Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
agentslim

Help selecting Luce Di Luna!

agentslim
10 years ago

Hi All,

We've narrowed our slabs down to 3 different bundles of Luce Di Luna. Our kitchen has white shaker cabinets with pro style stainless steel appliances. I would love to hear your opinions on these 3 different slabs and why? Cheers!

A.

B.

C.

Comments (19)

• cawaps
    10 years ago

I like #2 and #3 better than #1. I think the "best" depends on your configuration. I like the strong longitudinal steaks in #2, but you might end out with one run with those lines and another without. #3 is more consistent.

• Debbi Branka
    10 years ago

I love A! Why? It reminds me of my own statuary marble I have. It's so similar! And obviously since I picked mine out, I think it's beautiful!

B is pretty but I'm not in love with the diagonal straight line through.

C is pretty too, but it looks like it's 2 pieces put together (I know it's not - that's just what I see).

They are all gorgeous choices, but my favorite is A.

• remodelfla
    10 years ago

"A" is my favorite because I like that the direction of the veining varies. Then I'd pick "C"... kinda fond of the diagonal.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I like A because I think when cutting it up for counters, it gives you more options for interesting veins...I think the others will look more like diagonal stripes only.

You have to picture it not as a slab but as strips 24" wide and what is revealed in each of the potential strips. I remember seeing GF's granite in a whole new light when we got to play with the templates and decide exactly which veining elements would be where on her counters...it really gives you a whole new perspective when looking at the stone.

• agentslim
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks!

Our kitchen is U shaped with a 4x6 island. I think A has nice bold veins, but C looks so uniform and smooth.

Keep the votes coming, we gotta decide tomorrow!

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

I love them all! So beautiful! If I had to pick one; I'd pick the 3rd one. I'm a sucker for the diagonal lines. Good Luck!

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

Along the lines of what Annie said, imagine that slab being cut for the counters, how will the turns be handled for the U ?

Personally, I like A, then C, then B.

Reason is, Just Because.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

I love C! Actually I loved A, then B, but when I saw C, I said yep, that's the one!

• ck_squared
    10 years ago

I like C because I like the tighter linear veining. The fact that it's diagonal is a plus!

• Denitza Kotov
    10 years ago

A or C - with white cabs the slab can be more dramatic ( A ).
    With sleak modern cabs I would pick C.

• agentslim
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We're going with white shaker cabinets. We love the transitional look.

• jmaurry
    10 years ago

I think they are all really nice, but like A and C best. What part of the country are you in? I haven't seen any slabs that look like this in the SF Bay Area, I'd love to get one of these. All the slabs in my area are medium gray with veins, not white with veins.

• islanddevil
    10 years ago

I like A for the the variety in vein pattern. B is my least favorite because there are a lot of areas with less interest so depending on the layout, some areas migh be boring.
    Can't wait to hear which one you go with. If you have a door sample please post a picture of it with the winning slab!

• elle0221
    10 years ago

A is my favorite. C reads more contemporary. Are you going to have an island? If you do, you can measure what part of the slab would be the island to give you a better idea.

• michoumonster
    10 years ago

i would vote for A for perimeters and C for an island just because i think C is more dramatic when kept as a whole slab, while A would still have interesting parts even if cut up for perimeters.

• heidia
    10 years ago

I love love love the last one!!!! We are using luce di luna too!

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

I think I like the third one but I'm not crazy about any of them. I really wanted Luce di Luna, but never liked any of the slabs I saw in person. Best of luck, oldbat2be

• agentslim
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone!

We decided to purchase the last two slabs from bundle A. Stay tuned, I'll post photos once we get them installed!

Jam_sf- We're in Central California. All of these slabs were in the bay area. Most of the stores had the vein cut and cross cut Luce di Luna. In person they are slightly gray. These specific bundles were from Pietra Fina in Hayward. I worked with a gal named Victoria. They had 3 other bundles as of today. Integrated marble in SF had some as well. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pietra Fina

• agentslim
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey All,

Turns out one of the slabs we purchased had a small fissure. We needed the entire slabs for our kitchen, so we had to return them for some others. If your interested, they are available at Pietra Fina in hayward CA.

Goodluck!