Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Corner Sink Base Cabinet Size?

Posted by monkeystomach (My Page) on
Wed, May 25, 11 at 12:47

Hi Everyone,

I have decided to do a corner sink in my kitchen but I do not know what size cabinet to get.

The 36" sink base cabinet will hold a 25" single bowl sink which is fine, but I am concerned about the width of the face. I know with the 36" the face is only about 17" wide. Is that really enough space? If you have this setup, do you feel cramped or cornered while working at the sink?

The 42" is nice because I get a bigger sink and a wider face, but it takes up more room and there is more wasted counter space behind the sink.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Ed

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Corner Sink Base Cabinet Size?

Here is a pic of my 36" corner sink base with a 25" single bowl sink and 1" filler on each side. The filler may be required if you go with full overlay doors in order for the doors to open properly. Not sure about inset or partial overlay though. I do not feel crowded at all, but I am petite. DH has a larger frame and no complaints from him so far. I actually downsized from a 42" corner sink base and can't even tell the difference.

Photobucket

o

Thanks Kaycee that is good to know. What about the space between your sink base and dishwasher? Is that a filler or a functional pullout? Do you feel that there should be more space between the two?

Anyone else?

Thanks!!!

o

A 6" pull out is between the sink and dw. Previously, we had nothing between the two except the 1" filler. Having the extra 6" definately helps. Our kitchen layout wasn't changed too much except the addition of functional fillers, etc. due to the layout of our home.

o

A 6" pull out is between the sink and dw. Previously, we had nothing between the two except the 1" filler. Having the extra 6" definately helps. Our kitchen layout wasn't changed too much except the addition of functional fillers, etc. due to the layout of our home.

o

We have a corner sink too and I was worried I didn't like it but I love it. We have a small filler between the cabinet and dishwasher and it is fine.

Not a great picture... but here it is Counters

We also went with a D shaped sink which I really like.

o

o

I have no idea why my post keeps re-posting?!?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here