Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beadboard pics

Posted by mominthedubc (My Page) on
Tue, May 13, 08 at 11:23

Hi, if anyone can post pics of beadboard that you have used in your kitchen, I would appreciate it. We are thinking of using beadboard and another type of cabinet in the kitchen, but are not sure if we should use it on the island or the rest of the kitchen. My DH is not 100% sure about the BB to begin with... Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beadboard pics

Here's my set of Flickr photos to date, which aren't very good and show a WIP. The island is white with beadboard and the perimeter cabinets are maple; the big white panel with the oh-so-attractive dog food bag will be beadboard. You can't see it in the photos but the back of the bookshelf is also beadboard. I didn't have beadboard on the small drawer fronts because my KD thought it would look too busy, but I'm sorta having second thoughts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen WIP

o

Thanks, bluekit. I have heard the same thing about the BB looking too busy or like a jail, if you use too much. I really like it but don't know how much to use.

o

If I recall, acountryfarm has used beadboard in various places too - look for her posts.

o

I have beadboard on kitchen cabs. I have it several other places as well. Nothing is painted yet, I hope it might help you a bit. The room next to kitchen on one side is dining room, we did paneling type wainscot in there to cut down on busyness.
On the other side of kitchen is breakfast room. I did do 8 ft. tall beadboard in there as that is the way we wanted it to look and feel. It will all be painted white when its finished.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

I did all Beadboard cabinets. I am at work and do not have access to the pictures. I'll try to post some tonight if you want.

This is the only one I have here:
Photobucket

o

Mygar and Acountryfarm, Thanks for posting the pictures, this really helps.

o

Here's another one:

Photobucket

o

Not so long ago, I started a thread asking for photos of beadboard cabs. The responses showed beadboard usage in a variety of ways, including cabs, islands and backsplashes.

Check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Show Me Your Beadboard Cabinets

o

I'm not sure yet if I love, love, love my BB cabs. However, my KD tried to convince me to go with BB drawers as well, and I'm very glad we stuck with "slab," b/c it would have been too much for us otherwise.

(Avert your eyes from the mess...)

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Marthavila, Thank you so much for sending the link to all the BB cabs, that was great! Gatorjaw, what mess? Thanks for your honesty about not being so in love w/ the BB. BTW, I think what you did with the combo cabs looks great & the paneled DW looks great.

o

I definitely wanted it somewhere in my kitchen as I've always loved the look. We just used a little in the desk area:
Photobucket

o

I really do love the Beadboard. Somebody wrote here not to get beadboard on Oak because of the grain but I really do love mine. I love the grain.

Anyway, I didn't put beadboard on the drawers either because I thought it would be too much. I'm also happy with that decision.

o

We're doing all beadboard cabinets too.

I'll snap some shots tonight or tomorrow morning and post. They are finishing up trim today.

o

Here's a picture of my painted bead board cabinets. I love them. It is a definite, country look though and not for everybody. I also preferred the slab drawers to break it up.

New stove, hood and glass backsplash

o

Oh my, they ALL look good. It's great to see the different colors and combinations. Great ideas. Can't wait to see more clever uses.

o

Here are a few of ours in progress. Our concept was just acouple painted, distressed beadboard cabinets designed like hutches with the interior of the open Island cabinets carrying the look thru

Here is a link that might be useful: more pics

o

Berry...thanks so much, this helps a lot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here