Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rjr220

View of Super Susan before counter install

rjr220
13 years ago

I know that the topic of what to do with corner cabinets comes up frequently here, and is one I studied when planning the kitchen. My kitchen is being stalled as we speak, and the Super susan is being installed.

I hope these following pictures are helpful for those currently planning what to do: this is a 32" SS in a base that has an interior measurement of 33".

View from front

view from top:

It's the first time our cabinet maker has installed this, and he says that he wishes more people would, because it is very easy to install! And it has ALOT of room, just like others have attested to.

Oh, and just because I love my cabs . . . .

Comments (11)

• eastbaymom
    13 years ago

I love your cabinets too!

What brand of cabinets are they? I ask because I'm fairly certain that our super susans will have a curved back to the cabinet, so there won't be any corners where stuff could fall off into.

• gbsim1
    13 years ago

Thanks for the photo! Very helpful. Is there always only one shelf? Is there an option to have two levels of susans?

LOVE the cabinets! (and the floors)

• rjr220
    Original Author
    13 years ago

eastbaymom -- they are custom cabs, and I am happy with them and the job they have done with installation. A few glitches, but nothing that wasn't solved.

gbsim -- there is actually 2 levels -- I took this picture before the 2nd shelf was installed, so you could better see how it fit into the cab, and how little wasted space there is.

Thanks for the compliments on the floors. They are a bit . . . colorful. It's Daltile Cobblestone that we installed in a major part of the house when we moved in 5 years ago. I still really like them, and am not happy with Daltile for discontinuing the line -- I had to scramble for an extra box when doing this project. I was wondering if I should have changed the floor with the kitchen, but I really like the tile -- and I think the cabs work with it. Now for the backsplash (that's another thread)

• firstmmo
    13 years ago

We have the same thing but we ended up with just a bit more room in that corner next to the sink because of cabinet sizes. We put in a tray divider that will hold my fold-up stepstool (something I stole from another GWer).

From Menlo Farmhouse

• tresgirls
    13 years ago

rjr220 - Thanks for the photos! They're very helpful to those of us a few steps behind you. Do you know what kind (brand) of hardware your cabinet maker used for the Super Susan?

• rjr220
    Original Author
    13 years ago

He didn't use any other hardware than what came with the product itself -- that's why he liked with it!

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

So that's a Super Susan! Geez, I have one, all this talk about Super Susans always made me think I was missing something!

Your cabinets are beautiful!

• heart-of-dixie
    13 years ago

I am getting a super susan too!!!

• tresgirls
    13 years ago

Do you know where he got the product from? Or is this a commercial line of cabinets, e.g., Kraftmaid? My cabinet maker (local custom maker) isn't familiar with the product, so I'm trying to point him to where he can find it.

• rjr220
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The link below will take you to Omega National Products. I found the product here on GW, and then forwarded the site to my cabinet maker. He didn't know about it, either. He ordered it from them. Keep us updated!!

Here is a link that might be useful: super susan source

• tresgirls
    13 years ago

Super! Thanks!