Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kitchen sink dilemma

Posted by vintgal (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 14 at 11:39

Updating a kitchen.. So far I have white cabinets, med dark wood floor, Corian countertops in whipped cream..I want this kitchen to have vintage feel.. There is a shelf over the sink window and the select cabinets have feet. My plan is to let my fiestaware provide the color. The dilemma is the sink.. Originally, the Riverby sink by Kohler was my focus..but I am concerned about chipping..The blanco diamond single bowl is an option but I am not sure it has the vintage look... Opinions welcome...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kitchen sink dilemma

I like the blanco diamond option. My friend has a sink like this that blends with her country French decorations. It just blends into the background if the counters are a similar material. I think they provide a clean palette to work from.

o

vintgal:

I think it's crazy to have Corian and not take advantage of seamed undermount sinks. No positive or negative reveals to catch/hide crud. If you don't like any of the solid surface sinks, you owe it to yourself to at least look at the stainless steel models from Karran. I've got the E330 "D" single bowl and love it:

Here is a link that might be useful: Edge Sinks

o

My previous kitchen had a solid surface integrated sink..after 15 years it had some cracks.. the sink has to be cut out to be replaced. that is a pricey fix.. that's why I am not going down that path. Stainless steel is not for me.. The kitchen appliances etc will be white...

o

Try Ceco sinks. They have been making sinks since the '20's. we used the 754UM for our 1929 kitchen addition.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ceco Sinks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here