Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which Kitchen Faucet Did You Pick?

Posted by rococogurl (My Page) on
Tue, May 25, 10 at 12:26

This is more or less a classic post -- last one I remember was a few years back when the Grohe Ladylux was pretty much #1 followed by various bridge faucets with gooseneck spouts (if anyone has that link please post -- it was a long thread).

Things have changed so much with faucets and sinks I thought it might be fun to get a snapshot of what people have on the main and prep sinks right now.

I'll start off. I have a KWC Systema pulldown with a Newport Brass cold water faucet for the filtered with a Julien 3211 ss 10" deepp sink.

In our weekend place I have the Dornbracht Profi with Side sprayer together withe the Rohl 30" farm sink and a Hansgrohe Axor stainless steel pull out faucet in the mudroom with an Elkay D-shaped ss drop in.

You and yours?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which Kitchen Faucet Did You Pick?

I wanted something elegant, simple, and not hard to use. We chose delta because of their seal technology and it was a great price. We researched other brands and really enjoyed the information Delta put forth on their website. We are laid back people who remodeled our kitchen ourselves (still remodeling I may add) and the faucets has come in handy as well as my single bowl sink. I love to garden and I put some of my plants in my sink and use the detacheable hose on the faucet to water the roots of my plants, rather than drench the leaves of my plants. This faucet has been awesome thus far!

o

rococo...can you post pictures of yours? They sound pretty interesting and I'd like to see:)

Vida..looks like we picked the same one.. a Delta Talbot Pull down (16968-sssd-dst). It came with a soap dispenser that I debated about putting in, but I find really convienent to use.

Crema Marfil tumbled subway

o

I have the MGS VELA D for my big sink. I LOVE it. According to the guys in the parts department, it's about the most reliable around (as in they never have to order parts for it). Mostly, I just love the way it feels. The pulldown part especially feels lovely in the hand. And retracts beautifully. I have the Kohler Karbon on my prep sink because of the ability to angle it to whichever part of the sink I want it in and never have it overreach the trough.

sink

prep

o

Kohler Vinnata, thanks to the many recommendations here. I don't think I could live without the pulldown sprayer, now that I have one. It is one of my favorite things about the new kitchen!
Photobucket

o

Hansgrohe Metro, $179 from Costco.

o

We decided on the Franke Mythos for it's simple design and pull down feature

Sink Counter - Blue Brazil

o

Kohler Simplice with soap dispenser. Comes in a nice brushed stainless look.

Kohler Poise sink which I totally dig.

o

FRANKI! LOVE that countertop - gorgeous!

I got the Kohler Karbon for my kitchen sink for the look. Fortunately, it turned out be awesome functionally as well.

Photobucket

o

Love your main sink faucet plllog! We got the Ladylux Cafe. Our plumber (and others) said get Grohe. Didn't especially love the style (really wanted something sleeker looking like plllog's) but it's ok and works very nicely. The faucet/spray head fits nicely in the hand and is good ergonomically. Having to hold in the spray button was not a deal-breaker for us. Would be nice, but far from a necessity for our usage.

Loved that it is SS, so the finish should hold up well over the long run.

o

Kohler Simplice in chrome over a Kohler Clarity main sink, and chrome Elkay Moda, also a high arc with pull-down, at the prep sink, which is Kohler Iron/Tones. I like both, but prefer the Simplice, as the Moda doesn't switch to spray or have the pause button the Simplice does, and doesn't seem to retract as well.

Elkay Moda:
Photobucket

Kohler Simplice:
Photobucket

o

I think the majority of people on here like the pull down faucet hose... its such an ease with rinsing sinks and watering plants!

o

Grohe K4 -- it's a cross between a pull-down and pull-out. Works well in the Kohler Stages. Tall without being tooo tall, reaches pretty far into the sink -- actually aims water directly in the drain. The pull-out is more than sufficient for the 45" stages.
And I like the gentle curvy arch it has.

o

Here you go kitchenaddict

The KWC Systema pulldown (chrome) and Newport Brass filtered cold water with the Julien sink

The Dornbracht Profi pair with the Rohl Sink (upmounted)

And the Hangrohe ss Pullout with drop in Elkay D sink
in the mudroom

o

Delta Talbott with the pull down nozzle. Loving it.

o

I chose this one, in polished nickel

http://www.herbeau.com/img/ProdImg/41026360.jpg

o

I chose the same faucet for both my prep and my clean up sink...Grohe Bridgeford in ORB. It was based heavily on color and quality, then function. I wanted it to blend in with the Cafe Brown Silgranit sinks I will be getting.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

very timely post! I am researching faucets now. Local dealer said the "Delta's are junk" (I liked the magnetic lock system). They are alot cheaper than Grohe - I may have to rethink my decision (again!). Keept the posts and pictures coming!

o

Kohler's HiRise series

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Dianelouise-

Don't know enough to say that "Delta is junk" per your dealer, but if they fail, it looks like I am in good company here.

o

I was just at the Delta website - lifetime warranty to original owner. Price is right! We'll see...

o

Due to the tight space available for the faucet, I stuck with the same manufacturer for both sink (Rohl Allia) and faucet (Rohl pullout) http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1233922196062933018MXvBNz>Rohl pull out faucet

Two years out we had trouble with the faucet 'freezing up' to a point where it would not swing side to side at all. I called Rohl and 2 days later I received a brand new faucet and connections plus they reimbursed the cost of the plumber to install it. Plus they enclosed a pre-paid FedEx airbill to return the malfunctioning unit. They only asked that I return the malfunctioning faucet so they could inspect it. This is a family-owned business and I can't say enough for their customer service.

o

I have also heard that Delta's are junk, BUT my previous kitchen faucet that came with the house before our remodel was a Delta and it held up nicely. We saved all our information and packaging just in case something happens to the new faucet in the future. I think alot of people have a bad wrap on Delta's cause you can buy them at any store- but keep in mind, you can also buy Kohler's as well. If you buy low end Delta- you get what you pay for and visa versa with high end.
Our local plumbers prefer Kohler and the other high end brands ONLY because they get a kickback from those brands for selling them. It's a personal preference by all means. If you like a particular model in Delta or Kohler then do a ton of research like you have been doing here on the forums, also contact the maker direct and pick their brain.
I am a designer with counter tops and I call sink/faucet makers all the time with silly questions... no question is never too silly for them!

o

Blanco Aires pullout faucet. Wanted something contemporary and cool-looking. Upper cabinets over sink, so couldn't do a high-arc'ing faucet (even though I love the look!). Loved the KWC faucets for both form and function, but they're (more than) a little pricey. ;-)

This Blanco looks and acts very similar to the KWC's. The sprayer is nice and strong, and stays in a locked position until either you unlock it or turn off the water. No rubber button to hold down, or to get grungy-looking. And the pull-out feels nice and comfortable in my hand - not awkward at all! Plus, you can't see it in the photo, but there's a loop on the handle that makes it very convenient to use.

Love my faucet. :-)

o

Delta Pilar Touch for prep sink in island
Waterstone 3710-12 pre-rinse for main sink

Not installed, still mid-remodel, so no photos yet.

o

We are looking forward to installing our Eclipse Cascade model, recommended by the plumber at the independent plumbing supply downtown for its solid stainless steel construction.

It's a really tall gooseneck -- 16 inches! We have a 60 inch wide garden window behind the sink, so I think it will look really nice. It has a pulldown (though it does have that black rubber button).

Here is a link that might be useful: here's our faucet

o

I've got the Kohler Karbon at my prep sink (love, love, love it):
_MG_8736

_MG_8737

And the very handsome Kalia Elito Diver at my clean up sink (hmm, I don't have a good picture of the Diver, see the link below to the web-site. It really is gorgeous):

Here is a link that might be useful: Kalia Elito Diver

o

Local dealer said the "Delta's are junk"

FWIW, we got a Delta pull-down faucet for our recently installed utility sink (the price was right on Faucets Direct). Our plumber was very impressed with the quality.

o

Westbrass Goshon (Not installed yet)

Faucet

o

Ooh, Sochi, that Elito is beautiful. My architect, contractor and plumber all said to get Grohe. None of them got a kickback because I bought the faucets myself. I got the Ladylux Cafe for my clean-up sink and I'm really happy with it (hey, did you just say my faucet is TRENDY???) I wanted a smaller one for the prep sink so I got the Ladylux Pro which I hate. It must be a bar sink because it doesn't have very good water pressure. If I had it to do over I would just put the Cafe in both (or maybe I'd get that Elito . . .). With a largely finished kitchen I should really stay off this site. ;^)
Here's the Ladylux Pro:
Photobucket

o

Delta Saxony, which I heard about here. The pullout can be a little awkward.

This pic was before grout on the tiles.

Faucet, sink, and backsplash

o

I have this one at the main sink

I'd have that Karbon if my house were more contemporary.

Here is a link that might be useful: Whitehaus Metrohaus

o

I finally broke down and bought the Kohler Karbon, which I've craved from the moment I saw it a year ago. It will be a wall mount. (Yes, interior wall, no worries about freezing up in a north country winter.) Demolition begins Friday, so I don't know when the Karbon will be installed, but it sure is purty in its box.

rc

o

i chose the perrin & rowe classic bridge faucet in polished nickel. i love it's simplicity. while it never screams for attention it's no wall flower, either.
i remember this thread way back when after i first joined gardenweb. great idea bringing it back!

Photobucket

o

Got an Elkay - used to be Navarro, but it looks like they've renamed it to Explore. Got it in Oil Rubbed Bronze to go with our Cafe Brown Silgranit sink (which I LOVE!!). Our plumber was VERY impressed with the quality - it's solid brass, and weighs a ton!

Good View Of Backsplash

-Susan

o

Wow - a lot of sleek and modern faucets out there! I guess I'm the anomaly. I have the traditionally-styled, Danze Opulence faucet with separate sprayer...never liked the look or feel of the pulldowns. Same style for the main and prep sinks.

o

kateskouros - I just love your faucet, so lovely, dainty and, well, perfect.

o

I have the Perrin & Rowe bridge faucet in polished nickel. Now that my kitchen is almost done I have to say it's my favorite purchase. I bought it on impulse and Im glad I did and spent the extra money. I look at it and love it every day.

o

Kohler Simplice in stainless but it's not installed yet...just starting the kitchen demo actually :-)

o

delta saxony (installed just about 2 years and loving it) sorry so dark but you can see the lines of the faucet
close up of saxony

o

I chose the Perrin & Rowe bridge faucet in chrome -- same faucet that kateskouros has, above. It is still in the box -- we haven't even started the demo yet. Also have the Shaw's sink. Went back and forth about whether to get a pulldown -- I have one now -- a Grohe -- which peeled and always looked out of place in my kitchen (old house) although I liked the functionality. I have done what I said I would not do-- chose the faucet that I liked the looks of. I hope I won't miss the pulldown function but am really looking forward to having this new sink and faucet.

o

Fun seeing everyone's pics! Seems like a lot of satin nickel. Ours are not installed yet but here are my choices that will be going in soon.

RO faucet:

There was a Rohl faucet I wanted--a pot filler, that I loved and thought could be used for the RO faucet, but it couldn't. So I had to get the tiny RO faucet and rethink my faucets and went faucet crazy. So my kitchen will have 6 faucets, including 2 RO's and it might be faucet overkill but at least no one will ever hear me complain that I wish I had another faucet.

Here is a link that might be useful: and last but not least....

o

I have Showhouse by Moen Waterhill design.

Photobucket

o

Kohler Vinnata. I wanted something a bit more traditional looking. Also, at that point I was decisioned out and no strong feelings for a faucet. So many people raved about it so it was an easy decision for me.

o

Two years out we had trouble with the faucet 'freezing up' to a point where it would not swing side to side at all. I called Rohl and 2 days later I received a brand new faucet and connections plus they reimbursed the cost of the plumber to install it. Plus they enclosed a pre-paid FedEx airbill to return the malfunctioning unit. They only asked that I return the malfunctioning faucet so they could inspect it. This is a family-owned business and I can't say enough for their customer service.

Have to agree about Rohl. We're having problems with the volume control handles on the Rohl shower set we bought through Faucetdirect.com over a year ago. Rohl has been so responsive - first to our plumber, and then to us. Replacement parts come FedEx, no questions asked - all they're concerned with is that we're satisfied customers. Great company.

o

We got the Delta Leland. Being in CA our options were more limited, but I loved the look of the Leland and it had a pulldown, a ceramic disc valve and a great warranty. Now it is DH's favorite thing in the kitchen. He loves the dual spray and the pulldown feature. We have found it to be much more convenient to use than our old pullout spout.

Before backsplash was finished:
Delta Leland faucet, Kohler sink

o

We have a Waterstone Annapolis in a satin nickel finish. I really love using it. We haven't yet put the filtered water thing in, so we've yet to use the small faucet. We are in CA, so the air gap was required by code.

Franke sink

o

Chicago wall faucet for the Kitchen with a restored antique soapstone sink:

Photobucket

Chicago wall faucet in the sunroom with a restored soapstone sink:

Photobucket

I love them both and the sinks. Have been using them now since 2006 and they are perfect. c

o

KWC PureJet -- two of them. In both cases the plumbers groused a bit because the brand wasn't familiar. The pullout is smooth. One of them, in now for about 8 years, has been trouble free. The filters are pricey.

o

Is anyone getting a lot of splashing from the high faucet/deep sink combination? That setup in a vacation rental resulted in splash-a-rama --like taking a shower every time I turned on the water.

o

Here is my Graff Corsica. And, no, Eliz. I don't get any kind of excessive splashing from my high arc/deep sink (Rohl Shaw's) set-up. Thank goodness!

Photobucket

o

Danze Opulence pull down. And the Danze Opulence pot filler.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Hansgrohe Solaris Hi-Arc 2. It is a terrific fixture.

Here is a link that might be useful: Faucet

o

Grohe Ladylux3 with the big flat boxy head for clean up sink and an incredibly small ikea pulldown for the prep sink as a placeholder for a player to be named later.

I figured out that I needed a small pullout, don't need a spray and I still needed one to pass inspection. BUT I'm having choice exhaustion and let the prep sink faucet go until I'm ready to go hunting - so I think it cost us $29 or something like that. I think of it as an extra permit fee that is cheaper than getting a permit extension.

o

Delta Pilar Touch - saw it advertised on the back of a magazine and had to have it. I absolutely love it - nice looking and very practical.

o

Elz,

I don't have splashing that I don't cause. My brother's low faucet and shallow sink fountained right up all over me recently. I don't think it's the high faucet/low sink that do it, but the stream hitting right on a curve. I didn't measure but I think his sink is a hyperbola--in one focus and out the other...all over me. If the water is directed toward a flat part of the sink, and if you don't have extreme water pressure, it shouldn't splash much.

o

I'm also an anomaly. I needed an antique brass faucet, which limited my choices considerably, and I also wanted a low profile faucet because my sink is right in front of a window. I chose the pullout Hamat 3-3263AB.
Hamat faucet

o

Warmfridge, that one looks pretty!

So many of the photos people are sharing have tantalizing views of their backsplashes... eye candy for me right now.

o

We put a Cucina Andrea Pull Down faucet at both the main sink and prep sink. They've been wonderful for 5 years.

Photobucket

o

I'm kinda diggin' this one:

Here is a link that might be useful: Jado ~ Coriander Pull Out

o
Jado Coriander

Here's the pic of the faucet... not sure how to delete my post above:

o

Franki 1962
Tell me about your granite
more pics?????
Thx

o

Here's the one I'm getting in about a week. It was an impossibly tough decision (tres expensive) but once I was able to see it/touch it in person, that pretty much did me in:

Here is a link that might be useful: Jaclo wall-mounted gooseneck faucet

o

Grohe Bridgeford for me in chrome! Love it! Again, don't know how I managed without a pull down!

o

Theresse has an interesting wall-mount faucet.

o

Moen Annabelle - one here with Moen RO faucet and another one at my island sink.

Moen Camerist that I use for a pot filler.

o

If posting a picture of your faucet is dorky then call me a dork.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler Simplice on Poise sink

o
My pimpin' plumbing

Photobucket

This forum software is stone aged.

o

I bought two Delta "Waterfall" faucets on sale? closeout? last fall. Haven't installed them yet.

o

I didn't want the faucet to be the focal point of the new kitchen so I looked for something low and small. This price pfister worked. I don't mind the separate sprayer. I lived without one at all for 6 years.

Price Pfister Marielle Deck Mount Kitchen Sink Faucet T34-4TYY Tuscan Bronze With Sidespray

2010 finished kitchen

o

buffalotina: what water dispenser did you get to match your faucet? they look great together. thanks!

o

I thought I was the only PricePfister out there PinchMe.

I chose the PP Parisa. This is really silly but my 2nd
favorite city is Paris. And I guess I just chose the name.
My husband was in a huge hurry and told me he did not want
me spending all day to choose a faucet. I found all of them
in person at the plumber suppy to be HUGE, GINORmous,
gargantuan, big, BIG, and BIGGER. I kept thinking
that my simple single large bowl sink and small kitchen
could not hold such a honkin big faucet and the Parisa
seemed delicate, pretty, simple and with a touch of modern.

I only wanted one hole in my stone. And this was perfect.
no ugly plate and a single hole that is a pull out, not
pull down. I am a total clutz and a pull down seemed
to complicated for my rushing to fill the dishwasher.
We have had PPs before and so I felt this was a safe
option.

I almost bought the Delta Allora. I love this one too.
The only issue with the delat is the pull down and
again I did not want to complicate the dish doing.

I also wanted the low profile like Pinchme, I too have
a window behind my sink and worried about it being the
focal point in my small kitchen.

Great topic Roccoco
~boxer

o

Thanks boxer. My TKO gene loves the size and style variety we're seeing -- like a parade of sinks.

o

Bumping this b/c I love seeing everyone's faucets in their kitchens - I'm looking for a kitchen faucet within the next few weeks so really helps to see all the different ones in this way.

o

wegndage2: My filtered water faucet is from Mountain Plumbing. The model number is Mt600. Yes, I was pleased how it goes so well with the Bridgeford.

o

Anyone interested in the Karbon in SS there is one on ebay. Being sold by a liquidator since it has a small blemish. For $500 it is a "bargain" for this faucet. If I didn't already have mine sitting in a box I just might go for this one myself.

Here is a link that might be useful: ebay Link

o

I have the Rohl Farmhouse single lever faucet with sprayer. I love the tiny lever and have not had any trouble with faucet or sprayer. Mine is a living finish bronze, and has changed over the past almost five years.

o

Anyone have a Brizo brand? DH just saw a pic of one...touch on.... and liked he look. More researching now for me. What about the "touch" ones. comments, suggestions pro/con???
Love all the pics as well...Keep them coming

o

Rocco

Love this thread

We chose a Franke 3300 - Pull out 4yrs & I just love it - low profile, is a workhorse, looks great

Here is a link that might be useful: franke 3300

o

I have a Danze Opulence kitchen faucet. The Perrin & Rowe bridge would have been my first choice but it was out of my budget.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Pinch_me and boxerpups, count me as three.

I have the Price Pfister Marielle pullout faucet and matching soap dispenser on both the main and prep sink, but in different finishes. I got them for a steal from Faucet Direct and Faucet Discounters on ebay.

Main sink in Stainless (before backsplash):
Faucet Installed!

Prep sink in Tuscan Bronze:
prep faucet

The soap dispenser on the main sink had "issues", so I called PP, and they sent me a brand new one that works perfectly--so far. If it fails again, I'll get another one, as they have the Pfunction and Pfinish (I know *groan*) warranty.

o

I am also a price pfister girl
I needed a bronze old fashioned and got the Ashfield
faucet which came with a soap dispenser. i did not use it but now have the dispenser part on top of my ceramic soap dispenser
Also got the annapolis hot water faucet

this picture is still from the unfinished - will be updating soon

From backsplash

o

Anyone have the Brizo..touch faucet??? Anyone have any thoughts on touch systems?? Heard tons about them several months ago but, then not much lately??

o

We have the Grohe Ladylux with an Elkay Mystic Bean sink. Love, love, love the combination!

Photobucket

o

And the ladylux3 looks like this...

o

If this keeps going and we get to 100 it might be useful to do some stats as that would make a decent sampling and perhaps show folks who are looking for a faucet which are most often picked here this summer.

I must say the sink jewelry on this thread is dazzling.

o

Danze Sirrius. Love it.
Danze

o

I got the PP Hanover in stainless steel. I like the look for my new transitional style kitchen but bought it because it has an anti-splash spray volume control. It's not installed yet so I hope I'm going to love it outside the box too.

o

It's a good thing this thread didn't come out until after my decision was made. It was hard enough as it was! I am able to sit back and enjoy this "parade" without second-guessing (sometimes "too late" is a good thing).

We also have the Delta Leland at both sinks, and since jrueter has already posted a picture, you don't need another one from me.

o

Totally begged for the Kohler Karbon but my DH was adamant "no". I have the Blanco Commercial style:
From Menlo Farmhouse

o

Firsthouse mp,

What brand water tap do you have? What finish?

o

Love this thread so bumping it for more pics....

o

I don't know why I'm posting now - I guess just out of excitement - but I wanted y'all to know my contractor finally brought the new Jaclo "Steam Valve Original" (mouth-full!) wall-mounted faucet over yesterday. We unwrapped it and it was SO PERDY! I got the polished stainless version instead of brushed stainless, and I got the white levers instead of the more industrial looking wheels (love the wheels too but my kitchen's too dainty for them I think). Hopefully it'll be installed in around a week - knock on wood - so I'll post pics then! Meanwhile, here again is the online pic:

Here is a link that might be useful: Like this only in polished and w/ white levers (w/ nice stripe on each lever)

o

Delta Saxony. I like it.

o

For us it was Newform all the way.

Solid, pretty and practical

robinet

o

theresse,

What are you considering installing for filtered drinking water?
With a wallmount, your countertop will be unencumbered free and clear behind the sink.

o

Theresse!! Tell me about your wall mounted faucet with pull down sprayer!! I have wall mounted faucets on my Kohler Harborview but they don't have sprayers and I really wish they did.

Photobucket

I have a Franke Orient Express faucet at my main sink, which I love.

Photobucket

o

Sorry - I just saw a couple of you wrote me. There's a pic here at the bottom of our new faucet, in the general location of where it will be placed permanently. I STILL don't know how to make the pic show up for all of you to see on its own (without your having to click on the link) but if any extra smart one of you knows how and doesn't mind showing it, please do! ;)

davidro1 - Our water here is good enough that we don't need filters, and we also have the new Samsung fridge which has filtered water in it (LOVING that, by the way!). That said, the water may not always stay so good, so maybe someday I'll want our main water to be filtered? What are you saying about having no holes in the countertop? That was intentional, so I'd have nothing to clean around...but are you saying if I ever wanted our water filtered, that I'd have to drill a hole?

Judydel - I love that sink setup you have going there! Love all of it. Also love how you have that drain board (?) sitting there on the...I think it's called positive reveal? What do you use it for?

As for my faucet, I searched high and low for a wall-mounted faucet that had a sprayer and didn't have a hose that would get in my way, which is how I finally found the Jaclo faucet. Mine is definitely funky and slightly industrial (especially if I were to use the wheel handles which I'm not), but in the end I liked the funkiness. It added a little excitement to my otherwise pretty standard period-esque kitchen. ;) The gooseneck is really more like an open channel, on which the matching hose rests. When you want your water to spray, you have two options: you can just pull down on the nozzel and it will spray in place there, or you can release it from the fixed position by unclipping it (pulling toward yourself) and then lifting it up and out of the "channel" (for lack of a better word). So then you just spray around the sink - or maybe in a coffee machine if near-by enough, and then you put it back in its resting place - over the neck - when you're done. Kinda crazy! But fun!

It's not installed yet, but here it is resting behind our new sink, giving me an idea of how it will look. I think our backsplash will be a honed calacatta subway tile which should look nice w/ all that polished stainless. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Pic of Jaclo faucet not yet installed but in general location

o

bump

o

Wow My head is going to explode. But glad that the Hans Grohe at Costco came up and the Simplice. These are both possibilities for me.

o

We recently bought the Hansgrohe Metro, and we love the way it looks. We are having a couple issues with it, and wanted to see if others are experiencing the same things.

For one, you have to turn up the water pretty high in order to get the sprayer to work well. Otherwise the center of the sprayer seems to dribble more than spray.

The other thing is that it occasionally "releases" some water when you're not using it. Maybe an hour or more after you've used it, a short shower of drops will rain down into the sink, just for a second or so.

I'm wondering if this is a defective unit, or if I'm just being picky.

FYI, we did not buy it from Costco because when we checked online it wasn't listed. Months after finding a different source (and paying more), I happened to notice a whole pallet of them in the store. Guess there's a bunch of stuff in the store that doesn't show up on the website.

o

I have the Kohler Essex in Vibrant Brazen Bronze on my prep sink, absolutely LOVE the style and would give blood for the same model with a pull-down spray, but such does not yet exist that I can find:

Moen Aberdeen in Polished Copper on my main sink. Really like the Aberdeen and love the shape of the pulldown.
Only photo I've got at the moment, this is a little far from "sink jewelry" (!) but will have to do:

o

bump

o

5/25/10 cross stitch: "Two years out we had trouble with the faucet 'freezing up' to a point where it would not swing side to side at all. I called Rohl and 2 days later I received a brand new faucet and connections plus they reimbursed the cost of the plumber to install it. Plus they enclosed a pre-paid FedEx airbill to return the malfunctioning unit. They only asked that I return the malfunctioning faucet so they could inspect it. This is a family-owned business and I can't say enough for their customer service."

Wow...they paid for the plumber? We had a Rohl de'Lux pullout, and after 2 yrs, it was frozen in place also (wouldn't swivel and began leaking). Yes, they did send a new replacement faucet, but we still had to pay a plumber to install it.

It's now been 2.5 yrs with the replacement faucet, and it too has frozen in place and started leaking. We've given up on the brand, and purchased a Moen Solidad faucet today which was actually an easy DIY project (as opposed to needing a plumber to install). We'll see how it goes.

o

Curious if anyone has tried a touch faucet, like the Delta 980T-SSSD-DST Pull-Down that keeps getting advertised?

We're still in the remodeling process (so I could show you a picture of my ugly current faucet as something not to get :P), and our top contender is the Grohe Alira because

- low profile (bar on other side of sink), so a tall one would look out of place
- grohe (for all its reputed mechanics)
- handle can be reached by left or right hand

my only reservations are the price, lack of experience with a pull-out sprayer (ours current one is pull-down & swivel head, which my husband loves), and not being able to keep it on spray mode.

link: Grohe Alira

o

I just had to add mine! Kohler Vinnata in ORB! My granite is Star Granite and backsplash is beige rhomboids with antique gold tile tacks:

Backsplash">

o

Theresse sorry for the late response. It's a free standing sink on console legs and the drainboard sits on it nicely. We use the drainboard to drain our hen house eggs after they are washed (they sit nicely in the grooves) or to drain whatever else. I've been canning tomatoes recently, so the sink and drainboard was invaluable during the whole washing, cutting, blending, removing seeds (using the foley food mill) and then pouring into the pot routine. I LOVE your wall mounted faucet with sprayer . . . I just wish it wasn't so expensive especially because I would need two!
Photobucket

o

cirone:

We ended up (at the last minute) not having enough room for the Grohe we had originally spec'd, and there also wasn't enough room for the alternate Grohe that we tried. We ended up with the Delta, and so far we really like it. The touchon/touch off feature works really well when we want to use it, and the faucet works like a regular faucet when we want that.

Jay

o

I got the Waterstone Towson Gantry in the American Bronze finish--it's not installed yet, but the link shows what it looks like.

Here is a link that might be useful: our faucet

o

Very timely for me. We're just starting to research faucets and sinks. I'm finding that the 2 really go hand in hand.

o

bump - This thread is great!

o

We are going with the same as trailrunner. The Chicago gooseneck wallmount in chrome.
We wanted a vintage vibe and the only thing that could make it more perfect is an attached soap dish... oh well, lol.
Photobucket

o

bump- am just looking into faucets- great thread!

o

Judydel - I just saw YOUR response to my response! ;)

Thanks for liking the faucet - it was such a hard decision! I think my taaaall gooseneck would be too much with your sink if you had two side by sides as you do...and furthermore I think the ones you have are so perfect with your sink/setup. That said, my faucet does come in a smaller version:

http://www.jaclo.com/products/detail?pid=797&cid=123

My tile STILL isn't up...I can't believe what a nightmare this whole thing has turned into! But nonetheless here's a pic of the faucet actually installed!

Nickel hardware, installed faucet

...and here's a closer one:

Faucet closer up

...and here's an ever closer-up one:

Even closer up

You can see how there's a hose hiding on top of the gooseneck (hidden within it, since it's really more of a channel). It was installed slightly unevenly (ugh - my luck of course!) but other than that, I LOVE the faucet. It works like a charm and is unique. :)

Hope that helps! Getting there slowly. Sloooooooowly.....

o

@theresse, do you mean installed unevenly as far as being centered under the two windows? (I can't tell if that's what you mean from the photos, which should tell you that it's completely fine! ;) If so, that might be because it was the only option---your windows look identical to ours, and I think our houses are about the same age. Our house has a stud that drops right down the center there, where the moulding between the two windows is. There was no way to install the faucet exactly centered below them without pulling it out from the wall or cutting out the stud---so ours is ever so slightly off. It bugged me when they first put it up, but then I realized that the old one must have been exactly the same since it was essentially the same faucet, and I never, ever noticed it. So, can't be too much of an issue! Our bigger quandary is now whether to center the sink under the faucet or the windows...we have room to do either. Argh!

o

Artemis78 - I mean that the faucet's horizontally off a bit. If you look super closely you can see that the right handle dips downward a bit. That's as far as the faucet can go (can be turned off) and the level tool shows the bubble's far to one side within the center frame, just touching (if not slightly beyond) the border of that center area, if that makes sense. My contractor keeps tweaking it (before he sealed in the wall) but then it slips back. The plumber should have fixed this problem but my f'ing contractor is too embarrassed to ask the plumber to come back and fix it, presumably because anyone who would care - since it's not noticeable at first - is too anal. I think he also wants to be on good standing with this rather intimidating plumber. My contractor's kinda passive in a way and I think is worried he could insult the plumber but maybe that's just me projecting! I'm one of those people who ALWAYS sees when something's not level or even - and yes I hate that about myself.

o

theresse - I love, love, love your faucet - it looks amazing. So classic and so unique at the same time.

o

artemis i would center the sink under the faucet. Not the windows.

theresse, some pipe fastening methods allow one to move the pipes later, as an afterthought. If so, an 1/8th of an inch is not a problem. Raising one pipe or lowering the other. You only need a 1/16th inch adjustment. Your plumber will know if your pipes were secured in the wall in a way that enables, or prevents this. Call him and read the preceding sentences to his voice mail. Call back later, for the answer to your query. If no answer, repeat the question as if it were the first time you asked. Repeat this, until you reach him. Problem solved. Alternate communication : email him the question, and write that you will call for his answer. He may choose to respond by email. It might be simpler for him.

o

Oh, I see. The one in the bathroom with the patterned tiles is by Duravit called Happy D. I didn't even know I had a photo of it on Flikr.

o

This is one of my favorite threads. So many beautiful sink and faucet combinations!

o

I love my farm sink. It's Koehler "Hawthorne" discontinued, and my faucet, which I also love, is Cifial "Brunkswick", also discontinued. The higher the faucet, or the more articulating, the easier it is to use it with big pots.

I guess it's not clear, but this is a very heavy, antiqued brass. There is braid detail around the faucet and handles, but it's subtle. I'm rather plain.

If I had one wish, I would wish it were even bigger.
If I had a wish about my faucet, I'd wish I'd thought of wall-mounted ones before the plumbing was rebuilt.

I hope you'll ignore the junk and mess. Not only am I finishing drywall, I'm building the drawer under the sink (I didn't want useless doors where you can't see anything!) and I'm also building all my cabinets.

I love my sink I actually have two of them, but that's another story.

Christine

o

Can I bump this for more? I'm eagerly drinking in these pictures. However, as they *all* look wonderful, I'm not sure they're very helpful in narrowing the range! :) Still, Please post yours proudly.... Those of us teetering along the knife-edge of decision appreciate it immensely.

o

bump bump!

o

Bump -- great thread!

o

I found a lovely black Kohler Gilford sink on craigslist, which meant that I needed to find a wall-mount faucet that made me happy. I ended up getting the Chicago 509-gclcp with Adapta pre-rinse and swapped out the long arched spout for the 13" double-jointed swing spout. The original spout was too long and splashed, but the double-jointed spout is fantastic.

I really wanted one of the arched pre-rinses with the spring, but I just didn't have the clearance. That's ok, I'm perfectly happy now!

o

bump

o

I am doing a modern kitchen. White inset cabs ect. I need to buy a faucet and sink next. Looking at the new Grohe K7. If anyone out there has installed one please let me know what you think of it? A photo would be great too.
Thanks
Sam

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here