Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mudworm_gw

Soap dispenser seeps (overflows) from the top. Fix?

mudworm
10 years ago

I really like the convenience of my soap dispenser. The problem is the liquid soap does not just go directly from the straw to the dispenser hose (where it exits), but it also accumulates right under the pump cap. It has always done that. But now that I've switched to a NeverMT kinda setup using a longer hose that goes from the straw to a large bottle in the sink base, the problem becomes more annoying because the accumulated soap would follow the hose downward and drip down.

If you've had this problem before, you know what I'm talking about. Does anyone have a cure other than changing out the soap dispenser?

Here is a link to the model, but I think the problem is not specific to this model.

Comments (3)

• Shira S
    10 years ago

Yes, its usually because the top piece is somewhat clogged. I use a toothpick to clean it out from both ends, run hot water through it and then put it back. Works like a charm!

• mudworm
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hmm... Thanks for that tip. Although I don't think our spout was ever really clogged, but your experience got me thinking..it might be a combination of fast pumping (due to lack of patience from the operator) and high viscosity of the dawn detergent (slow exiting) that resulted in accumulation of the liquid in the cap. I don't think I can do anything about the lack of patience part, so I might need to clean out the cap and spout and also dilute the liquid in the bottle.

Thanks for the help!

• mudworm
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just an update in case someone came to this old thread by searching. I think the design of that Hansgrohe is flawed, or at least it's flaw prone. After tried various remedies (diluting the detergent, taping up a leak hole in the stem, etc.) I gave up. Mess aside, it almost never delivers at the first pump.

Taking the clue from a GW thread, I bought a generic soap dispenser from Lowes. Works like charm. I'm impressed that it comes out at the first pump after we returned from a five day trip.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH