Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brightm

Secondary Countertop suggestion

brightm
9 years ago

This would probably be better if I had a pic of the granite we're planning on, but I don't have access to one just now. It's called Kodiak (but I don't this that's a standard name). We've only been to see it once and haven't committed yet. It'll go on the island, on either side if the range and on an L around the sink.

We have two odd areas that we don't need to be granite. One is on a run of three cabinets under a low window. it'll be in the neighborhood of 29" h, 81" long. The other is obove our washer and dryer. Because we have masonry walls, the services are on the surface of the wall and the 24"d appliances will sit out 5" or so. So that piece would be 54" w, 30" d. Also, I'm going to see about having that be lift-off-able because we've had issues with the drain on occasion.

So I'm looking for something lighter and less expensive than granite for those areas that won't be used for food prep. I've tried googling countertop weights in various ways with little success.

The ideas I've come up with are to just have the cabinet maker top the lower cabinets and get some kind of panel for the w/d area. Going to contact Perfect Plank and ask weight. Maybe wildwood from them. And I thought maybe one of the Eco series from Cosentino, but IIRC it's not all that inexpensive.

any ideas?

Comments (3)