Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stacys_gw

Recommendations on granite yards/fabricators in Central NJ

stacys
13 years ago

Looking for recommendations of places to purchase and install granite countertops near Central NJ (Woodbridge).

If you list a business-please only tell me if you purchased your countertop there.

I have checked the BBB website, but only found 4 places within 50 miles!

Thank you!

Comments (17)

• mom270
    13 years ago

We used All Granite in South Plainfield. Huge selection, best prices. We got the free sink and it's been fine. The whole process was quick and easy, but they like cash instead of credit.

• vidyap7
    13 years ago

I used replacement counters for my basement. They are in Somerset. The most reasonable price I found in the area.

• padola07
    13 years ago

I have talked to a number of stone yards in NJ. All Granite & Marble is okay. I got quotes from them but they're kind of quirky. I mean they tend to be rude-ish and inflexible. But the selection is good and the prices are good although they gave me wrong info but in their defense it wasn't a popular product.

StoneTech is good, they wouldn't necessarily call you back or keep in touch with you but the owner is very personable and willing to help.

Now I chose Atlas Granite in jersey city which is very good. The owner is a nice lady who's just terriffic. They seem to have high standards, for example they reinforce every piece of stone. Actually she gave me a quote and when her costs rose she stuck with the quote. She actually showed me the email with her costs from the distributor she's buying my slab from! Most business will never reveal their costs to you

So I like Atlas most, they may not have a huge selection in house but they can send you to a stone distributor who has your stone.

• scoutcat
    13 years ago

I used Stone Surfaces in Rutherford, near the Meadowlands. I was very happy with everything.

• Laurie
    13 years ago

I have used Stone Surfaces also. Was very pleased with their customer service and the finished product.

I also used All Granite in South Plainfield for a small job to finish off some work later on since they were closer to home. I had no problem with them and the work came out very nice.

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

We ordered our granite from IGM in North Bergen (we used a local fabricator).

Other NJ yards we saw were OHM and Everest.

• stacys
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all for your recommendations.

All Granite got a F from the BBB for failing to respond to 2 complaints and Atlas Granite has an F for not responding to 1 complaint plus they appear to be a new company. I know it's not the only source to pick a reputable vendor, but is one place to check.

Does anyone have experience with Granite Surfaces in Middlesex, Fleminton Granite, American Granite Designs in Freehold or Artistic Marble & Granite in Hawthorne?

I will post a follow-up after I visit some of these places in case this link is useful to someone in the future.

• tamdave123
    13 years ago

I do not recommend All Granite (also known as No. 1 Granite). My sister used them and they are less expensive but her slabs discolored. I also heard bad things about them from other places while shopping. Be cautious.

I bought my slab from European Marble & Granite in Jamesburg, NJ. Their website is emgcorp.com. Large yard with very nice people. They have several branches. I went to all of them I think (in Queens, Long Island, etc.)...LOL! Also IGM in New Jersey had a large selection and I think their place was an indoor warehouse. Good luck.

• tamdave123
    13 years ago

Oops I think it was OHM that had the indoor granite warehouse. www.ohmintl.com

I went to both IGM (in North Bergen) and OHM (in Monroe Township, NJ) and they seemed very reputable and had a large slab selection. But I ultimately chose my granite at European.

• marcy96
    13 years ago

I used Precision Marble & Granite in Shrewsbury, NJ, for my bathrooms. They have some slabs on site or you can go to the warehouse they use, PMI in Marlboro. I found my kitchen granite slabs at PMI, but used my GC's fabricator. I would highly recommend both Precision and the PMI warehouse.

• tracy25
    13 years ago

I used Stone King in Middlesex and was very pleased with pricing, stone quality and installation....free artisan sink as well:-) I got a phenomenal price on my Typhoon Bordeaux...GC was very impressed. I'd have to say it was my very best deal with our renovation (makes me happy every day!!)

Tracy

• blubird
    13 years ago

Benchmark in Lakewood has a pretty huge selection and does a marvelous job. My daughter used them for granite in her kitchen and I used them for granite for my bedroom set nighttables.

Their salespeople are both pleasant and knowledgeable.

Helene

• arifazaman
    11 years ago

If you need any help to take any decision for your building and home improvement projects, go to the link http://www.stonesurfacesnj.com/. I think you will have whatever you need about it.

• arifazaman
    11 years ago

If you need any help to take any decision for your building and home improvement projects, go to the link granite nj I think you will have whatever you need about it.

• kristen007
    9 years ago

I would not think twice about recommending âÂÂMega Marble" to a friend especially when pricing is very competitive. From start to finish, Mega Marble has been the best choice for me."

Here is a link that might be useful: Mega Marble

• ZachRogers
    9 years ago

I would highly recommend countertopsnewjersey.com to anyone in need of a locksmith. They were extremely professional throughout the process, and more importantly they were SO nice! Thank you, Tony,

Here is a link that might be useful: countertopsnewjersey,com

• salonv
    9 years ago

I also used Benchmark in Lakewood. They were absolutely top notch. I have only heard great things about them- the selection was wonderful and they were a total delight to deal with.

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus