Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenswrens

Finished - Beaded Inset Cherry Kitchen

jenswrens
14 years ago

I finally got around to posting my finished kitchen. All of the details are in the gallery, but someone suggested that I also post it over here on Discussions. The link to photos and more details is below.

I'm such a procrastinator that most of you here now probably don't even remember me, but hopefully at least a few of the old-timers will remember. It was a long-haul, and I want to thank everyone here who gave me advice and encouragement.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Here is a link that might be useful: Finished Minnesota Kitchen

Comments (8)

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Jenswrens,

I love, love, love the creamy yellow paint with the Cherry
    cabinets. It softens the cherry and stainless.
    What color did you use? Does it happen to be
    Lemonade by BM?
    Years ago I had a Cherry Cabinet kitchen with
    Moonlight paint by BM painted on the walls. It was
    amazing. Your kitchen reminds me of my old kitchen.
    Lovely.

The space above the cabinets looks much better.
    That was creative of you.
    The tile backsplash behind the range is perfect.
    Is that the same stone you used for the counter top?
    Truly beautiful. I even love your floors.

Is that a Bosch DW? What is the Range? I really
    like it.

Well I am off to finish painting some trim.
    I love to sneak away to GW and see the beautiful work
    people are doing. Enjoy your beautiful kitchen,
    boxerpups

• User
    14 years ago

You did a great job! Congrats, it looks Beautiful!!!

• rhome410
    14 years ago

That really is so lovely and an amazing transformation. Looks so functional next to the photos of a room that would give me claustrophobia! Your kitchen just speaks to my heart for some reason...I think it's the balance of the glass cabinets and the variation in heights and depths you've included. I especially like the coffee/microwave area next to the fridge. Everything looks new, sleek, and elegant, but has the homey feel appropriate to an older home, too. I think it's just that it's a kitchen I could feel at home in and see working well for me.

• pluckymama
    14 years ago

Jenswrens, being an old timer I remember you! Your kitchen turned out beautifully. I love your cherry cabinets and they are so well done. Your tile countertop is gorgeous. Love your Ikea magnetic knife rack and the pot rack next to it. The whole kitchen is so warm and welcoming and much more open. What a great yellow for your walls, really a happy and inviting kitchen.

• bellcrest
    14 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful. It is warm, friendly and inviting. Excellent job on your reno!!

• lesmis
    14 years ago

I love your new cabinets! I also like the new layout, it looks a lot more functional and really opened it up instead of those awkward angles before. I also like the new paint color in your dining room. It all looks wonderful!

Enjoy!

Kat :)

• igloochic
    14 years ago

Oh come on...it hasn't been that long LOL (I'm hoping to post my finished kitchen next week after three years!) Wait I have to paint the trim...week after next dang it.

You really worked well with the space. I love the new cabinets and the subtle changes you made (ie the cabinet around the hood) really work!

• morton5
    14 years ago

Your new cabinets are just beautiful-- love the details of the exposed hinges and your delicate pulls, as well as the understated moulding. Your color scheme is so soothing, too. Great job!