Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shadey_gw

Martha Stewart "creamy white" color with soapstone tops?

shadey
9 years ago

Hi,

A designer recommended Dove White for my cabinets as well as trim in other parts of the house, but I found it too harsh and cold for my palette (lots of northerly light). I think that Martha stewart "heavy cream" is nice. I wonder if it will work as well with the soapstone countertops? has anyone used this combo?

Oh my, then there is the backsplash! More decisions.

Thanks,
Shadey

Comments (4)

• Vertise
    9 years ago

I think I'd use a solid surface with her cabinet finish, as they have a similar quality. Some have successfully used soapstone laminate, custom thickness same as soapstone.

I think a cream and soapstone would look fine. Coloring of it varies quite a bit though. Lots of threads here on it.

• shadey
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My cabinets are actually custom, not Martha, it is the color that I am concerned about. I usually see soapstone with a bright white, but in my space I think the creamier is warmer and more inviting.

• Vertise
    9 years ago

I think there was a thread on this fairly recently with a photo example.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    9 years ago

MS 'Heavy Cream' is a definite yellow (I think a pretty one); so I think it really will depend on the SS that you use. I have a sample here still that I think it looks okay with. My granite is a grey-green-black similar to lots of SS and I used MS 'Gull' which I think turned out really well. 'Gull' isn't really a very creamy color, though. it has some gray to it.

Soapstone definitely works with lots more than bright white.