Thu, May 16, 13 at 11:43

3x6 subways, 2" hex and herringbone mosaic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bianco carrara - builder depot samples

Is this an ad?

o

No, it is not an ad. bridgetmalone has been posting legitimate questions about her upcoming reno. I would suspect she is looking for feedback on those options.

I love marble tiles for a backsplash. However, it is a little hard to know whether they are right for your kitchen without knowing what your other choices are. What countertops and cabs are you using?

Below I have linked to a thread about enduring's herringbone marble backsplash.

Also, check out KevinMP's lovely marble backsplash.

Here is a link that might be useful: enduring's herringbone backsplash

o

I sampled the 3x6 and a basketweave from them, and was pleased with the clear white in the background of the 3x6. Shipping was going to be bear, however, across country.

o

So I had my settings such that I didn't see anyone's helpful responses - I'm such a newbie! Yes, these were samples that I ordered, but decided not to go ceramic. I found pictures posted of samples by others to be quite helpful. Thanks!

o

I put those 1X2 herringbone on my powder room floor and love it. I think it would be awesome as a backsplash !

o

i would love to see the herringbone mosaic as a blacksplash! we put it in our foyer and we're seriously considering carrying it over to the kitchen backsplash (depending on what we choose for counter).

o

We recently used the small tiles you have shown in the herringbone pattern only straight across on the face of a tub in a bathroom, it looks great. Then we used 12 x 12 diagonally placed Carrera marble tile on the floor, then a cut slab Carrera on the double vanity. We used very pale gray grout. We're very pleased with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here