Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Laundry Room Floor Tile Pics are posted.

beekeeperswife
12 years ago

Thanks to all of you for helping me out with the laundry room floor tile contest back in February/March. If only it was as simple as "get the tile and install it". We had so many things that needed to be done to that room, all of which needed to be scheduled when the kids weren't home from college. So there were 2 different colleges and their Spring breaks, 2 kids had surgeries over those breaks (wisdom teeth and bunionectomy-yeah: crutches).

We needed to reroute the dryer vent. It used to go down and into the basement, travel the width of the house and exit under the kitchen window. What a disaster that was. What was the builder thinking? Anyhow, we had to cut a hole in the house and now have it right out front, but it's hidden so not ugly!

We found out we had to rip up the vinyl first. That was painful. So time consuming getting off the glue, etc. And then guess what we found out? Yep, we couldn't use the 1/4" plywood that was there because it isn't completely glued to the subfloor. So, after all the work of removing the vinyl, we pulled up the plywood, and the 10 million staples that were holding it down. I think the vinyl installer was new, and was learning how to use the staple gun in our laundry room.

Then the backer board was cut and installed. And finally the tile. Then we sealed it , grouted it, and sealed a couple of more times.

The entire room and closet were painted. The ceiling in the closet is the color on the walls of the laundry room. I decided not to do a funky color in this closet, because, really, who cares? The knobs are currently temporary, I am going to get out 2 spare crystal knobs from the kitchen project, and use them. I think it will be a better flow.

We also replaced the light in there. I now have a fixture that can handle 2 100 watt bulbs! Let There Be Light! We added a dimmer switch for that fixture. Speaking of which, all the outlets and switches and switch plate covers were replaced.

And then there was the threshold delay. My dh was making one. So basically the threshold (which I need to stain a little more) was carved to fit perfectly. I just had to assign him to the garage/laundry room last Saturday and tell him his only job was to get this thing done.

I need a piece of art for the wall. Nothing has spoken to me at Home Goods recently. So I will just be patient. And I think I want to add a woven shade to the window, but not really block any light.

So, if you would care to see the outcome of the laundry room project, you can go over to Mission Stone's blog. Feel free to leave a comment there if you like.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mission Stone & Tile-Bee's Laundry room

Comments (9)

Sponsored
My Kitchen And Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars48 Reviews
Virginia-Based, Leading Kitchen and Bath Remodeler Since 1994