Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen remodel progress. With pictures!

Posted by khallock (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 13:39

We are doing a DIY kitchen remodel, so it will be slow going since DH works a full time job and the kitchen will only get worked on in the evenings and on weekends. but we have made a bunch of progress!

April 6 - Started ripping out old cabinets
April 12 - moved washer & dryer out of mud room and upstairs to the 2nd floor
April 14 - Sold all old cabinets on Craigslist. Woman came to haul them away.
April 16th - Plumber came to hook up gas for upstairs dryer and to plumb in new gas line for my new 36" Bluestar range.
April 29 - May 4 - Hardwood floors refinished throughout the entire first floor.

Now we are at a standstill because my hubby is away for 2 weeks for work. But he's coming home this weekend and our next task is to cut out the sheetrock above the kitchen cabinet area on the ceiling so we can re-work the recessed lighting. We also need to order 2 windows for the range wall and he needs to install those. We need to tear into the wall where we will recess a 36" spot for our fridge so that it can sit back about ~3" into the wall.

I still need to order my range & hood, prep sink, 2 faucets, pot filler, and decide on a lighting plan and countertops.

Here are some pictures!

Before

Refinished floors

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen remodel progress. With pictures!

Looks great! I guess you are putting the cabinets back, right?

Good luck with your project!

Suzi

o

Wow! Amazing progress! Good luck!

o

Thanks for showing your progress. Your old kitchen even looked great so can't wait to see the new kitchen!
Will be watching :-)

o

Your floors are gorgeous! Good luck with your project and post pics!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here