Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mominthedubc

Beadboard pics

mominthedubc
15 years ago

Hi, if anyone can post pics of beadboard that you have used in your kitchen, I would appreciate it. We are thinking of using beadboard and another type of cabinet in the kitchen, but are not sure if we should use it on the island or the rest of the kitchen. My DH is not 100% sure about the BB to begin with... Thanks.

Comments (17)

• bluekitobsessed
    15 years ago

Here's my set of Flickr photos to date, which aren't very good and show a WIP. The island is white with beadboard and the perimeter cabinets are maple; the big white panel with the oh-so-attractive dog food bag will be beadboard. You can't see it in the photos but the back of the bookshelf is also beadboard. I didn't have beadboard on the small drawer fronts because my KD thought it would look too busy, but I'm sorta having second thoughts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen WIP

• mominthedubc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, bluekit. I have heard the same thing about the BB looking too busy or like a jail, if you use too much. I really like it but don't know how much to use.

• mnhockeymom
    15 years ago

If I recall, acountryfarm has used beadboard in various places too - look for her posts.

• acountryfarm
    15 years ago

I have beadboard on kitchen cabs. I have it several other places as well. Nothing is painted yet, I hope it might help you a bit. The room next to kitchen on one side is dining room, we did paneling type wainscot in there to cut down on busyness.
    On the other side of kitchen is breakfast room. I did do 8 ft. tall beadboard in there as that is the way we wanted it to look and feel. It will all be painted white when its finished.

• mygar
    15 years ago

I did all Beadboard cabinets. I am at work and do not have access to the pictures. I'll try to post some tonight if you want.

This is the only one I have here:

• mominthedubc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mygar and Acountryfarm, Thanks for posting the pictures, this really helps.

• mygar
    15 years ago

Here's another one:

• marthavila
    15 years ago

Not so long ago, I started a thread asking for photos of beadboard cabs. The responses showed beadboard usage in a variety of ways, including cabs, islands and backsplashes.

Check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Show Me Your Beadboard Cabinets

• gatorjaw
    15 years ago

I'm not sure yet if I love, love, love my BB cabs. However, my KD tried to convince me to go with BB drawers as well, and I'm very glad we stuck with "slab," b/c it would have been too much for us otherwise.

(Avert your eyes from the mess...)

• mominthedubc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Marthavila, Thank you so much for sending the link to all the BB cabs, that was great! Gatorjaw, what mess? Thanks for your honesty about not being so in love w/ the BB. BTW, I think what you did with the combo cabs looks great & the paneled DW looks great.

• margieb2
    15 years ago

I definitely wanted it somewhere in my kitchen as I've always loved the look. We just used a little in the desk area:
    {{!gwi}}

• mygar
    15 years ago

I really do love the Beadboard. Somebody wrote here not to get beadboard on Oak because of the grain but I really do love mine. I love the grain.

Anyway, I didn't put beadboard on the drawers either because I thought it would be too much. I'm also happy with that decision.

• davewg
    15 years ago

We're doing all beadboard cabinets too.

I'll snap some shots tonight or tomorrow morning and post. They are finishing up trim today.

• fran1523
    15 years ago

Here's a picture of my painted bead board cabinets. I love them. It is a definite, country look though and not for everybody. I also preferred the slab drawers to break it up.

• mominthedubc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh my, they ALL look good. It's great to see the different colors and combinations. Great ideas. Can't wait to see more clever uses.

• berryberry
    15 years ago

Here are a few of ours in progress. Our concept was just acouple painted, distressed beadboard cabinets designed like hutches with the interior of the open Island cabinets carrying the look thru

Here is a link that might be useful: more pics

• mominthedubc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Berry...thanks so much, this helps a lot.