Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rococogurl

Which Kitchen Faucet Did You Pick?

rococogurl
13 years ago

This is more or less a classic post -- last one I remember was a few years back when the Grohe Ladylux was pretty much #1 followed by various bridge faucets with gooseneck spouts (if anyone has that link please post -- it was a long thread).

Things have changed so much with faucets and sinks I thought it might be fun to get a snapshot of what people have on the main and prep sinks right now.

I'll start off. I have a KWC Systema pulldown with a Newport Brass cold water faucet for the filtered with a Julien 3211 ss 10" deepp sink.

In our weekend place I have the Dornbracht Profi with Side sprayer together withe the Rohl 30" farm sink and a Hansgrohe Axor stainless steel pull out faucet in the mudroom with an Elkay D-shaped ss drop in.

You and yours?

Comments (136)

• nishka
    13 years ago

I got the PP Hanover in stainless steel. I like the look for my new transitional style kitchen but bought it because it has an anti-splash spray volume control. It's not installed yet so I hope I'm going to love it outside the box too.

• jsweenc
    13 years ago

It's a good thing this thread didn't come out until after my decision was made. It was hard enough as it was! I am able to sit back and enjoy this "parade" without second-guessing (sometimes "too late" is a good thing).

We also have the Delta Leland at both sinks, and since jrueter has already posted a picture, you don't need another one from me.

• firstmmo
    13 years ago

Totally begged for the Kohler Karbon but my DH was adamant "no". I have the Blanco Commercial style:

From Menlo Farmhouse

• roxy1234
    13 years ago

Firsthouse mp,

What brand water tap do you have? What finish?

• allnewappliances
    13 years ago

Love this thread so bumping it for more pics....

• theresse
    13 years ago

I don't know why I'm posting now - I guess just out of excitement - but I wanted y'all to know my contractor finally brought the new Jaclo "Steam Valve Original" (mouth-full!) wall-mounted faucet over yesterday. We unwrapped it and it was SO PERDY! I got the polished stainless version instead of brushed stainless, and I got the white levers instead of the more industrial looking wheels (love the wheels too but my kitchen's too dainty for them I think). Hopefully it'll be installed in around a week - knock on wood - so I'll post pics then! Meanwhile, here again is the online pic:

Here is a link that might be useful: Like this only in polished and w/ white levers (w/ nice stripe on each lever)

• Mick Mick
    13 years ago

Delta Saxony. I like it.

• opusa33
    13 years ago

For us it was Newform all the way.

Solid, pretty and practical

• davidro1
    13 years ago

theresse,

What are you considering installing for filtered drinking water?
    With a wallmount, your countertop will be unencumbered free and clear behind the sink.

• judydel
    13 years ago

Theresse!! Tell me about your wall mounted faucet with pull down sprayer!! I have wall mounted faucets on my Kohler Harborview but they don't have sprayers and I really wish they did.

I have a Franke Orient Express faucet at my main sink, which I love.

• theresse
    13 years ago

Sorry - I just saw a couple of you wrote me. There's a pic here at the bottom of our new faucet, in the general location of where it will be placed permanently. I STILL don't know how to make the pic show up for all of you to see on its own (without your having to click on the link) but if any extra smart one of you knows how and doesn't mind showing it, please do! ;)

davidro1 - Our water here is good enough that we don't need filters, and we also have the new Samsung fridge which has filtered water in it (LOVING that, by the way!). That said, the water may not always stay so good, so maybe someday I'll want our main water to be filtered? What are you saying about having no holes in the countertop? That was intentional, so I'd have nothing to clean around...but are you saying if I ever wanted our water filtered, that I'd have to drill a hole?

Judydel - I love that sink setup you have going there! Love all of it. Also love how you have that drain board (?) sitting there on the...I think it's called positive reveal? What do you use it for?

As for my faucet, I searched high and low for a wall-mounted faucet that had a sprayer and didn't have a hose that would get in my way, which is how I finally found the Jaclo faucet. Mine is definitely funky and slightly industrial (especially if I were to use the wheel handles which I'm not), but in the end I liked the funkiness. It added a little excitement to my otherwise pretty standard period-esque kitchen. ;) The gooseneck is really more like an open channel, on which the matching hose rests. When you want your water to spray, you have two options: you can just pull down on the nozzel and it will spray in place there, or you can release it from the fixed position by unclipping it (pulling toward yourself) and then lifting it up and out of the "channel" (for lack of a better word). So then you just spray around the sink - or maybe in a coffee machine if near-by enough, and then you put it back in its resting place - over the neck - when you're done. Kinda crazy! But fun!

It's not installed yet, but here it is resting behind our new sink, giving me an idea of how it will look. I think our backsplash will be a honed calacatta subway tile which should look nice w/ all that polished stainless. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Pic of Jaclo faucet not yet installed but in general location

• kodak1
    13 years ago

bump

• beasweet
    13 years ago

Wow My head is going to explode. But glad that the Hans Grohe at Costco came up and the Simplice. These are both possibilities for me.

• dan_in_austin
    13 years ago

We recently bought the Hansgrohe Metro, and we love the way it looks. We are having a couple issues with it, and wanted to see if others are experiencing the same things.

For one, you have to turn up the water pretty high in order to get the sprayer to work well. Otherwise the center of the sprayer seems to dribble more than spray.

The other thing is that it occasionally "releases" some water when you're not using it. Maybe an hour or more after you've used it, a short shower of drops will rain down into the sink, just for a second or so.

I'm wondering if this is a defective unit, or if I'm just being picky.

FYI, we did not buy it from Costco because when we checked online it wasn't listed. Months after finding a different source (and paying more), I happened to notice a whole pallet of them in the store. Guess there's a bunch of stuff in the store that doesn't show up on the website.

• Circus Peanut
    13 years ago

I have the Kohler Essex in Vibrant Brazen Bronze on my prep sink, absolutely LOVE the style and would give blood for the same model with a pull-down spray, but such does not yet exist that I can find:

Moen Aberdeen in Polished Copper on my main sink. Really like the Aberdeen and love the shape of the pulldown.
    Only photo I've got at the moment, this is a little far from "sink jewelry" (!) but will have to do:

• countrygirl217
    13 years ago

bump

• cats2
    13 years ago

5/25/10 cross stitch: "Two years out we had trouble with the faucet 'freezing up' to a point where it would not swing side to side at all. I called Rohl and 2 days later I received a brand new faucet and connections plus they reimbursed the cost of the plumber to install it. Plus they enclosed a pre-paid FedEx airbill to return the malfunctioning unit. They only asked that I return the malfunctioning faucet so they could inspect it. This is a family-owned business and I can't say enough for their customer service."

Wow...they paid for the plumber? We had a Rohl de'Lux pullout, and after 2 yrs, it was frozen in place also (wouldn't swivel and began leaking). Yes, they did send a new replacement faucet, but we still had to pay a plumber to install it.

It's now been 2.5 yrs with the replacement faucet, and it too has frozen in place and started leaking. We've given up on the brand, and purchased a Moen Solidad faucet today which was actually an easy DIY project (as opposed to needing a plumber to install). We'll see how it goes.

• cirone
    13 years ago

Curious if anyone has tried a touch faucet, like the Delta 980T-SSSD-DST Pull-Down that keeps getting advertised?

We're still in the remodeling process (so I could show you a picture of my ugly current faucet as something not to get :P), and our top contender is the Grohe Alira because

- low profile (bar on other side of sink), so a tall one would look out of place
    - grohe (for all its reputed mechanics)
    - handle can be reached by left or right hand

my only reservations are the price, lack of experience with a pull-out sprayer (ours current one is pull-down & swivel head, which my husband loves), and not being able to keep it on spray mode.

link: Grohe Alira

• luvmyhouse_2010
    13 years ago

I just had to add mine! Kohler Vinnata in ORB! My granite is Star Granite and backsplash is beige rhomboids with antique gold tile tacks:

">

• judydel
    13 years ago

Theresse sorry for the late response. It's a free standing sink on console legs and the drainboard sits on it nicely. We use the drainboard to drain our hen house eggs after they are washed (they sit nicely in the grooves) or to drain whatever else. I've been canning tomatoes recently, so the sink and drainboard was invaluable during the whole washing, cutting, blending, removing seeds (using the foley food mill) and then pouring into the pot routine. I LOVE your wall mounted faucet with sprayer . . . I just wish it wasn't so expensive especially because I would need two!

• jolsongoude
    13 years ago

cirone:

We ended up (at the last minute) not having enough room for the Grohe we had originally spec'd, and there also wasn't enough room for the alternate Grohe that we tried. We ended up with the Delta, and so far we really like it. The touchon/touch off feature works really well when we want to use it, and the faucet works like a regular faucet when we want that.

Jay

• honeychurch
    13 years ago

I got the Waterstone Towson Gantry in the American Bronze finish--it's not installed yet, but the link shows what it looks like.

Here is a link that might be useful: our faucet

• fiddleddd
    13 years ago

Very timely for me. We're just starting to research faucets and sinks. I'm finding that the 2 really go hand in hand.

• Noma Finney
    13 years ago

bump - This thread is great!

• dianalo
    13 years ago

We are going with the same as trailrunner. The Chicago gooseneck wallmount in chrome.
    We wanted a vintage vibe and the only thing that could make it more perfect is an attached soap dish... oh well, lol.
    {{!gwi}}

• beachpea3
    13 years ago

bump- am just looking into faucets- great thread!

• theresse
    13 years ago

Judydel - I just saw YOUR response to my response! ;)

Thanks for liking the faucet - it was such a hard decision! I think my taaaall gooseneck would be too much with your sink if you had two side by sides as you do...and furthermore I think the ones you have are so perfect with your sink/setup. That said, my faucet does come in a smaller version:

http://www.jaclo.com/products/detail?pid=797&cid=123

My tile STILL isn't up...I can't believe what a nightmare this whole thing has turned into! But nonetheless here's a pic of the faucet actually installed!

...and here's a closer one:

...and here's an ever closer-up one:

You can see how there's a hose hiding on top of the gooseneck (hidden within it, since it's really more of a channel). It was installed slightly unevenly (ugh - my luck of course!) but other than that, I LOVE the faucet. It works like a charm and is unique. :)

Hope that helps! Getting there slowly. Sloooooooowly.....

• artemis78
    13 years ago

@theresse, do you mean installed unevenly as far as being centered under the two windows? (I can't tell if that's what you mean from the photos, which should tell you that it's completely fine! ;) If so, that might be because it was the only option---your windows look identical to ours, and I think our houses are about the same age. Our house has a stud that drops right down the center there, where the moulding between the two windows is. There was no way to install the faucet exactly centered below them without pulling it out from the wall or cutting out the stud---so ours is ever so slightly off. It bugged me when they first put it up, but then I realized that the old one must have been exactly the same since it was essentially the same faucet, and I never, ever noticed it. So, can't be too much of an issue! Our bigger quandary is now whether to center the sink under the faucet or the windows...we have room to do either. Argh!

• theresse
    13 years ago

Artemis78 - I mean that the faucet's horizontally off a bit. If you look super closely you can see that the right handle dips downward a bit. That's as far as the faucet can go (can be turned off) and the level tool shows the bubble's far to one side within the center frame, just touching (if not slightly beyond) the border of that center area, if that makes sense. My contractor keeps tweaking it (before he sealed in the wall) but then it slips back. The plumber should have fixed this problem but my f'ing contractor is too embarrassed to ask the plumber to come back and fix it, presumably because anyone who would care - since it's not noticeable at first - is too anal. I think he also wants to be on good standing with this rather intimidating plumber. My contractor's kinda passive in a way and I think is worried he could insult the plumber but maybe that's just me projecting! I'm one of those people who ALWAYS sees when something's not level or even - and yes I hate that about myself.

• lala girl
    13 years ago

theresse - I love, love, love your faucet - it looks amazing. So classic and so unique at the same time.

• davidro1
    13 years ago

artemis i would center the sink under the faucet. Not the windows.

theresse, some pipe fastening methods allow one to move the pipes later, as an afterthought. If so, an 1/8th of an inch is not a problem. Raising one pipe or lowering the other. You only need a 1/16th inch adjustment. Your plumber will know if your pipes were secured in the wall in a way that enables, or prevents this. Call him and read the preceding sentences to his voice mail. Call back later, for the answer to your query. If no answer, repeat the question as if it were the first time you asked. Repeat this, until you reach him. Problem solved. Alternate communication : email him the question, and write that you will call for his answer. He may choose to respond by email. It might be simpler for him.

• bickybee
    13 years ago

Oh, I see. The one in the bathroom with the patterned tiles is by Duravit called Happy D. I didn't even know I had a photo of it on Flikr.

• luvmyhouse_2010
    13 years ago

This is one of my favorite threads. So many beautiful sink and faucet combinations!

• cfmuehling
    13 years ago

I love my farm sink. It's Koehler "Hawthorne" discontinued, and my faucet, which I also love, is Cifial "Brunkswick", also discontinued. The higher the faucet, or the more articulating, the easier it is to use it with big pots.

I guess it's not clear, but this is a very heavy, antiqued brass. There is braid detail around the faucet and handles, but it's subtle. I'm rather plain.

If I had one wish, I would wish it were even bigger.
    If I had a wish about my faucet, I'd wish I'd thought of wall-mounted ones before the plumbing was rebuilt.

I hope you'll ignore the junk and mess. Not only am I finishing drywall, I'm building the drawer under the sink (I didn't want useless doors where you can't see anything!) and I'm also building all my cabinets.

I love my sink I actually have two of them, but that's another story.

Christine

• aliris19
    12 years ago

Can I bump this for more? I'm eagerly drinking in these pictures. However, as they *all* look wonderful, I'm not sure they're very helpful in narrowing the range! :) Still, Please post yours proudly.... Those of us teetering along the knife-edge of decision appreciate it immensely.

• cplover
    12 years ago

bump bump!

• jgs7691
    12 years ago

Bump -- great thread!

• turbogrrl
    12 years ago

I found a lovely black Kohler Gilford sink on craigslist, which meant that I needed to find a wall-mount faucet that made me happy. I ended up getting the Chicago 509-gclcp with Adapta pre-rinse and swapped out the long arched spout for the 13" double-jointed swing spout. The original spout was too long and splashed, but the double-jointed spout is fantastic.

I really wanted one of the arched pre-rinses with the spring, but I just didn't have the clearance. That's ok, I'm perfectly happy now!

• brandia35
    11 years ago

bump

• marioncohen1
    11 years ago

I am doing a modern kitchen. White inset cabs ect. I need to buy a faucet and sink next. Looking at the new Grohe K7. If anyone out there has installed one please let me know what you think of it? A photo would be great too.
    Thanks
    Sam

• thankurnmo
    8 years ago

Timely!!

• summery
    7 years ago

This is an oooooold thread, but so useful, as I'm looking for feedback on wall-mounted faucets with spray heads as part of the faucet vs as a separate spigot, and theresse has recommended the jaclo one which I'm very interested in, so if you're still around, theresse, I'd love to know what you think of your jaclo faucet nearly 6 years later!

http://www.jaclo.com/products/detail?pid=796&cid=123

• jupidupi
    7 years ago

Glad I saw this old thread. Circus Peanut, all that copper is gorgeous! I just wanted to put in a good word for the Kraus Mateo. Bought it for the "Machine Age" look in our art deco apt, and am really enjoying it. Love that it's easy to bump on when my hands are full. But nervous that soon my very smart cat, who loves water, will figure out how to turn it on, too.

• rcvt
    7 years ago

Update on living six years with a Kohler Karbon wall mount:

I still completely love it. The wall mount makes cleaning the back-of-sink area easy. In my small kitchen, it also serves as a hands-free pot filler. The flexibility of positions that it can allow gives me a third hand whenever I need it, which is daily.

Is it possible to be in love with a faucet? We were meant for each other. :)

rcvt

• summery
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

rcvt - interesting, and thanks for sharing! Someone else just recommended it to me, and to my eyes the Kohler Karbon looked like it wouldn't last....what style is your kitchen - very modern, or....?

• rcvt
    7 years ago

Hi summery. Well, six years of daily use and no drips or malfunctions of any kind suggest that it will last. (I hope.) So far, so good. My small kitchen is gently contemporary and it's positioned in the middle of open-concept LR, DR, and FR. The ceilings are 14 feet and the south side of the house is basically all windows. The walls are full of eclectic art. The Karbon seems to fit in comfortably with our well-worn mostly contemporary furniture and textiles, a few antiques, tons of plants, and many musical instruments. I can see the Karbon from every room on this level except the bathroom. :)

I'd show you a pic but my DH has asked us not to post photos.

• summery
    7 years ago
    rcvt - thanks for the description - and no worries about not posting photos, your description gave me a pretty good idea of your style, I think, and I can see how this faucet would fit in aesthetically. Definitely has me looking for one in our area so I can see it in real life.
  • Macswim
    6 years ago

great thread....looking for more!

• June E
    6 years ago

I was just about to ask about faucets, and here is the great faucet post!