Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Medallion Silverline vs. Diamond

Posted by katsmah (My Page) on
Thu, May 6, 10 at 10:37

I am meeting with a contractor on Saturday who will be showing me his first design for my remodel. He has a few different cabinet brands, but when I told him I am leaning towards for painted white maple he immediately steered me to Diamond.

Last night I looked at his website again and found that he also sells Medallion. Looking at the Medallion website I see 2 doors I like, one in the Silverline - Winston, and one in the Designer line - Rushmore - that are simple raised panel doors and both have an option of painted in Divinity.

Is Medallion Silverline decent enough quality that I should have him price that also? I think the Designer will be out of my price range.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Medallion Silverline vs. Diamond

If you go on the Medallion website you can see what the features are of the Silverline line and if they compare to the ones you are looking at in Diamond cabinets. Overall, Medallion makes quality cabinets, and their painted cabinets have a beautiful matte finish that the other semi-custom lines can't compare to.

o

Thanks Marcy. I've been on the Medallion website and it really doesn't say much about the construction of the Silver line. I gather it is their 'builders line' and I don't know what that means for the quality of the build and finish.

o

Hi Marcy - I'm also considering Medallion Silver line series. My designer gave me a booklet with information about differences between Platinum, Designer Gold and Silverline. I compared Silver Line construct with Kraftmaid and it seems identical. The price of Medallion was significantly less than Kraftmaid. I hope that helps. I'm going with Medallion.

o

The box construction on silverline is the same as designer. You just have a limited selection of doors, and slightly fewer modifications and colors.

o

I have the Medallion Designer Gold, wood is cherry and stain is Pecan I believe. The cabinets are very nice, our supplier said that Medallion does the stains beautifully but if we wanted painted cabinets, he would have recommended a different cabinet maker.
One thing to note regarding frameless and framed: on the Medallion the frames are not "frameless", but they are definitely "less frame" than other cabinet makers.
If you're considering Medallion, take a look at Innermost at HD, both lines are made by Elkay and thus have similar door styles but the Innermost line is truly frameless. And they often run specials because it's a new line and they're trying to increase their business.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here