Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skaun

Visible Seam in Black Galaxy Granite

skaun
9 years ago

Hi All,
I'm in the middle of a minor kitchen update and updating my countertops with Black Galaxy granite.

It's a raised bar countertop and about 130" on both levels so I had to use multiple slabs and deal with seams.

My issue is the seams are very visible, rough to the touch, and I'm not sure it that's normal. It was my impression that the seams should be almost invisible.

I've posted pics and wanted to know what you guys think. The pics were taken with my camera phone so the quality may not be that great. The granite itself is very dark, but the seam is also very visible.

Also, when I rub my hands over it, it's not as smooth. I've seen other posts where tissue clings on, but that's not the case. I just have spots that are rough. When I look straight down, it looks fine. But at eye level - SOMETHING MOST PEOPLE NEVER DO - I can see all those nicks. I'm not sure if this is normal. It just feels as if something dried on it.

PS: the counters are not yet done as they still have to install the backsplash. Also, there might be a reflection from the overhead lighting. The image quality is not that great, but

Thanks!