Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
provolone_gw

Just about done....pix, pix, pix!!

provolone
11 years ago

Thanks to everyone on this board for the education in "how to design and build a kitchen." All of your posts provided a comprehensive guide enabling our transition from a 1976 tiny, builders grade kitchen to what you see below. Still looking at backsplash, counterstools and need to do some painting and install 2 columns entering dining room from foyer. And Lowes is replacing the fridge because the door has a dent in it.

A little backstory...our house is a somewhat traditional cape in Connecticut. We underutilized our formal living room/dining room, so we decided to make that our new family room and use our former family room space for our new kitchen (14'=15'ish). Additionally, the house was chopped up into smallish rooms so we tore down some walls, enlarged openings where possible and essentially gutted most of our main level, added a dormer to the new kitchen space to provide more light, and replaced the two small double hung windows with a 60" triple casement and triangle in the dormer.

Our materials:

Cabinets: custom cherry with a very light stain

Countertops: Stellaris Granite

Range: Viking - we would've pursued Wolf, CC, or BlueStar except we got a great deal on our dual fuel range at a Viking distributor warehouse sale ($3,400).

Hood: Viking from same sale. 1,200 cfm external blower mounted inconspicuously on our roof.

Fridge: Kitchenaid SxS

Micor: Viking from same sale

Wine Fridge: Viking from same sale

Sink: Ticor single bowl 32"

Faucet: Grohe Concetto

triple casement window: Marvin Integrity

kitchen floors: Lauzon Engineered Tigerwood

UCL: Juno Xenon

Pendants: Besa Lighting Tutu in Garnet

Comments (19)

• laxsupermom
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Love the movement in your granite, and that ceiling - Wow! Love the rich warmth of your cabs! Enjoy your beautiful new space.

• tea4all
    11 years ago

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful! To have so much counter space would be wonderful. Love your granite, pop of color from the pendant, and your cherry cabinets. Enjoy!

• dragonfly08
    11 years ago

So beautiful! The kitchen flows so well with the rest of the house! Great job! The countertop is beautiful and I love how you chose to use it as a backsplash behind the sink and the SS behind your range. Enjoy it for years to come!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

That vaulted ceiling and window by the sink is to die for!
    Great job!

• owataqt
    11 years ago

Love the look..a little closer..little more closer, closer..love the way you shared your photos.

Beautiful..
    Awesome job.
    Huggles

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

The sink area is just gorgeous with the high window and ceiling!

Love the counters and floors!

Congrats on an great reno!

• Debbi Branka
    11 years ago

So beautiful! I love the warmth I feel "walking" through your kitchen! The windows are gorgous. OMGosh your floors (living room too) are beautiful! Love it all!

• clarygrace
    11 years ago

What a beautiful, tranquil space. The architectural detail on the kitchen ceiling is just tops!!! I like how you transitioned the floors..the kitchen floor has an amazing warm tone. Can you tell us what the stain is?

Much happiness in your new space for many years to come!

• eriepatch
    11 years ago

Love it! Since I got my granite in I really love looking at
    granite with lots of movement. Everything in your kitchen is great!

• remodelfla
    11 years ago

Much to love! The wood on your cabs has outstanding graining and luster. And your stone... OH MY! Clean and simple lines...right up my alley. LOVE IT!

• blfenton
    11 years ago

Beautiful granite and the kitchen looks so functional. The bump-outs for the stove and sink add a really nice detail. looks great.

• colorfast
    11 years ago

Wow, I hadn't seen Stellaris granite before, what a star! Your vaults in the kitchen really make it seem spacious and I love your cabinetry. That is the perfect amount of stain to enrich it without hiding that beautiful grain.

Thanks for sharing.

• rhome410
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! Amazing granite. I like how you wrapped it up under the window just behind the sink.

Your whole house is beautiful. Quite a successful remodel! I feel badly that I don't have more to say, because it isn't related to how much I love what you've done. It's just all great as a whole, which is a very positive thing. It looks like a wonderful place to hang out and live.

• provolone
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow, you folks never fail to impress with your kindness. We really love and are enjoying the space.

The floors in the kitchen are engineered Tigerwood from Lauzon.

Here are some before pictures of our house prior to us opening it up.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Oh, I love it!

• cakelly1226
    11 years ago

I love your home and that kitchen to die for!!! Totally my taste to the T! Gorgeous!!!! I adore those cabs and granite. I would not add a backsplash- you have the major areas covered.

• provolone
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hre's an exterior pic from last July when they did the dormer before it was painted. It's been a busy, dusty, expensive year!

• pawa
    11 years ago

I really like the contrast of the cool granite with its blueish undertone with the warmth of your cabinets. I also love how seamlessly your kitchen integrates with the rest of your house. It really flows well!

Love the red pendants to add a touch of color!

• denali2007
    11 years ago

Beautiful. I love the cabinets, such a warm color..