Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avntgardnr

Dynamic Kitchens on Long Island

avntgardnr
9 years ago

Hi everyone,
I'm a long time lurker (I used to post on the garden board eons ago)...we are embarking on our kitchen remodel *finally*.

I found the name of a custom cabinet maker on this forum and I know it's a long shot but was wondering if anyone here had actually used them.
Dynamic Kitchens & Furniture in Copiague on Long Island.

Love what he has to offer but before we go ahead
would like to hear from anyone who has experience with them. thanks in advance!

Laurie

Comments (17)

• vdinli
    9 years ago

Hi Laurie, I am on Long Island too and looked into Dynamic Kitchens briefly before deciding to go with frameless cabinets. If you look on the LIfamilies.com website, there are many satisfied customers there. You can PM them for more details. I think the daughter posts there too. Good Luck!

• wdwsue
    9 years ago

I live on Long Island and went to Dynamic Kitchens. His work is beautiful and his prices were lower than Home Depot, Lowe's and Consumers kitchens and bath. The only reason I did not go with him is because a neighbor recommended another custom cabinet maker, who I went with. The guy from Dynamic had no problem bringing me into his shop and showing me his work.

• avntgardnr
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi - thank you both for your responses!! I will check out LIfamilies.com.
    wdwsue - would you mind sharing the name of the cabinet maker you went with? and are you pleased with your cabinets?

thanks again, both! Laurie

• wdwsue
    9 years ago

Laurie I am still about 2 weeks from having my cabinets installed but I have seen them in his shop. They are not stained yet because I just picked the stain color. If you would like his name and number please email me and I will give it to you.

• wdwsue
    9 years ago

Laurie I received your email but when I try to respond it says: PLEASE NOTE: The member responding to your post has chosen not to reveal his or her email address. Therefore, you cannot reply to this message via email.)

• avntgardnr
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Sue - I changed my settings...hopefully it will work now. Thanks again for the help! Laurie

• liduck
    8 years ago

LIDuck

Hi, I am new to gardenweb.com. I would like to message anyone who has had experience with kitchen cabinet making and installation by Dynamic Kitchens and Furniture. I do no understand how to locate people's email addresses. Would someone please help me? Additionally, I found no reviews f or the company on LIfamilies.com. Thanks.

• avntgardnr
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi LIDuck,

We ended up using Dynamic. We love our kitchen. However (and I knew this going in) he takes foreverrrrrrrr....we were supposed to be installed before thanksgiving and we were done just a few days before Christmas (and then bits and pieces after that were dragged out).

We are thrilled with the design and install. I will try and attach a few pictures

• avntgardnr
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I don't know why some pics are sideways, sorry.

I haven't done my full reveal yet - 6 months later and I still can't pick a backsplash!!

• liduck
    8 years ago

Thank you wdwsue. I will email you.

And thank you too avntgardnr for replying so quickly. Your cabinet color, and design and execution look stunning. Pulleeze tell me you have a floor and countertop installed by now??

I really don't 'get' this process at all.

My kitchen is tiny. My puppy and his too large crate both live there. The kitchen is off the back door through which he must exit to pee. Oh, and the gut which must occur, includes 70 yo plaster walls and plaster ceiling. When those are replaced, I cannot deal with delays in installation. Taking too long to complete a job is upsetting news for sure.

• liduck
    8 years ago

wdwsue, I emailed you, but your address is blocked. Can you open the access? Thank you so much.

• wdwsue
    8 years ago

I unblocked my email

• liduck
    8 years ago

I tried again. Thank you.

• avntgardnr
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi LI Duck,

Yes, I do have a countertop (I didn't realize it wasn't in those pictures lol) and the floor is installed in those picture (but hard to see).

That's a more competed version :-)

• avntgardnr
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I will be by honest - Jim does fantastic work but there will be delays. Every person I spoke to (and who have used him since) had delays of many weeks.

I would love to recommend him to everyone I come across, and actually have other work I would like to use him for, but the crazy delays....

Best of luck with your remodel. Take lots of pics!!

• avntgardnr
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Sent you an email :-)