Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zacsdaddy

Buttermilk (Caesarstone) has been poured!

ZacsDaddy
12 years ago

After a week delay, our countertops have finally been installed. I am so excited, they are exactly what we were looking for. We wanted a fairly solid color, with a little bit of movement, but not so much that it would distract from the grain in the walnut cabinets. Also, we have a pretty big impact backsplash going in, so we didn't want it to compete as well.

Backsplash will go in tomorrow -- and then finishing work begins. He's hoping the reno wraps up soon!

The pictures here are rough (and I don't want to show everything until the final reveal!). But here are a few quick pics:

Comments (31)

• summersucks
    12 years ago

looks beautiful! what do you mean by poured? It didn't come in a slab, was it poured right in your kitchen?? That sounds SO cool. no seams!

• sas95
    12 years ago

That looks great. Very clean and sleek looking.

• ZacsDaddy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

@summersucks - it came in slabs, but no seams due to the size needed. Just referencing "poured" in relation to the color name "buttermilk"! :-)

@sas95 - Thanks. I'm hoping it won't be as "modern" once the backsplash goes in. I really want the countertop to visually fade away. Still hoping it works!

• sas95
    12 years ago

What type of backsplash are you doing?

• summersucks
    12 years ago

oh lol. a little slow today. It looks seriously awesome.

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

Can't wait to see the final product! Looks really great so far!

• ZacsDaddy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The backsplash is Grazia Listelli tile -- a 2.5" X 10" subway tile in green with a crackle finish with a black liner. If all goes well, it'll evoke the tile details in the other rooms of the house. The tile will go to the ceiling (in the area above the sink) with open shelving.

• celineike
    12 years ago

Ooohhh. I love it. It looks great. I hart caesarstone. :D

• ironcook
    12 years ago

yum! very nice! :)

• ZacsDaddy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

TIle is in!!! Grout should go in tomorrow! We chose an antique white grout that will tie into the countertop color. Very excited.

• sas95
    12 years ago

We have a similar countertop color and also used the antique white grout and it looks quite nice. Very pretty tiles!

• rosie
    12 years ago

I really like that! :)

• marcolo
    12 years ago

OK. I'm speaking to you again.

• remodelfla
    12 years ago

LOVE LOVE LOVE THe backsplash! Hmmmm... I need a tile for my teeny postage stamp master bath. Me thinks I found something to get a sample of!

• dianalo
    12 years ago

I think the counters are very nice but the tile is a showstopper! I love the liner and edge tiles. It looks so polished and neat. The green tiles have a wonderful depth to the color. Bravo!

• PRO
    Olive Mill
    12 years ago

Great job on the sink opening. Looks like you found a good fabricator.

• ZacsDaddy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement!! Its so hard to find the balance between old and new -- and I'm hoping we end up hitting the mark right. They finished tiling the main wall today as well, but I'm holding off on posting pictures until it is grouted and the counters are uncovered again! I'm hoping another week and we'll be completely done!

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

))))singing(((((. Pour some buttermilk on me! Yeah, pour some buttermilk on me!!

Sorry, it was the first thing that popped into my head when I read your title. ;( Counters look great. Tile is even more fab. It evokes a bygone era.

You're soooo close! It must be so exciting. Please hustle up and post the finished room!

• annachosaknj6b
    12 years ago

It looks beautiful so far! I love that tile. And Caesarstone from all my research sounds like a great pick.

• celineike
    12 years ago

Love the green and cream together - really nice!
    They look a bit like Heath to me? where are they from? sorry if i missed that somewhere else.

• flwrs_n_co
    12 years ago

I can't wait for your final reveal! My mom wants to replace her white formica counter and snackbar. I took her to the Denver Home and Garden show so she could get some ideas. She didn't like granite--even the "quiet" samples bothered her, but I think she'll like this. I also LOVE (not shouting, just emphasizing) your BS! I've been considering green tile for my BS and yours is beautiful!

I assume you got a sample of the buttermilk quartz first. Do you feel the sample was true (in color and pattern) to the final product?

• kmmh
    12 years ago

It looks great!!

• francoise47
    12 years ago

Your counters and backsplash look wonderful. Please don't keep us waiting on more pictures! I look forward to seeing how it all comes together. Best wishes with the reno.

• ZacsDaddy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks again everyone!

@Breezy: Woohoo! I made you sing! You actually gave me the biggest compliment --"evokes a bygone era." That is exactly what we have tried to do. For us, its as modern as we could go but still have it seem appropriate and authentic to the house. When I post the final, I'll add some of the house's influences in our design.

@celineike: The tile is Grazie Listelli. Thank you for saying it looks like Heath! Heath was part of our inspiration, but I couldn't justify the cost.

@flrs_n_co: The Caesarstone "buttermilk" sample is a little deceiving in the small size. Make sure to see a large sample so you can see the pattern. In the small size, it looks to be almost a solid color and it really is not. To me, it looks like water droplets on the counter - very subtle at a distance.

• flwrs_n_co
    12 years ago

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to order a larger sized sample when mom decides on a color.

• ZacsDaddy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Okay ... one last photo until the final reveal!

• sw_in_austin
    12 years ago

So gorgeous. I'm loving those walnut cabinets. I'm just about to place an order for some walnut cabinets for a bathroom reno we're doing and these are convincing me it's the right choice.

And I love green tile. Yours if absolutely beautiful and perfect with the counters and the cabinets. I especially love that little line of black. I can't wait to see more.

• celineike
    12 years ago

Nice!

• francoise47
    12 years ago

I also adore your tile and the black liner! Can't wait for the full reveal.

• lazy_gardens
    12 years ago

the cabinets! What are they.

• ZacsDaddy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

@lazygardens -- they are walnut with a clear coat. I love them!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!