers are at this link..

http://magnolialighting.xolights.com/Brand-feiss/four-light-bronze-up-chandelier/f1904-4mbz/SKU-8DHM?callingPage=CatalogBrowse&ut=W

The under counter lights are hard wired, linkable xenon bars and in the glass fronted cabinets, they are hard wired xenon mini 'puck' lights. Both are dimmable, but we don't have dimmers installed...yet.

Thanks again, you all are so kind.

Here is a link that might be useful: Island chandelier

This post was edited by bowyer123 on Thu, May 23, 13 at 15:29

o

I had trouble with the links....here is the link to the bar stools, hope it works

Here is a link that might be useful: bar stools

o

Your kitchen is really pitch-perfect. The scale of everything is just right for your space and layout. Your finishes are luxurious without being too much. It has a very serene, beautiful feel. Congratulations!

o

Just lovely. Love the granite and range top.

o

Fantastic kitchen. The faucet is fabulous. OK, now I know which faucet to buy :) Thanks!

o

I have to admit, when I first looked at the granite, I thought - what was she thinking? But then I looked again, and again, and again, and..... I love it! I wish I could envision what something so bold would look like. I usually just chicken out and go with something safe and boring. What a beautiful, beautiful kitchen.

o

Congrats! What a lovely kitchen. The granite and the lighting are both so dramatic and elegant. Enjoy your new space.

o

Love everything about your new kitchen. It is classy, elegant, dramatic and oh so spacious yet it is still warm and inviting. Congratulations on a job well done.

o

So lovely!
I'm not a granite fan, but yours caught my attention. Very different and dramatic.
I also, as all do, love your floors. What herilooms you have here! :)

Enjoy everything!

o

Your kitchen is stunning! I love it! I just saw similar bar stools on sale this weekend at Arhaus. It sounds like you have a fabulous family for this amazing kitchen. Enjoy!

o

Gorgeous! Love the granite. We are doing glass front doors up top also with lights. Hope they look as good as yours.

o

Wow, this is just gorgeous! What a fabulous space, congrats! LOVE the granite.

o

I am in love with your kitchen! I especially love your gorgeous delicatus juparana granite! I love the creamy white cabinets and the hardware chosen. I adore your floors! What width are they? I love the appliances chosen, the light fixtures, the backsplash, the bare stools, having two windows in the kitchen and most of all how light, airy, welcoming and beautiful your kitchen turned out. If I had a kitchen like that, I would take cooking lessons to use my kitchen as much as possible. Thank you so much for sharing.

o

This is a gorgeous kitchen and a great inspiration. I adore the cabinet colour and floors too.

I am glad to hear you are enjoying the two DWs. We are also putting in two dishwashers and are trying to work out their placements in the kitchen. Can I ask where you store your dishes and how easy it is to unload your dishwashers into the dish storage areas? Any tips at all on designing a kitchen with two DWs would be very appreciated. (perhaps you might consider looking at my post entitled: "Layout down to the nitty gritty and commenting on the placement of the two DWs).

Enjoy your new wonderful kitchen!

Carol

o

Wow! gorgeous, look at all that storage so jealous! can you tell me your kitchen's dimensions? I especially love your granite. Love all your choices actually, what a terrific space.

o

Swoon - love your granite and backsplash combo. You are so lucky to have that ceiling height. The faucet looks great and not too large because you have the ceiling height. I wanted a similar faucet in my island but it was too large for my space with 9.5 ft high ceilings.
Enjoy, MJ

o

Oh wow, your kitchen is fabulous! Cant believe it was done mostly before you found GW!! You're a natural!

o

most granite doesn't stop me in my tracks...but your's is amazing!!

o

most granite doesn't stop me in my tracks...but your's is amazing!!

o

I have been chomping at the bit to see this on my computer. My little iphone didn't do it justice. Wow- it is absolutely gorgeous! Your granite is awesome!
Now, we need to see how you fill those cabinets and a KAW picture or two with the recipe.
Congratulations!!

o

I like your cabinets. how are they for showing dirt? We had pure white cabinets in our last house and they had to be cleaned every day or else look dirty. I really like white cabinets but with 3 kids, I can't clean cabinets every day and the dirt bothered me so I was wondering if glazed white cabinets showed less dirt??

o

My Oh my! Drop dead gorgeous! Each element works so well individually and together.

o

Bowyer123, I am in love with everything about your kitchen from the gorgeous granite counters, beautiful floors, gorgeous cabinets, great lighting, etc. Thank you for haring.

o
P.S. RE: Full Kitchen Reveal...lots of pictures!

What is the finish of the paint on your custom cabinets? Satin or Semi-Gloss. Did you end up finding out the white paint used and the glaze used? Your kitchen is so beautiful! The love the way the highlighting looks with your pretty drawers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here