Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Looking for after market roll out tray + cabinet lock

Valerie Noronha
10 years ago

I have a 24" base cabinet I have in my dining room that I wish I had put in a roll-out tray in the lower shelf. I am looking for an after market one that has Blum hardware (soft close). The adjacent cabinet has them and for the 24" cabinet the ROT measures 19" across though there is a plywood piece to either side that it attaches to. I'm not sure if I should get the same size or upgrade to 21" (door opening is 23" wide).

Also, I would like to put a lock on one of my cabinets and am considering the magnetic lock from Rev-a-Shelf. Does anyone have any experience with it or other recommendations?

Here is a link that might be useful: Rev-A-Shelf Magnetic Lock

Comments (5)

• jakuvall
    10 years ago

Hafele has a nice lock, pricier but hidden-

Here is a link that might be useful: Hafele Stealth lock

• Valerie Noronha
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jakuvall: thank you for the Hafele recommendation. I'll see what my DH would like.

Any recommendations for ROTs? Are blum glides always mounted to sides or csn they be bottom mounted? I think a bottom mount installation may be easier for my DH.

• jakuvall
    10 years ago

Bottom mount is fine. Get a tray from your cabinet supplier.

• Valerie Noronha
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jakuvall: thank you for the Hafele recommendation. I'll see what my DH would like.

Any recommendations for ROTs? Are blum glides always mounted to sides or csn they be bottom mounted? I think a bottom mount installation may be easier for my DH.

• Valerie Noronha
    Original Author
    10 years ago