Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Second Opinion, Kitchen Layout

Posted by tobes36 (My Page) on
Wed, May 14, 14 at 12:46

Hello,

I need a second opinion of the proposed kitchen layout. My concerns with the kitchen layout is 1) sink in island, 2) storage space. The kitchen will be an addition so we can move windows around. the "deck side - right" wall is 14' high and the opposite side is 8' tall.

What would you do?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Second Opinion, Kitchen Layout

Can the deck side windows change?

o

To an extent, the deckside window is moveable. See next to figures.

o

Maybe something like this? Is there space for the pantry on the left wall, as shallow cabinets?

From Kitchen plans

o

south elevation

o

Lavander_lass - Thanks for the reply. I like all the upper cabinet you put it. What do you think about symmetry or is it over-rated? Perhaps I can put a 24" pantry next to the DW. I don't there is room to put a pantry on the left wall unless I rotate the island 90 degrees.

How come you reversed the front door?

o

So you could walk into the kitchen and grab a cool drink, without walking around the door.

o

it is hot here today!

o

Thought I'd throw this one out there...

tobes36's Kitchen #3 (May 2014) photo tobes363_zpsdd4fa87a.jpg

o

Buehl,

Except for the corner sink you came up with exact scheme my house designer came up with months ago. Must be something good with that layout. I guess I nixed it early on cause I wanted to explore having the island oriented the other direction. I also didn't want the main sink in that location cause 1) its pretty close to the street and 2) directly west facing - too much sun. But I guess that is what window treatments are for. Am I making these issues too big a deal?

o

Is this going to be a new construction, as in a new window over the sink? or is it an existing window?

New window you could get the kind that has built in tinting??? I might be explaining this wrong.

Existing window you could add window film.

This would help with the sun. Also can you plant a small tree outside the window?

o

New construction. Tree probably won't work for a while since the house is on a slope. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here