Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tile backsplash behind range and and grout maintenance

Posted by pton57 (My Page) on
Thu, May 9, 13 at 12:16

Hi,

For the backsplash behind our range top, we are choosing stainless steel mosaic tile or a stainless steel sheet. One consideration is the maintenance over time of the grout used for the tile.

For those who have a tile backsplash behind the range, I would appreciate if you would let me know if you find that the grout back there gets particularly dirty due to the proximity to the cooking surface, or no?

Also, specific to those who have used stainless steel tile (mosaic or otherwise), what color grout did you use?

Thanks...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tile backsplash behind range and and grout maintenance

Save up your worn out toothbrushes if you have any grout behind the burners.

o

What about using dimensions grout? I have heard it is a very good product, resistant to mildew, doesn't require sealing and easier to clean. More expensive, but if it does what it says it does it's worth it. Anyone have it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Bostick Dimensions grout

o

We used a latte colored epoxy grout.
Laticrete Spectralock
So far it's great with clean up!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here