Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisadlu

POLL: Pull down or pull out sprayer?

lisadlu
9 years ago

Do you prefer a kitchen faucet with a pull down or a pull out sprayer?

Comments (19)

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Pull down - pull out seems awkward to me, as you're pulling it toward yourself, which is not where the things you're washing are!

• mark_rachel
    9 years ago

I like the idea of a pull down, but I HATE seeing them hang there if they are not put back in their place. So for a clean look I went for the pull out. I love it!!

• ck_squared
    9 years ago

I have one of each and love them both equally. :D

• crl_
    9 years ago

I have never had a pull down. I'm planning on another pull out at this point mostly because I don't want a high goose neck faucet.

• PhoneLady
    9 years ago

Just replaced my sink/pullout faucet with under mount sink and pull down. Love them both. Would never want to go back to pullout. I love the new look and the improved functionality.

• sprtphntc7a
    9 years ago

Pull Down!!! same reasons as shockey said....so much easier to clean/rinse sink, you are never working against yourself or the hose...

get one with a magnetic catch and u will not have the problem with it hanging down....mine goes right back and have never had a problem with that... i have hansgrohe "talis C" for over 2 years and nary a problem....

• annkh_nd
    9 years ago

Neither - I have a side spray.

• andreak100
    9 years ago

Love my pull down, probably would be hard pressed to go with anything different ever again.

Ours is a Moen - no magnet, but it goes right back up to where it should (there's a weight on the cord underneath the sink) and has been doing so pretty flawlessly for about 3 years now.

• jellytoast
    9 years ago

Pull-out in my laundry sink ... it feels awkward to use. Pull-down in the kitchen sink with magnetic docking ... like it much better.

• ardcp
    9 years ago

pull down! i have never had one before and think it's the best thing in my kitchen! it is a delta trinisic in arctic stainless, btw.

• Iowacommute
    9 years ago

I have never liked the pull outs which I've had every place I've ever lived. It always seems to turn and spray me if I have to move it around or put it down.

I've never had a pull down, but that is what I want for our next house.

• gabbythecat
    9 years ago

Pull down - never had one before, but I like it a lot. Ours has a magnetic dock, but sometimes the sprayer still hangs down if I don't feed it back into the faucet. I think it can become twisted when I use it, and so doesn't want to return "home". But untwisting/refeeding is simple and instinctive. Not a problem.

• OOTM_Mom
    9 years ago

Neither.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    9 years ago

Pull down, definitely. When I played with the pull outs in the store, felt awkward. The pull down is so simple!

• gothaml
    9 years ago

Another vote for side spray.

• lazy_gardens
    9 years ago

Don't make you decision on the likes of strangers ... it's a question of how you prefer to get the sprayer out.

• khinmn92
    9 years ago

Pull down is my favorite. Incredibly easy to use. Previously had side sprays and ended up never using them because they were hard to pull out, twisted and hard to put back into place.

• gale1965
    9 years ago

I like my pull-down. I did some research first and found that Delta seems to have the best magnet system to keep it in place (or at least they did last summer when I was doing my research). We've only had ours installed for a few months but so far so good. I have trouble with the sprayer not staying on a stream setting so Delta is sending me a new sprayer.

• feisty68
    9 years ago

I also have the delta trinsic pull-down. I really like the magnetic docking feature. We have a low quality pull-down in the complex kitchen and it is really annoying - you have to push it in and it doesn't feel ergonomic at all. I'd rather have a side spray than that.