Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which Franke prep sink?

Posted by ekbecker1 (My Page) on
Sun, May 12, 13 at 10:27

I am planning to have the Franke Orca as my cleanup sink and I was wondering what y'all would recommend for a "matching" prep sink?

I measured my largest colander and it is just under 14" wide.

I am not limited on the size of the base cabinet (yet). I am still working on my layout, but I want to pick my sinks now while I still have flexibility in cabinet size. The prep sink is not in an island or peninsula or anything like that. It will be in a run of 24" deep cabinets in front of a window where plumbing already exists. It will be about 10 feet away from the Orca.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which Franke prep sink?

I can't tell you about Franke specifically (I hate SS sinks), but can offer my advice on prep sink size in general. Most of the time, we recommend a minimum 18" size sink here. Because I was using silgranit, I had to choose between prep sinks either 20" wide or 15.5" wide interior measurements. I chose the smaller 15.5" sink to save prep space on my island and am happy with it. I would NOT go any smaller back to front or in width. I do sometimes wish for slightly wider.

As a side note, you're on the right track picking your sinks first before ordering yourself into a corner with sink base cab sizes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here