Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle16_gw

ROHL faucet help

michelle16
11 years ago

I want to buy a Rohl faucet, because I know they have a good repuation for quality. I also have purchased the Rohl shaws farmsink. What I don't get is why the bridge style faucets jumpin price for the country collection you can get it for only 600, and then the perrin and Rowe is like 1300!! is the quality any different from the two?? The problem is I like the style alor more from the Perrin and Rowe collection, and it's so much more money. I don't know if I canjustify spending 1300 and then another 150 for the soap dispenser.Any thoughts or similiar quality faucet for less?? I like the waterworks ones but they are also very pricey. Anyone lese pay this much for a faucet?? Thanks, Michelle

Comments (19)

• babushka_cat
    11 years ago

i had the same dilemma. i got the country faucet and love it! glad i did not spend the extra money. got it with the lever handles and bought soap dispenser on ebay to save some $. pics in case this is helpful.

• michelle16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Babushka- that picture really helped alot!! You made my decision, it looks great! i was leaning towards the perrin and rowe, but can't justify the double expense.What style is that just country bridge with levers? Also what color sonk did u go with the white or biscuit? I ordered the sink in white, the truck just came but it had a right drain and slight paint imperfection on the side , so I sent it back.would rather have a left drain, since most are suppose to be that way( the website says only a few are on the right) I rather go with the majority, plus my plumbing is already on the left.When the white showed up it looked alitlle stark, starting to wonder if I should have gone biscuit? Would love to know the color of yurs, your kitchen has been a great inspiration! Tks, Michelle

• michelle16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Dragonfly- love it, after seeing the country collection in, I am liking it better, and will go with it to save $, is your sink in the white??

• babushka_cat
    11 years ago

yes, country bridge with levers. make sure to specify the levers, it is a different number. my sink is white. i prefer white over biscuit. i ended up with the drain on right, worked out ok but my plumbing was not in yet so it did not matter.

• dragonfly08
    11 years ago

yes, my sink is white. my cabinets are white and my countertops are grey/white. biscuit would have been too creamy for my kitchen. my friend just had the same bridge faucet as babushka's installed and it really is more beautiful in person.

• dragonfly08
    11 years ago

one more thing to consider with the 30" shaw's sink is the faucet reach. i just feel it's important for you to consider when making your decision, because often they don't mention it at the showroom. i made my decision with the help of GW (and babushka_cat, too... again!) and ended up with the 11" rohl offered. it was a point i brought up with my friend who recently had hers installed just before she placed her order. it's just one of those details that MAY or MAY NOT make a big difference that you don't typically think about, especially if it's your first apron sink. rather than go into length about it, i'll post link to that discussion.

Here is a link that might be useful: Faucet reach for 30

• kamkar2006
    11 years ago

I ordered the same faucet as dragonfly08. I just received it and like others have said it came in its very own red little bag! Very chic. The price was very good at under $600 for a Rohl faucet and it is so elegant! Rohl makes amazing faucets!!!

• michelle16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Dragonfly- thank you so much for all that useful info. i was aware of the 11 " , but didn't realize i would need that, so i will have to see.

babushka- did you wind up getting the extra length?? Would love to know this, since I am getting the same style as you as far as the bridge. Just not sure if I am going for the lever handle which is very easy to use, or the cross, which I really want but I know it will be annoying and get dirty. so i would love to know if you are okay with the 9', cause I think it looks grat, thank you both for all your help on this.Also babushka- the only thing I can't get the side spray with your style faucet, the bridge that comes with the sidespray is different and not as nice, oh decisions , decisions!!LOL! Tks, Michelle

• babushka_cat
    11 years ago

i did special order a new neck. it has not yet been installed but i did purchase and it has been delivered. the 9" is working ok but decided not to chance it and the store gave me a very good price so ordered the 11" as well. the GC will swap it out later this month when they are back to finish stuff up.

i will say i wish i had a side spray. junk ends up in corners of sink. so if i were to do it again i would consider a side spray a requirement.

• kateskouros
    11 years ago

imo, there is no difference in quality between perrin & rowe and the country collection. both solid brass (and HEAVY) with ceramic discs. no plastic anywhere on these faucets (though i haven't seen much of that in any quality brand). i bought two of the P&R bridge faucets on ebay for under $800 each.

i know i've suggested ebay to you before but i got most of my faucets that way. i even got another rohl faucet for my laundry room ...for $50. GL!

{{gwi:1585001}}

• dragonfly08
    11 years ago

sorry to hijack this thread for a moment... but, seriously...

@katekouros, if that is your laundry room, i'm moving in!! i'll even offer to be your personal launderer... it's stunning!!

• sloane529
    11 years ago

I just bit the bullet, after much searching and agonizing, and got the P&R bridge. The main difference for me was that I wanted the side spray and 2 legs. The Rohl Country with side spray is 3 leg as opposed to the P&R which is the 2 leg style I prefer. The finish changes the price a lot, I went with chrome for $1200 (satin nickel would have added $400!) The only other company I found that made a 2 leg bridge faucet with side spray was Newport Brass, but I was dissuaded by the plumber (leak issues) and told that cost was similar (tho you can find Newport on line about $700). Also consider Grohe Bridgeport for a 3 leg bridge w/spray at about $800. Other on line sites I found good prices for P and R were amazon and vintagetub, if you feel comfortable ordering on line. I think you can't go wrong with Rohl or P and R - very high quality faucets.

Here is a link that might be useful: Newport Brass Bridge w/spray

• michelle16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi everyone! and thank you for your help on this.I prefer the 2 legs for the bridge as well but the price for the perrin and rowe was 1300, and that was a "good" price.If I got the 2 legs of the country style it had no side spray, whcih I def. wanted. so i got the country 3 leg bridge style with the cross handles that I love. I also purchased the 11" extended spout after reading everyone's posts.The faucet was only 608 and the extended spout was 148, so at 756 total for a rohl in polished nickel, I thought that was a great price. i just couldn't justify doubling the price for something so similar.I hope I don't regret it!! if anyone has pics of this style would love to see it! I figured I could use that extra 600$ towards my pulls/latches!! thanks agin for all the help, I never would have known about the extended spout!! michelle

• rococogurl
    11 years ago

A difference between the two collections is that one -- the Rohl Country -- is made in Italy and the other Perrin & Rowe are English-made. It would be hard to know the additional differences that reflect prices without actually handling the faucets. Often the amount of brass in a faucet can be determined by weight.

Having said that, Rohl has excellent quality faucets -- it's a T&T brand. No bad choices there. I particularly love their nickel finish.

• kateskouros
    11 years ago

dragonfly: no! that's my prep sink in the kitchen.
    2 leg P&R faucet, less than $800 on ebay.

• Missy Williams
    9 years ago

kateskouros: I'm trying to source drawer pulls for my soon-to-be-installed white cabinets (other kitchen finishes are Shaw farmhouse sink, Perrin and Rowe gooseneck bridge faucet, carrara marble counters) and I love the ones I'm seeing in the background of a photo on Pinterest… that I think might be from your photo. The photo shows a P&R faucet installed at a prep sink (tag still in sink) and in the background there is a drawer with a bin/cup pull (similar to ones I've purchased) and another drawer with a different pull. I'd love to know the source for that other pull! I'm searching for a simple, timeless, classic "bridge" pull in either a satin or polished nickel finish. (My P&R faucet will be polished nickel but I'm thinking satin nickel for cabinetry hardware…) Many thanks for any hardware source info! Warmly, Missy

• gm1020
    8 years ago

sloane529 - are you happy with the P&R bridge? I prefer the the 2-leg as well. Any problems with side spray being too hot to handle or dripping after use when returned to the base? thanks!

• aptosca
    8 years ago

Waterstone also makes a 2-leg bridge with side spray. In fact, they make several, with different spout shapes.

Making the side spray work with a 2-leg is complicated because the mixing has to happen below the faucet. That's not the case with three leg.

I'm leaning towards the Waterstone. It has a little more character. A bit more expensive but the P&R isn't cheap, either.