Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phronesis_gw

corner drawer pulls

Phronesis
10 years ago

I've had corner drawer built for my new kitchen and am trying to find drawer pulls that will prevent me from having to have two pulls facing each other for each drawer and instead have one pull that has each side of the pull on each side of the corner. I hope that makes sense.
I haven't been able to find any beyond these pictures

http://www.instructables.com/id/Homemade-kitchen-corner-drawers/

http://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_base_images/zp/inside_corner_drawers_2.jpg

(the 2nd one was pointed out to me by someone in the remodel forum)

Anyone out there found any? I'm looking for brushed nickel, but at this point, I'm just looking for a general direction to pursue.

thanks,

Jennifer

Comments (7)

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

When I read the words "corner drawers", I immediately think of Plllog. She used knobs on both sides of the drawers. The link below shows hers. I've seen several others with corner drawers, but have never seen a pic with one pull bridging both sides.

Why don't you want two pulls/knobs?

Here is a link that might be useful: Plllog's corner drawers

• Phronesis
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just the physics/geometry of it. I'd rather have one pull to pull directly out than have two pulls that can't be pulled directly out but have to be pulled at an angle (if that makes sense).

Along with the physics/geometry is the aesthetics of it. The pulls on either side remind me of doors that just go nowhere. I'm probably being idiosyncratic, but I'm okay with that.

thanks for the link though. Maybe I just haven't looked around enough to land upon the knobs/pulls that would make it appealing to me.

• bpath
    10 years ago

What about pulls made of cable or rope? You could mount one end on each side of the corner, and it would flex in the middle where you want to pull. You could probably find them in a finish to coordinate with your other hardware. Maybe there is also a "tube" to put over the cable/rope part to soften it, if it feels uncomfortable to the touch.

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

Along bpathome's line of thinking, what about leather? I had planned one instead of a door knob for my corner step-in pantry because I was afraid of a regular, hard knob denting my fridge across the corner. Now that I'm living in the kitchen, I'm not sure I'll go that route. Somewhere I have a great link to a company that makes reasonably priced pulls in a few sizes and multiple colors. I'll see if I can find my link.

• elofgren
    10 years ago

A shelf support bracket or a corbel would have the right shape, sort of:

But the part that attaches to the shelf isn't very pretty--it's designed to hold a lot of weight. Maybe one could be modified somehow. This one looks nice but it costs $134 (each) and supports 250 pounds:

A woodworker could make you some pretty easily, but they wouldn't match the rest of your kitchen. You could make one out of galvanized pipe or conduit...

Eric

• elofgren
    10 years ago

Found another one that looks better ($100 each)
    {{!gwi}}

I think what I'd do at this point is drive to Lowes and walk down every aisle with an open mind. Some other category of item may be able to be repurposed like this. You need [something] that mounts to two perpendicular surfaces. There must be something like that in the world.

• sena01
    10 years ago

Here's one. Could be C pulls.

Edited to correct link

Here is a link that might be useful: corner drawers

This post was edited by sena01 on Sun, May 26, 13 at 8:17