Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bowyer123

Full Kitchen Reveal...lots of pictures!

bowyer123
10 years ago

Hello~I thought I'd go ahead and post the pictures to of our kitchen. This is new construction and we moved in back in early March. We planned this build before I found this amazing site. Knowing what I know now from reading the posts here on GW, I would have made a few changes, but we are very pleased overall. (Some of you may have seen it when I showed my BS last week, so sorry if this is redundant).

The kitchen measures approximately 21' wide X 15' deep. The ceilings are 10' tall. Cabinets are custom built. I hope you enjoy and feel free to ask any questions you may have, and thank you for answering mine as we progressed.

The island is 9'-2" x 4'-8" The granite, which we love is delicatus juparana.

Another view

The floors are site-finished quarter and rift-sawn white oak stained in 'spice' color, I forget the manufacturer. The distance between the cook top and sink is wider than what is usually preferred, but we love it...lots of room to maneuver and great for entertaining a crowd. It's 56" wide.

We went with the 'package' of Thermador appliances. Dual Topaz dishwasher (LOVE having 2 of them!) and a 33" Krauss single-bowl SS sink. I need to find better outlet covers, ones not so wide, and possibly not white...looks a bit odd.

Alsoi went with a Krauss faucet. I love it, my wife thinks it is a bit too large. For the price, $300, I feel it is a good deal and looks fine. We wanted something to stand out and give some height on the island. The Waterstone we liked was just too much money, maybe we will get something different down the road. The soap dispenser needs to be longer, and this one leaks....so 0 stars for it! Also, there are drawers inside the two sets of doors on either side of the cook top. Looking back, I wish we had just used regular drawers, but we may elect to do that in the future.

The double ovens work great and are accurate with the temperatures, I have used 2 thermometers to verify this. The microwave is huge inside, but a handle would be better...there are constantly fingerprints all over it...having 4 kids doesn't help!

Storage on both ends of the island and the back as well...we like it! No knobs on either side, we don't want to 'catch' them as we walk by.

Different pulls up high for the small glass-fronts

A good look at the granite island

3 x 6 Henry tile is bone finish...color is off in picture, but we like this tile

A look at the BS. 36" Thermador cook top. PS...that is a Lodge griddle/grill, we love it and it gets used nearly every day. Best $45 dollars spent in a long time. 600cfm hood from Thermador.

42" Thermador fridge, no in-door ice, we have another fridge in our nearby laundry room. Again, very happy with this refrigerator.

A few more...just for fun!

I hope this helps someone, and I figured I'd get some pictures while it was relatively clean! Have a great day!

Comments (62)

• treasuretheday
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

It's absolutely stunning and elegant! Each element is beautiful on its own and together they are spectacular. The chandeliers over the gorgeous granite are perfect. Congratulations!

• kaysd
    10 years ago

What a beautiful, elegant space! Your counters are amazing -- I would just stare at those for hours if they were mine.

• motherof3sons
    10 years ago

That is a great entertaining kitchen! Love so many elements. The glass front cabinets are beautiful and will actually hold items! Just gorgeous. When's the next party?

• Peke
    10 years ago

So beautiful. I wish my glass upper cabinets were that large. Mine have about 9" height inside. I love all the space in your island too. So happy for you. Now celebrate. Have a party and use every single appliance you have. Peke

• taggie
    10 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! I especially love the glass mullioned upper cabinets and the wonderful granite. Great job, congratulations and enjoy!!

• carsonheim
    10 years ago

oooooooooooooh! so pretty! wonderful job!

• kam76
    10 years ago

Beautiful kitchen! Love the countertops. How did you do your lighting in your upper cabinets and what are the measurements of your two sets of uppers if you don't mind. :)

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

Oh my goodness! Jaw dropping, Devastatingly beautiful! The granite is just sheer gorgeousness. Love your choices across the board.
    Congratulations on creating such an inviting and stunning kitchen. May you enjoy many many happy meals there!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Just love your chandeliers. Who are they made by? My kitchen is much smaller. I chose pretty, crystal pendants. I now need to choose a chandelier for over the table and concerned that crystal there will be a nightmare.

• remodelfla
    10 years ago

I just can't get beyond how beautiful your granite it. LOVE it!

• blondiesc
    10 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen!

• mark_rachel
    10 years ago

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. I'm usually not a huge fan of white kitchens, but this is a show stopper! Great job!

• williamsem
    10 years ago

That granite is amazing! Love the floors too. Your kitchen looks great, very classy, yet a bit casual. Love it!

• rkb21
    10 years ago

It is a beautiful kitchen. I love the backsplash/granite combination!

• Gooster
    10 years ago

Congratulations. Just lovely. Love the double stack cabinets and am jealous of the chandeliers. (Sigh, I was put under a "no dangly sparklies" restriction on the kitchen lighting)

• Liz
    10 years ago

Beautiful. Elegant. Traditional. I love your kitchen.

• kksmama
    10 years ago

Totally gorgeous, congratulations!

• ppbenn
    10 years ago

Well Done! The kitchen is divine...and that slab is stunning! Thank you for adding the dimensions of the island. Your room is so spacious I'm sure its a joy to work there. Thanks also for the grill tip!

• texaspenny
    10 years ago

I love how the apron sink looks between the two dishwashers. That granite is incredibly beautiful! Great find.

• heidihausfrau
    10 years ago

Oh my! Absolutely stunning! What a big kitchen---You must dance in delight every time you go in there. Lovely.

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Very nice job--stunning granite! Wow!

• Linda
    10 years ago

I would also like to know what color are the cabinets. Also, how do you open the end cabinets on the island -- are there any hidden knobs/pulls?

• smiling
    10 years ago

Whoa, that is just gorgeous! I love how all the individually fabulous elements work so well together! It's even more than the sum of its parts, adds up to one of GW's nicest kitchens. May you enjoy for years to come! Congratulations on such a wonderful job.

• heidia
    10 years ago

WOW!!!! Amazingly beautiful kitchen-I adore the faucet-I am going to getting the same or similar one, mixing it into a very traditional kitchen. :) Nice job.

• Debbi Branka
    10 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful job. What wonderful space you have!

• Denitza Kotov
    10 years ago

Stunning kitchen! Great job!

• bowyer123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for all of the nice comments. We really love it and it works well and 'cooks' great for me...and I cook everyday. We are also the designated family gathering house, every Sunday we seem to have at least 5-15 guests over. My MIL has actually announced Thanksgiving dinner will be here instead of her house! I can't wait, we love entertaining.

To answer some of the questions...

The cabinet color is definitely not 'white,' is is slightly creamy...just a hint of yellow. I will try to get the color from the cabinet maker, but I think it was a custom mixed color. My photos don't convey the exact color too well...but definitely creamy, very slightly yellowish

The bar stools came from Stash...here is a link, although these look very slightly different than what I have, but are close.

http://www.stashhome.com/shop/detail/ford-stool-w-o-back

The lower-upper cabinets doors are 33" tall and the upper doors are 23". This is just the doors themselves, not including the crown molding or the frames.

The side doors on the island usually stay closed, and there are no pulls. We just grab the top of the door to open them. It's really just long-term storage for rarely used items and they don't get opened much.

The mini chandeliers are at this link..

http://magnolialighting.xolights.com/Brand-feiss/four-light-bronze-up-chandelier/f1904-4mbz/SKU-8DHM?callingPage=CatalogBrowse&ut=W

The under counter lights are hard wired, linkable xenon bars and in the glass fronted cabinets, they are hard wired xenon mini 'puck' lights. Both are dimmable, but we don't have dimmers installed...yet.

Thanks again, you all are so kind.

Here is a link that might be useful: Island chandelier

This post was edited by bowyer123 on Thu, May 23, 13 at 15:29

• bowyer123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I had trouble with the links....here is the link to the bar stools, hope it works

Here is a link that might be useful: bar stools

• rosylady
    10 years ago

Your kitchen is really pitch-perfect. The scale of everything is just right for your space and layout. Your finishes are luxurious without being too much. It has a very serene, beautiful feel. Congratulations!

• LoPay
    10 years ago

Just lovely. Love the granite and range top.

• Mrs_Nyefnyef
    10 years ago

Fantastic kitchen. The faucet is fabulous. OK, now I know which faucet to buy :) Thanks!

• oasisowner
    10 years ago

I have to admit, when I first looked at the granite, I thought - what was she thinking? But then I looked again, and again, and again, and..... I love it! I wish I could envision what something so bold would look like. I usually just chicken out and go with something safe and boring. What a beautiful, beautiful kitchen.

• stealthecrumbs
    10 years ago

Congrats! What a lovely kitchen. The granite and the lighting are both so dramatic and elegant. Enjoy your new space.

• badgergal
    10 years ago

Love everything about your new kitchen. It is classy, elegant, dramatic and oh so spacious yet it is still warm and inviting. Congratulations on a job well done.

• CEFreeman
    10 years ago

So lovely!
    I'm not a granite fan, but yours caught my attention. Very different and dramatic.
    I also, as all do, love your floors. What herilooms you have here! :)

Enjoy everything!

• JoanLast
    10 years ago

Your kitchen is stunning! I love it! I just saw similar bar stools on sale this weekend at Arhaus. It sounds like you have a fabulous family for this amazing kitchen. Enjoy!

• Terri
    10 years ago

Gorgeous! Love the granite. We are doing glass front doors up top also with lights. Hope they look as good as yours.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Wow, this is just gorgeous! What a fabulous space, congrats! LOVE the granite.

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

I am in love with your kitchen! I especially love your gorgeous delicatus juparana granite! I love the creamy white cabinets and the hardware chosen. I adore your floors! What width are they? I love the appliances chosen, the light fixtures, the backsplash, the bare stools, having two windows in the kitchen and most of all how light, airy, welcoming and beautiful your kitchen turned out. If I had a kitchen like that, I would take cooking lessons to use my kitchen as much as possible. Thank you so much for sharing.

• ontariomom
    10 years ago

This is a gorgeous kitchen and a great inspiration. I adore the cabinet colour and floors too.

I am glad to hear you are enjoying the two DWs. We are also putting in two dishwashers and are trying to work out their placements in the kitchen. Can I ask where you store your dishes and how easy it is to unload your dishwashers into the dish storage areas? Any tips at all on designing a kitchen with two DWs would be very appreciated. (perhaps you might consider looking at my post entitled: "Layout down to the nitty gritty and commenting on the placement of the two DWs).

Enjoy your new wonderful kitchen!

Carol

• ratrem
    10 years ago

Wow! gorgeous, look at all that storage so jealous! can you tell me your kitchen's dimensions? I especially love your granite. Love all your choices actually, what a terrific space.

• mjocean
    10 years ago

Swoon - love your granite and backsplash combo. You are so lucky to have that ceiling height. The faucet looks great and not too large because you have the ceiling height. I wanted a similar faucet in my island but it was too large for my space with 9.5 ft high ceilings.
    Enjoy, MJ

• homebuyer23
    10 years ago

Oh wow, your kitchen is fabulous! Cant believe it was done mostly before you found GW!! You're a natural!

• carp123
    10 years ago

most granite doesn't stop me in my tracks...but your's is amazing!!

• carp123
    10 years ago

most granite doesn't stop me in my tracks...but your's is amazing!!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

I have been chomping at the bit to see this on my computer. My little iphone didn't do it justice. Wow- it is absolutely gorgeous! Your granite is awesome!
    Now, we need to see how you fill those cabinets and a KAW picture or two with the recipe.
    Congratulations!!

• tulips33
    10 years ago

I like your cabinets. how are they for showing dirt? We had pure white cabinets in our last house and they had to be cleaned every day or else look dirty. I really like white cabinets but with 3 kids, I can't clean cabinets every day and the dirt bothered me so I was wondering if glazed white cabinets showed less dirt??

• vdinli
    10 years ago

My Oh my! Drop dead gorgeous! Each element works so well individually and together.

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Bowyer123, I am in love with everything about your kitchen from the gorgeous granite counters, beautiful floors, gorgeous cabinets, great lighting, etc. Thank you for haring.

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

What is the finish of the paint on your custom cabinets? Satin or Semi-Gloss. Did you end up finding out the white paint used and the glaze used? Your kitchen is so beautiful! The love the way the highlighting looks with your pretty drawers.