Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rocks911

Caldera gas cook top experiences

rocks911
12 years ago

I'm looking into purchasing a Caldera 30" gas cooktop. I ran into a forum thread on this site from a few years back:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg1215071623011.html

and was looking for updates about Calderas cooktops. I'm looking at the Caldera CASSK305S from Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center:

http://www.universal-akb.com/cassk305s.html

Unfortunately the 800 number for Caldera rings into Eurochef so I dont know as there is any way to contact Caldera directly. In the old forum thread that a pasted above there was a mention of a Caldera rep named Al and a number to reach him. The number is no longer a good number. Is there any way of contacting this company directly?

The price on the unit is pretty incredible but sometimes you get what you pay for so I'm a little concerned.

Any comments would be appreciated

Comments (4)

• rocks911
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I went to Calderas home page and found a list of authorized dealers. None were in my area, Dallas, and of those listed with a website none listed a Caldera product.

Seems like Caldera barely exists if it exists at all

• stei7141
    12 years ago

This is the what I posted on the appliance forum in the fall of 2010 in response to someone's inquiry about Caldera:

I have a 36" cooktop that was installed in the fall of 2009. I purchased it via a vendor I found on eBay for a great price. Since I had never cooked on gas before, I'm not sure how I can compare the Caldera (my previous cooking surface was a 1966 electric coil cooktop of which only two coils worked) to other gas cooktops. That being said, I like the Caldera very much. I do find even the small burners to be rather powerful, so I sometimes use the two-hob induction cooktop that we have on our island for things like multi-hour soup simmering and the like. The one issue I had with the Caldera had to do with replacing the center grate (the design changed, but we had the older model grate). The person with whom I dealt at Eurostoves was wonderful about providing service; he ended up sending three sets of grates before everything worked out, but he sent them quickly and at no charge. We did decide to get an extended warranty on the Caldera although, after speaking with various plumbers and appliance people, my understanding is that there's not all that much that can go wrong and that most repair people would be able to fix any problem. I hope this helps.

I'm still very happy with our Caldera. I suggest you call Eurostoves and ask them about the line. I would imagine they'd be happy to give you their comments. Good luck!

• detroit_burb
    12 years ago

I just purchased one from aj madison and it looked like it had been left in a warehouse for many years, and was all dusty and dirty, but no scratches. still dealing with aj about it. it has not been installed so i cannot comment on performance.

• iroll_gw
    12 years ago

I am also looking into purchasing a Caldera cooktop, and was wondering if someone with a 30" model could post the measurements from the centers of the front burners to the centers of the back burners. I'm trying to decide if a 36" would be better, (or not). Thanks!

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations