Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can't decide. . . Shiloh or Wellborn?

Posted by ekbecker1 (My Page) on
Wed, May 15, 13 at 12:36

I want to do white or soft white cabinets. The place I am working with carries both Wellborn and Shiloh. I need some help deciding between the two lines.

I am not doing inset doors or anything particularly custom. There are door styles in both lines that would work for me. I am ok with the fact that Wellborn is not plywood. I do want soft close doors and drawers and am willing to upgrade. My biggest concern is that the color look good with my large, white woodwork which is painted BM Decorator's White throughout the house.

My GC likes both lines and uses them extensively, but he seems to favor Wellborn a little for my house and says the Divinity color blends well with existing white trim.

Does anyone have experience with these 2 lines and have any advice to give me? What made you pick one over the other? I'm looking for a quality cabinet, but I don't need or want top of the line. My number one priority is that the paint finish be durable. . . I have 3 young children and my kitchen gets a lot of use.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can't decide. . . Shiloh or Wellborn?

I never looked at Wellborn, but I love my Shiloh. We have soft white in the kitchen with 2 very messy boys...and one coffee-spilling DH. So far so good!

o

We made a decision between these 2 cabinet lines in our renovation. Big factor was the lack of an upcharge on the inset from Shiloh. Went with those in Arctic White which was the whitest white. Our house was dark inside and we wanted the brightest white. I don't think Shiloh is construed as top of the line, rather a good mid-priced cabinet. My overall impression was that the Shiloh seemed sturdier. Shiloh had a nice finish on them but painted white cabinets will ding if you whack them hard enough with a pot edge.
Helene

o

To Mykitchensdone, I have same Arctic White Shiloh cabinets ( to the ceiling) and am trying to choose a trim color that will flow seamlessly... Mind sharing what trim you used and any pics? Thanks much!

o

Andi_k, I was wondering if you could share the color you chose for your painted woodwork. I have nearly decided that I will go with Shiloh. . . .So now I am trying to decide on which of the whites. My woodwork is very similar in size and shape to yours. I love how your woodwork matches nicely with the cabinets.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here